• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 319 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Could you post some examples? I don't recall any of the frequent posters defending Contador as clean. I'd be quite surprised beyond maybe La Florecita.

I don't think anyone thinks conti is clean but personally i think he is super talented, I just love the way races and every other GC is on a program so he is a favourite of mine.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jonathan Vaughters @Vaughters · 2h 2 hours ago
@BearBinnedFicus @SSbike @julienpretotRTR @PaulKimmage how many were invited to speak to circ? Zero on my team. Big weakness in report.

So Vaughters when you talked to CIRC did you tell them to invite your riders to come and talk in your 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' manner or did you tell your riders to go talk to CIRC in your 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' manner?

:rolleyes:

Benotti69 said:
@BearBinnedFicus @SSbike @julienpretotRTR @PaulKimmage how many were invited to speak to circ? Zero on my team. Big weakness in report.

So Vaughters when you talked to CIRC did you tell them to invite your riders to come and talk in your 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' manner or did you tell your riders to go talk to CIRC in your 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' manner?

Don't we know the answer to this question, because it is actually in the report?

How about: How many volunteered?

Dave.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Benotti69 said:

Don't we know the answer to this question, because it is actually in the report?

Dave.

My question to 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' JV, was why didn't he kick thier ar$es down to the CIRC?

Benotti69 said:
D-Queued said:
Benotti69 said:

Dave.

My question to 'dedicated my life to anti-doping' JV, was why didn't he kick thier ar$es down to the CIRC?

And, your question is well taken.

Dave.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
i'm happy he didn't.
the report would have been unreadable with crap statements about clean(ER) cycling.

I honestly think it speaks volumes that neither Millar nor any of the Garmin boys went to talk to CIRC, and then afterwards start a public campaign to discredit the report.

I also think the report did a pretty decent job exposing JV's ongoing clean(ER) cycling PR campaign for what it is: a load of salestalk.
"not what the cool kids do..."
"dopers now get ostracized"
"cycling is now clean"
he actually literally said all that. go figure.

So, Vaughters spoke about Comercial Agreements and Sponsorships at the Tackling Doping in Sport conference:

"Sponsorship uncertainty can cause desperation."

"When I was riding it was socially acceptable to dope - it was a a laughing matter."

and a shoutout to the haters: "Thank you for all the positive feedback and comments on my presentation today. I owe a lot of that insight to my fiercest critics"

This conversation about the acceptance of doping is moot, if the possibility of getting away with it is still there. Riders aren't in the peloton to make friends and be accepted. Whether the culture has changed or not doesn't matter, because the doping sure hasn't.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

More Strides than Rides said:
So, Vaughters spoke about Comercial Agreements and Sponsorships at the Tackling Doping in Sport conference:

"Sponsorship uncertainty can cause desperation."

"When I was riding it was socially acceptable to dope - it was a a laughing matter."

and a shoutout to the haters: "Thank you for all the positive feedback and comments on my presentation today. I owe a lot of that insight to my fiercest critics"

This conversation about the acceptance of doping is moot, if the possibility of getting away with it is still there. Riders aren't in the peloton to make friends and be accepted. Whether the culture has changed or not doesn't matter, because the doping sure hasn't.

More BS from JV.

Where is it socially unacceptable among the peloton to dope? Contador shunned by all the other riders? Hesjedal, Dekker, Horner, Pozzatto, Piti, Scheleck, etc all these riders are socially unaccepted by the rest?

JV keeps going on about it being cleaner, Porte didn't get the memo? UCI stopped using Cologne lab as it was to good at catching doping.

JV a doper who never served his ban buying Porches now and drink fine wines. Its good to dope.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
from the its_cleanuptime twitter account neineinei just posted:

"Mike has some old emails between him and JV, where JV explains to him exactly how to gear up. #thismuchpower"

ouch, especially if that was during Creed's Garmin years...

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
sniper said:

"Mike has some old emails between him and JV, where JV explains to him exactly how to gear up. #thismuchpower"

I have dedicated my life to antidoping scandal.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
john ‏@its_cleanuptime 18h18 hours ago

There more to it. Mike has some old emails between him and JV, where JV explains to him exactly how to gear up. #thismuchpower
7 retweets 0 favorites
mike ‏@veloclinic 9h9 hours ago

@its_cleanuptime have you asked/confronted @Vaughters directly ?
0 retweets 1 favorite
john ‏@its_cleanuptime 9h9 hours ago

@veloclinic No man, what do you think he'd say anyway.
0 retweets 0 favorites
mike ‏@veloclinic 9h9 hours ago

@its_cleanuptime he told me about how Allen lim was a dope courier for Floyd Landis and how Lance arranged a bad bag for Floyd
3 retweets 1 favorite
john ‏@its_cleanuptime 9h9 hours ago

@veloclinic ***.... big one. Thanks bro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:

did Creed ever go on Garmin? Coulda been on TIAA-CRef, or TIAA-Creff the American domestic/UCI div3 espoir development team

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
blackcat said:
sniper said:

did Creed ever go on Garmin? Coulda been on TIAA-CRef, or TIAA-Creff the American domestic/UCI div3 espoir development team

Makes it worse, given their alleged reson detre at the time.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
sniper said:

I have dedicated my life to antidoping scandal.

doug ellis just suggested a tilt in July? #myarse

TRENDING THREADS