• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

mewmewmew13 said:
sniper said:
Digger said:
Race radio is wrong
RR made two assertions I think.
1. John-itscleanuptime is Phil Z.
2. the screenshots are from Lance's mobile phone (suggesting Lance is behind all this)
Are both assertions wrong?
It seems that those are screenshots from Lance's phone..were known several months ago..several people claimed this..
thanks for clarifying, mewmewmew, it's hard to keep up with who, what & why here.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
good link summarizing UCI's complicity in doping practices.
http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=5071
also discusses how Jaksche went to try and talk with Anne Gripper and Pat McQuaid about his doping, but they weren't interested. He didn't get a sentence reduction, nothing, nada.
Seeing how Gripper is/was Vaughters' favorite, and how Vaughters has been throwing mud at Jaksche (including in this thread but also on twitter)...the conclusion is simple: Jaksche was blacklisted for the wrong reasons, yet Vaughters chose to support UCI's omerta stance.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
from 1999:
Cycling's governing body announced Tuesday that 16 cyclists have been certified to race with a hematocrit level that exceeds the 50 percent limit.
The International Cycling Union noted that 3 percent of the global population has a hematocrit level higher than 50 percent.

It wasn't clear how many, if any, of the riders issued those certificates are racing in this year's tour. U.S. racer Jonathan Vaughters has one, but he was injured in Monday's crash and forced to abandon the race. http://www.bikecal.com/tdf99/s4.htm
it would be good if vaughters c/would post the results of those bloodtests that allegedly put his hematocrit at 54, just so we can leave those accusations from John_itscleanuptime behind us once and for all and move on and have more trust in Garmin (past+present). Who wouldn't want that?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
more details, from 2005:
Still, it was Vaughters himself who received a fright at the pre-Tour medical tests, as his hematocrit posted a 51 percent reading, above the UCI's limit of 50 percent, but still under his special dispensation of 52 percent. (Frequent testing had shown that Vaughters - like many good climbers - have naturally high hematocrit levels and they are granted dispensation from doctors.)

"I'd never tested (at a race) above 50 percent, except before the start of the '99 Tour," he said. "I told the team doctor 'don't worry, I've got a certificate, I've got a hall-pass for this'," he recalled. "But the doctor said it wasn't me they were worried about, it was that the whole team was very close (to the 50 percent limit)."

But that year, it is now widely accepted even by the UCI, according to Vaughters, that its testing apparatus was calibrated somewhat high. He said this is not that uncommon, given that the machines are carried from race-to-race, through baggage handling and screening, and while efforts are made to ensure they are accurately calibrated, "there is some slop room" for variations.

But as far as Vaughters could see in the USPS team, "there was no first-hand evidence of anything (doping-related). I didn't see any evidence of EPO or anything like that. But that said, I wasn't there for the second and third weeks of the Tour," he said. (US Postal lost Jonathan Vaughters after he was caught up in the second fall over the Gois on stage 2. He was part of Armstrong's plan for the mountains.) http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/no- ... -at-postal
all those lies to cover up doping, yet we're supposed to believe him on the hematocrit claim?
btw, didn't JV claim his natural hematocrit to be at 48 somewhere (it's referred to here: http://www.outsideonline.com/1903606/un ... ying-field)
Come on JV, put an end to speculations.
@chewbaccad, still think his hematocrit is "documented"?

Funny how RR smeared one former liar (Phil Z.) in defense of another (JV).
What's RR's logic behind that? The only thing I can think of is one is still going strong in cycling, the other is banned for life.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

blackcat said:
M Sport said:
hrotha said:
But who is John? He's followed by some important people, including some who would presumably know if he's legit, but still.

It will be legit. In most other walks of life you would say you could not make the this *** up, in pro-cycling it's to be expected. What's Mike saying about it all?

which also means its quite possible and credulous as it is made up.
Where you getting your info from bckct?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

mewmewmew13 said:
sniper said:
Digger said:
Race radio is wrong
RR made two assertions I think.
1. John-itscleanuptime is Phil Z.
2. the screenshots are from Lance's mobile phone (suggesting Lance is behind all this)
Are both assertions wrong?
It seems that those are screenshots from Lance's phone..were known several months ago..several people claimed this..
How did yall get the dudes phone pics? Dam that Race Radio is good.

Man, Cannondale-Garmin look so out of their depth this year. Barely any results to speak of. I wonder if it's because they are so young and inexperienced or because they are fighting an uphill battle even when they are going down hill.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
more details, from 2005:
Still, it was Vaughters himself who received a fright at the pre-Tour medical tests, as his hematocrit posted a 51 percent reading, above the UCI's limit of 50 percent, but still under his special dispensation of 52 percent. (Frequent testing had shown that Vaughters - like many good climbers - have naturally high hematocrit levels and they are granted dispensation from doctors.)

"I'd never tested (at a race) above 50 percent, except before the start of the '99 Tour," he said. "I told the team doctor 'don't worry, I've got a certificate, I've got a hall-pass for this'," he recalled. "But the doctor said it wasn't me they were worried about, it was that the whole team was very close (to the 50 percent limit)."

But that year, it is now widely accepted even by the UCI, according to Vaughters, that its testing apparatus was calibrated somewhat high. He said this is not that uncommon, given that the machines are carried from race-to-race, through baggage handling and screening, and while efforts are made to ensure they are accurately calibrated, "there is some slop room" for variations.

But as far as Vaughters could see in the USPS team, "there was no first-hand evidence of anything (doping-related). I didn't see any evidence of EPO or anything like that. But that said, I wasn't there for the second and third weeks of the Tour," he said. (US Postal lost Jonathan Vaughters after he was caught up in the second fall over the Gois on stage 2. He was part of Armstrong's plan for the mountains.) http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/no- ... -at-postal
all those lies to cover up doping, yet we're supposed to believe him on the hematocrit claim?
btw, didn't JV claim his natural hematocrit to be at 48 somewhere (it's referred to here: http://www.outsideonline.com/1903606/un ... ying-field)
Come on JV, put an end to speculations.
@chewbaccad, still think his hematocrit is "documented"?

Funny how RR smeared one former liar (Phil Z.) in defense of another (JV).
What's RR's logic behind that? The only thing I can think of is one is still going strong in cycling, the other is banned for life.

say this in a maxwell smart voice "the ol' machine calibration error". aka MCE
according to Vaughters, that its testing apparatus was calibrated somewhat high. He said this is not that uncommon

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Limited something or other - see Blackcats posts. Limited hangout or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

A limited hangout, or partial hangout, is a public relations or propaganda technique that involves the release of previously hidden information in order to prevent a greater exposure of more important details.

It takes the form of deception, misdirection, or coverup often associated with intelligence agencies involving a release or "mea culpa" type of confession of only part of a set of previously hidden sensitive information, that establishes credibility for the one releasing the information who by the very act of confession appears to be "coming clean" and acting with integrity; but in actuality, by withholding key facts, is protecting a deeper operation and those who could be exposed if the whole truth came out.[citation needed] In effect, if an array of offenses or misdeeds is suspected, this confession admits to a lesser offense while covering up the greater ones.

A limited hangout typically is a response to lower the pressure felt from inquisitive investigators pursuing clues that threaten to expose everything, and the disclosure is often combined with red herrings or propaganda elements that lead to false trails, distractions, or ideological disinformation; thus allowing covert or criminal elements to continue in their improper activities.

Victor Marchetti wrote: "A 'limited hangout' is spy jargon for a favorite and frequently used gimmick of the clandestine professionals. When their veil of secrecy is shredded and they can no longer rely on a phony cover story to misinform the public, they resort to admitting—sometimes even volunteering—some of the truth while still managing to withhold the key and damaging facts in the case. The public, however, is usually so intrigued by the new information that it never thinks to pursue the matter further.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey Vaughters why are you wasting time talking about a franchise system for cycling when the biggest problem is the doping?

Strongest team at the Giro today? Astana, those guys who might have had their licence revoked due to systematic doping on the team, well looks like they really learned their lesson!!!

So start the pressure for proper bans, proper testing, proper funding, proper independence before thinking about franchising the sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Vuaghters absolutely stoked about his win today at Giro, but ignoring the obvious Ferrari fueled Astana team!!! Dedicated to anti doping, sure, keep selling snake oil JV, sometimes it comes in bottles that look like wine......................dark era back in full operational mode!!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Formolo who roomed with Ivan basso for a year. Hmmm what did he learn...............

Elisa
ElisaBasso,silicone front end, botox lips, ready for a John Waters feature film calledAttack! of the Silly Cones.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Formolo who roomed with Ivan basso for a year. Hmmm what did he learn...............
sure, but basso doesn't dope anymore.
if he did, he'd be ousted by the peloton.
and, i mean, hesjedal was able to stop doping on his own accord, so why wouldn't basso.
hesjedal showed that you can only get stronger when you stop doping.

formolo believes in basso.
“He never wanted to talk about the bad moments,” Formolo said. “I can imagine he felt at those times and I don’t want to go through the same thing. It was clearly a hard time that marked his life but he managed to react and come back to show that his strength was in his legs.

“Having him as a teammate was like a dream and he was so supportive too. I was very cautious around him at the first training camp because he was always my hero. But we got close and we even became room-mates when we raced together. He’s an important person for me.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/formolo-when-people-have-faith-in-you-it-gives-you-an-extra-gear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dan Martin @DanMartin86 · May 12
Immense ride @davideformolo and well deserved stage win. Hardwork and determination pays off.

Hardwork and determination and rooming with Dopers like Basso, training on Teide pays off, i think is what Dan wanted to say......

I mean not everyone in the giro knows about hardwork and determination, they dont teach that at junior level anymore..........need someone like Basso to instruct you...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jonathan Vaughters @Vaughters · May 27
Try this one on: w 6 rider teams - are able to participate in more races, globally. instead of reducing costs, u increase value for sponsor

Hay JV how about getting rid of the doping and doping enablers and former dopers so when a sponsor puts money into the sport they dont get shat on???

All this talk of 'fixing' the sport for the sponsors but not fixing the cheating......that is really gonna work.

Congrats on Ryder in the 3rd week of a GT catching Contador on a climb. Clean riding at its best. :rolleyes:

Doping never went away.

TRENDING THREADS