• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 322 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not to pick nits, but Contador more than likely backed off a little and waited for Ryder to bridge up so they could ride to the line together.
Contador looked back several times before Ryder finally caught up as if to say, "What the hell is taking you so long?"
Anyhow, carry on.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm just glad that everyone got JV's memo in 2006 and stopped doping. If it wasn't for JV this Giro would've been totally ridiculous. He should get some sort of Nobel Prize, after all he totally saved Cycling and the lives of many cyclists and put an end to those making $$$$$$ from selling drugs. #HERO

Re:

the delgados said:
Not to pick nits, but Contador more than likely backed off a little and waited for Ryder to bridge up so they could ride to the line together.
Contador looked back several times before Ryder finally caught up as if to say, "What the hell is taking you so long?"
Anyhow, carry on.

And Ryder attacked while Astana was regrouping....then they never went that fast. Gave up on Contador to keep 2 and 3rd. Which is prob the smart call. Aru is not improving.

Re:

the delgados said:
Also, totally off topic, but I got a kick out of watching Ryder implore the Maglia Rosa to pull through.
What made Ryder think Contador was going to bust his ass on his behalf was beyond me. At least Contadope was gracious enough to humour the guy and take some pulls.

The right move by both. Ryder had more to gain. Contador should work, but play cute to see what he can get out of the 2 G-C guys.

I dunno--maybe JV can speak about why Hesjedal is burning all his matches to move from GC 10 to 8 when he could save himself for a glorious stage win in the mountains.
Granted, he got a lot of tv time trying to make the race leader seem like some two-bit punk, but it seems to me he should have sat back in the Aru group and plot a stage win for tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

the delgados said:
Also, totally off topic, but I got a kick out of watching Ryder implore the Maglia Rosa to pull through.
What made Ryder think Contador was going to bust his ass on his behalf was beyond me. At least Contadope was gracious enough to humour the guy and take some pulls.
mebbe a reacharound at a minimum. not a proper pull.

Re: Re:

blackcat said:
the delgados said:
mebbe a reacharound at a minimum. not a proper pull.

Ha! You are good for at least one laugh per day. It is very much appreciated.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

the delgados said:
I dunno--maybe JV can speak about why Hesjedal is burning all his matches to move from GC 10 to 8 when he could save himself for a glorious stage win in the mountains.
Granted, he got a lot of tv time trying to make the race leader seem like some two-bit punk, but it seems to me he should have sat back in the Aru group and plot a stage win for tomorrow.

depends when they pull out the x-ray machines for the motors. JV might have them delaying bringing them out because the x0rays are suffering from some of that dastardly machine calibration error, the acronym MCE or the technical instrument haywire. could be, you never know

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

the delgados said:

He was behind him listening to the wrrrrr of the 150 watt bottom bracket shell.

Benotti69 said:
Dan Martin @DanMartin86 · May 12
Immense ride @davideformolo and well deserved stage win. Hardwork and determination pays off.

Hardwork and determination and rooming with Dopers like Basso, training on Teide pays off, i think is what Dan wanted to say......

I mean not everyone in the giro knows about hardwork and determination, they dont teach that at junior level anymore..........need someone like Basso to instruct you...

How ridiculous will be to read this non sense posts in 2050. For me is totally ridiculous now, but not for some people that write here.

But if you want to be ridiculous, go on. it is not funny, but in some way I smile becouse time put always the truth in perspective.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
Taxus4a said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
Impressive from Ryder today, shows what can be achieved clean.

All of the riders of the Giro shows what can achieved clean nowadays, and will be more in the future.
Far from the past, but anyway good performances.

Troll is so obvious.

Give a prof that to say today all the riders of the Giro are clean is trolling, just one and wait for my answer.
I think you are trolling following always this sport in the same way, didnt change form the past, when the evidences of the change are so obvious, that is trolling.
Maybe is not trolling, is just an illness. I am sorry for you, I hope to get better. Best wishes.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Bernie's eyesore said:
Impressive from Ryder today, shows what can be achieved clean.
unless you have evidence that there are no long-term effects of blooddoping, i'm not sure how you want to take Ryder as an example of what can be achieved clean.
that's regardless of whether he's doping today.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Jonathan Vaughters @Vaughters · May 27
Try this one on: w 6 rider teams - are able to participate in more races, globally. instead of reducing costs, u increase value for sponsor

Hay JV how about getting rid of the doping and doping enablers and former dopers so when a sponsor puts money into the sport they dont get shat on???

All this talk of 'fixing' the sport for the sponsors but not fixing the cheating......that is really gonna work.

Congrats on Ryder in the 3rd week of a GT catching Contador on a climb. Clean riding at its best. :rolleyes:

Doping never went away.
good spot. the hypocrisy is epic.
Vaughters pretending to be some major clean cycling reformer will go down in the history books as one of the most blatant lies ever sold to the public.
Not sure why there aren't more people in the Clinic holding him to account for his pro-active lying (amongst others here on this very forum), demonstrable lies about clean cycling, the passport, calibration errors, not to mention his covering for Sky.
The whole "new clean generation" and "now you can win clean" talk owes its momentum to JV.

He played it well though. Coming in here was a smart move, caused several long-term posters to give him the benefit of the doubt, and the press was all like "wow, he's engaging with the fans on an internet doping forum".

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Try this one on: w 6 rider teams - are able to participate in more races, globally. instead of reducing costs, u increase value for sponsor

Hay JV how about getting rid of the doping and doping enablers and former dopers so when a sponsor puts money into the sport they dont get shat on???

All this talk of 'fixing' the sport for the sponsors but not fixing the cheating......that is really gonna work.

Congrats on Ryder in the 3rd week of a GT catching Contador on a climb. Clean riding at its best. :rolleyes:

Doping never went away.
Vaughters pretending to be some major clean cycling reformer will go down in the history books as one of the most blatant lies ever sold to the public.
Not sure why there aren't more people in the Clinic holding him to account for his pro-active lying (amongst others here on this very forum), demonstrable lies about clean cycling, the passport, calibration errors, not to mention his covering for Sky.
The whole "new clean generation" and "now you can win clean" talk owes its momentum to JV.

He played it well though. Coming in here was a smart move, caused several long-term posters to give him the benefit of the doubt, and the press was all like "wow, he's engaging with the fans on an internet doping forum".

Rider is an endurance rider, an amazing rider, and of course is a better rider for a 3rd week than Contador, specially in stages as today, long. And we will see how Hesjedal still treat the podium. I predicted that before this Giro in this forum,a s the same way i said hesjedal could won the Giro the year he won in an spanish forum.

You can think what you want, I want to tell the truth.

In the year previous to his Giro win, he was one of the best at the end of the Tour, he was just behind Contador, andy and Purito on Tourmalet stage, the only one for endurance riders of that Tour, the last one, with some climbs, quite long and a hard and long finish. He was very strong as well in the cobblestone stage. But that was in the transitional era, and Contador and Andy werent totally clean riders. Contador was ban for that Tour positive.

One year later he managed to win the Giro. They dont put time on him as Astana did this year the first week, they forgive him, and at the end he was one of the best on the mountains, and he had the ITT, where is is better than Purito.

He is not a very strong rider with hot, he isbetter with rain and cold...that was bad for him in some races, but when he has been good, he has show his strenth and his endurace in the clean era. He was key rider in the victories of Dan Martin in la Volta and Lieje, more than key, half the victory is for him. He crashed last Vuelta, but he managed to win in la Camperona, and he was almost with Quintana in the Giro in the best stage of the colombian last year. and quintana is a better climber than Contador, he wanst at his best 2014 Tirreno, but this year he beat Contador (none at his best).

You can go on with your logics of the past, but reallity is another one. and it is not only that reallity make sense, it is that your logics has no sense when you look at Mortirolo times records climbing, or when you look at Heutacam, Alp d huez.. you can live in the fantasy Pantani was a super rider, and for that his times are much better... or you can assume reality, although would be less funny for you, of course.

I think that is useless to be here trying to argue with some of you, and I think that JV or any other people that know well how is today cycling are going to lose his time in that, but, as I thought as you in the past, maybe is not ueless for everybody, and I have enought time to writte.

As Landa is not allowed to attack, O hope today Hesjedal put 5 minutes on Contador and get close to the podium.
amd that would be a proof of cleanliness, of course. (not with your logic, that is wrong from the begining)

Re:

sniper said:
i'm afraid it's pretty telling that the only support for JV and Hesjedal these days comes from Taxus4a.

As I said, nobody that know how cycling is now are goig to came here to write...

But your argument, it is so poor...

How many people are here telling lies and living in his own created worl thinking in the past of cycling? 20??

Even if that people were the 99 % of the cycling fans,that couldnt change the reality.

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:

Doping never went away.

I always had the impression that JV's clean cycling project was meant to outsmart Armstrong, a guy who he clearly does not like.
He did everything to break omerta short of stating outright that he and Armstrong were doping, including saying his new clean team didn't have to win as long as they were clean. We all know how long that proclamation lasted.
That said, I think it's unfair to place the blame on today's antics on JV's shoulders. I would be shocked if he was part of some systemic team-wide doping project.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the delgados said:
sniper said:
Benotti69 said:

Doping never went away.

I always had the impression that JV's clean cycling project was meant to outsmart Armstrong, a guy who he clearly does not like.
He did everything to break omerta short of stating outright that he and Armstrong were doping, including saying his new clean team didn't have to win as long as they were clean. We all know how long that proclamation lasted.
That said, I think it's unfair to place the blame on today's antics on JV's shoulders. I would be shocked if he was part of some systemic team-wide doping project.
1. why would you be shocked if you haven't been living in a cave for the past 20 years.
2. 'some systematic team-wide doping project'? Don't overstate things, it's nothing spectacular. Managing a team in JV's case is about making sure nobody trips the wire. You doubt he's involved in that? lol. He basically invented internal testing. Has been closely involved in the development of the passport, known to spend big parts of the team budget on medical science in cycling.
3. have you read the thread? If you have, you wouldn't be shocked to hear JV is an enabler. Tell me what you think Vaughters was thinking when he hired Johnny Weltz, Alan Lim, Matt White, Hesjedal? "Gonna run a clean team and hire as much ex-USPS-ers as possible".
4. reading the thread, you will also come across the topic of calibration errors, including demonstrable lies from JV on the issue. To summarize that issue: you gotta be pretty gullible to believe USPS 1999, Wiggins 2009 and Hesjedal 2012 all suffered calibration errors while performing like they had never done before in their carreers.

sniper:
My apologies; I didn't make myself clear in the previous post.
I have no doubt that JV is aware of doping in the peloton. The point I was trying to make is I think that perhaps JV's clean cycling project was meant in part to out Armstrong. I think you'll agree that he did a good job of doing so. I have a hard time believing that JV is overseeing a team-wide project, but i could be wrong.
Cycling has been corrupt since its inception, and I don't think it will ever change. I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the sport feels the same. Again, the point I was trying to make is I think JV's project is and was a part of a game. That's all.

Benotti69 said:

Doping never went away.

Oh, man is jv towing the UCI party line. Apparently, Och did the same kind of thing a couple of days ago. Apparently, they are the only ones reading the documents the UCI posts on the internet.

I love the ryder story. Dude just stormed into 5th. Cleans of course.

TRENDING THREADS