• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I guess he can't be a rider who never won liege, so he cannot justify this long spring when he hasn't won that.

We might as well already award him his 4th Fleche win.

I didn't know he had a book.
I wouldn't be so sure about the Fleche. I mean, he is the favorite, but Roglic last year wasn't that far off, and this year we will certainly have Pogacar also in the mix, and of course eternal Valverde Belmonte with a little help of Ibarguren Taus magic potion;)
Anyway I think Liege is the one he wants badly...

I wouldn't be so sure about the Fleche. I mean, he is the favorite, but Roglic last year wasn't that far off, and this year we will certainly have Pogacar also in the mix, and of course eternal Valverde Belmonte with a little help of Ibarguren Taus magic potion;)
Anyway I think Liege is the one he wants badly...

I'd say Roglic was quite far off in Fleche last year.
This year, otoh...

Reactions: Blanco
And suddenly you appear on Google Streetview.

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.nieuwsblad.be%2FAssets%2FImages_Upload%2F2022%2F01%2F02%2Fd26126b6-bdf6-4b28-8362-20d642994898.jpg

Quickstep have apparently said he is stable and is being checked over in hospital.

Romain Bardet commented after the finish that Julian couldn't move or breathe after the crash.

I hope he comes through this. That was painful to watch. While Remco winning might be great for the team, the victory will be bitter sweet.

Bardet's initial reaction was to immediately look after Alaphilippe and call for help.

He didn't seem to be much affected by the crash.

Tells a lot about Romain as a person that the first thing that came to his mind was Alaphilippe's health and not to resume racing! <3

Nice to hear about Alaphilippe being healthy and stable. Hitting a stump & trunk could probably cause internal bleeding.

TRENDING THREADS