• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 290 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gavandope said:
I wish I knew yet - I still have about 6500 posts to get to the end! There are limits to what he can and cannot answer rationally and concisely as someone can running a team in pro cycling. His 'laws of physics' commenting on a public forum about doping.

I think this all will turn out far more interesting to read than tinkov's twitter easily :D

The last time JV came on, I asked him about publishing power data, viz., if Froome rode for Garmin, would he:

a) measure his V02max and maybe other parameters like LT and efficiency;
b) if he did, would he make this information available to the general public;
c) would he measure power on major GT climbs, and make those data public;
d) would he publish Froome's pre-2011 power data.

Still waiting for a response.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Merckx index said:
The last time JV came on, I asked him about publishing power data, viz., if Froome rode for Garmin, would he:

a) measure his V02max and maybe other parameters like LT and efficiency;
b) if he did, would he make this information available to the general public;
c) would he measure power on major GT climbs, and make those data public;
d) would he publish Froome's pre-2011 power data.

Still waiting for a response.

All very valid questions, but I can see why he may dodge answering it as it's hypothetical and ultimately lead into breaking his 'physics of the clinic' laws.

I've just asked a question about our Edgarco-o-meter's so precise and yet fuzzy enough so I might actually have a chance of getting it answered (confirmed more like) in a vague and roundabout enough way that he has to do here, and pretty much to everyone bar his close trusted circle of friends. I can give an example that applies to me. What I got told about doping in sports on a stag weekend in early 1991 and so much turned out to be true I have never discussed it with anyone on the internet. A lot was seriously libellous and I would have been bankrupted and I believe I still would be getting my posterior sued even today. Only friends have I ever discussed specifics with in person and to their face period.

There is data out there that not a team leader should be revealing but the UCI with regulations to make as much of that data public as possible. With the community now getting reasonable data out of climb performances, your own eyes watching how cattle trucked the rider is doing the climb it should be down to the governing body to enforce the publishing of this data.

Add all that lot together and Passport aside it's a pretty good improvement on the Edgarco-o-meter that has served me so well since Festina!

So if you're going to ask questions try to word them and make them vague enough so you can get an equally vague yet concise answer. I'm afraid that straight questions won't get straight answers and I'm surprised loads of you haven't cottoned on to that by now. Though you may have and I may have been premature not reading 87% of this thread!

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The biggest hypocrite is Digger. He criticises people for not speaking the truth but caveats his twitter with:

"Account is Satire and personal opinion...largely **** take. It is cycling after all"

If he had any balls / consistency he wouldn't do that.

Parker said:
I'd make two points here.

So on to the second point. Digger himself.

He demands integrity and people to stand up for what they believe in. Yet this a person who was involved in the Kimmage fund. A fund which drew in 100k but was incompetently managed by four people. One was a con man. Two others - Lesli Cohen and Andy Shen have held their hands up and apologised. But the fourth man remains behind anonymity - the guardian of integrity - Digger. To cowardly, too gutless, too immoral to take responsibility for his incompetence. Too arrogant to acknowledge those that he let down.

In fairness to Digger, and perhaps to many FFF contributors, my own irrational exuberance caused me to donate twice to a fund that had virtually no proof of having been well founded.

In fact, I think I may have been one of the first, if not the very first contributor.

Hazy memory, but my second contribution coming when some chatroom conversation suggested that the initial contributions didn't go through even though they had.

Dave.

D-Queued said:
In fairness to Digger, and perhaps to many FFF contributors, my own irrational exuberance caused me to donate twice to a fund that had virtually no proof of having been well founded.
Yeah, but that's just you causing loss to yourself. We've all done that I expect.

But Digger lost other people's money. If he had even a fraction of the integrity that he demands from others, he would have fronted up and apologised using his true identity (as Cohen and Shen did). A hundred grand is not small beans. His cowardice on this matter is the mark of the man.

Afrank said:
This thread is not about Digger, so please desist with the personal attacks and off topic posts.

Then why delete the whole post?

And given that Digger has inserted himself personally into this thread, why shouldn't be held accountable for his actions.

Another bias mod suppressing challenging opinions. And when have true debates been constricted by boundaries, other than my those who fear where they may venture.

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Afrank said:
This thread is not about Digger, so please desist with the personal attacks and off topic posts.

I've read a lot about digger so far and I'm only on 1088 out of more than 6000. Contributes a lot to the debate like many others have, it's a great thread and thanks to all of you for making it that way.

Reckon it will take me about to week to finish it, hopefully my holiday lodge will have 3G else add another two to that!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Gavandope said:
I've read a lot about digger so far and I'm only on 1088 out of more than 6000. Contributes a lot to the debate like many others have, it's a great thread and thanks to all of you for making it that way.

Reckon it will take me about to week to finish it, hopefully my holiday lodge will have 3G else add another two to that!

after that, you can get started on the sky thread :p

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
the sceptic said:
after that, you can get started on the sky thread :p

That's truly a thread of Feynman proportions for me as an Englishman. I think I described it as a 'quantum **** great state' there with very mixed feelings over the whole thing. I better not go there! :D

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
kingjr said:
You'll have to do all the Armstrong threads then :p

Lol - one topic I'm much less interested about as I've read and watched pretty much everything.

Unless he's going to shock everyone here and nuke the whole sport with a full detailed confession he's going to make one bad move and then another with others coming out of the closet chipping away at him bit by bit. Purgatory and totally deserved until he realises the whole truth will be the only thing to save him, hopefully when he's skint. Advice for free unlike the idiot lawyers and advisers who tell him that still lying will work when coming clean bar getting himself locked up he will keep most of his money simply by torching everything. He can always lie from pre 95 and post 2010 and if it works for a sociopath's treatment via therapy to a counsellor why not to the world :D

Apologies for being OT but I have no doubt that jv has told all unlike the mafia don who kept his mouth firmly shut to the public - including this forum,

JV1973 said:
...Our team is and always has been 100% clean - and will remain that way. That statement can withstand any level of scrutiny and I look forward to standing in front of God himself and saying the same thing...

JV

This pretty much qualms any doubts or sliver of doubts I may have had.

:)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
1. It's a JV thread. Discussing Digger is OT, and thus against the rules,

So Digger can call other posters hypocrites over and over but pointing out his often hypocritical positions is not allowed?

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Daniel Benson said:
Post, not the poster. If you don't like what a post says, counter the post. Do not attack the poster.

I guess if you find Digger getting personal with other people, the best thing to do is report his posts.

Fighting fire with fire is not something that works, nor is it tolerated, IME.

Gentle(wo)men,
please desist from venting at other members. It is not acceptable.

This thread is JV talks, sort of.

Please let JV sort of talk

Ask JV some questions, have a discussion with him. Thats it.

Stop the baiting, stop the bullying, stop the personal attacks.

Final warning.

bison

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Afrank said:

But it's a free ground for a poster to continually say a ton of garbage at someone who brings in more visitors based on status and insight to the cycling world?

I'm not entirely sure what the administration teams aim is with the moderation decisions. You can call JV a **** for about 10 pages and repeat yourself a million times about it but you can't call someone out on being a ***?

For what it's worth, if Digger outed themselves then I don't see what's offensive about calling them by their birth name. They let people know who they were and gave up any anonymity they had.

Why are you protecting them?

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Basically what I'm understanding from admin decisions is that I can go find random people who post on this forum and, using information they've provided to find more and more information about them, continually harass them as long as they remain the focus point of my 'discussion.'

Well ever since Jv1973 mr garmin has posted we have seen worst in certain posters around here. Problem is with certain people here is that they seem to think they are so perfect and clear, yet in reality they are just bad as so bad men they are after. Perhaps some are in some strange dream, which blocking there reality out.
Cycling has alot bad people and will always have bad people no matter if get ride all drugs in this world. At least Jv comes here offer his time. Could be siting on island counting his money. Wonder how long certain people would last in his position in cycling not just in past or in present? say alot would run away years ago.

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
thanks Dave, very good to hear your side of it.

Indeed you did.

Interesting. So what do you make of the fact that JV outed three of his riders in here but not Hesjedal? You really accept JV's explanation that the secrecy was called for due to the ongoing usada investigation?

Of course he had something to gain from such intel. More like 'nothing to loose'.

don't be;)

I disagree with your take on JV. I think he knows what time it is and is lying us in the face.
If you've followed the thread, you must have seen several factual lies from JV pointed out by different posters.

One easy example is JV vouching for the cleanliness of his riders, even bringing the Good Lord into the equation. You know as well as I do that he cannot, for the love of God, vouch for the cleanliness of his riders.
Plenty of other examples. I can't be bothered now but if you insist I'll dig some up. A good starting point is to check on some of Dear Wiggo's recent posts.
Also check out westerner's excellent post and try to reconcile that with the idea of clean Garmin riders.

It's simply too big a stretch to reconcile all the facts, statements and results relating to Garmin with the view that Garmin (first and foremost Wiggo and Hesjedal) have been clean. Assuming they doped is so much easier.
Occam's razor and all.

The irony here is that Sniper is the one lying. He claims Ryder doped to win the Giro. That is a lie. And with time, it will be apparent that it is a lie. Ironical, as the kids say.

In other news, Digger and I have reconciled. A deal brokered by Floyd Landis himself. Makes me happy. So, with that, I don't need to keep arguing away here.

Best of luck to all you guys in your endeavors! I'm sure I'll pop back in to say hello soon.

JV

JV1973 said:
The irony here is that Sniper is the one lying. He claims Ryder doped to win the Giro. That is a lie. And with time, it will be apparent that it is a lie. Ironical, as the kids say.

In other news, Digger and I have reconciled. A deal brokered by Floyd Landis himself. Makes me happy. So, with that, I don't need to keep arguing away here.

Best of luck to all you guys in your endeavors! I'm sure I'll pop back in to say hello soon.

JV

Thanks JV.

Am definitely willing, and looking forward, to see Ryder's win stand up against the test of time. At such time, given that we are not truly clear of the doping morass, that win may then be regarded as monumental.

Dave.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
JV1973 said:

JV

The irony here is that you are so certain Hesjedal was clean, considering his history and the history of the sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JV1973 said:

JV

If it is a lie how do you go about proving that?

You were supposedly spending bug bucks on internal testing. Why not release all that data about Hesjedal? I dont believe he won it clean. His blood values show that, although you blame machine error same as Wiggins values for 2009 tdf.

Hesjedal was a doper and that should never be forgotten and yes everything he does in a sporting sense must be remembered along with that.

I dont believe riders can win a GT clean. Why? Too many willing to take huge risks to win a GT. There are nationalities who believe doping in cycling is the same as breathing and for Hesjedal to beat them he had to beat them with doping. There is no testing worth talking about that a team with a huge internal testing regime would be worried about.

JV your a business man in a sporting arena. Anti doping is pr. End of.

Benotti69 said:
you accuse me of a repeating a black and white view point, now i am bending it.

anything is possible in this sport. History has shown that.

I dont trust anyone in pro cycling, the sport has created that mistrust and JV coming in here and trying to mess with people's heads doesn;t help his cuase.

Liberty Sig asked him repeatedly a serious post. What does JV do? Reply to Digger who he accuses of posting BS.....

Anti-doping is a joke, why would any team compete in the sport clean and start off with such a disadvantage, it makes no sense and to a business guy it makes business suicide to ride clean when everyone else is juicing and TUEing their a$$es to podiums.

Why do you post? You are a one trick pony. We all know your cynical and jaded point of view. Anti-doping does not work (just ask Lance). Everyone dopes. You cannot trust anyone in cycling. The UCI sucks. Cookson's a joke. JV,s an a$$hole. The pope has the clap. Blah, ba, blah, ba, blah. Not one single constructive comment., just a useless diatribe of doom, gloom and negativity. Please go away, or at least get some therapy!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
*post deleted by mod*

1 trick

Anti-doping does not work

2 tricks

Everyone dopes

3 tricks

You cannot trust anyone in cycling

4 tricks

The UCI sucks

5 tricks

Cookson's a joke.

Wow so many tricks, this guy is good.......;)

TRENDING THREADS