• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

sniper said:
no pawn intended.
was just a reminder of some of JV's hypocrisy, irrespective of that latest press release.
that said, JV dedicates his life to antidoping, so seems warranted to analyse his words from that angle.

It bogs down and diverts relevant discussion on other subjects. The link to the article probably shouldn't have been in the clinic. But, it's the same argument in MLB where there is no revenue sharing and salary cap.

Edit - wasn't 100% sure on revenue sharing after I posted so I looked it up. Yes, there is in MLB. All teams pay in a certain % of their local revenue into a pot split evenly.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
that's a fair point.

---
What about this: Why wouldnt JV urge Inigo San Millan to release some of those testing data he's allegedly sitting on, showing the natural talents of the likes of Danielson and others.
Froome has set the tone, time for others to follow suit.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Spawn of e said:
sniper said:
that's a fair point.

---
What about this: Why wouldnt JV urge Inigo San Millan to release some of those testing data he's allegedly sitting on, showing the natural talents of the likes of Danielson and others.
Froome has set the tone, time for others to follow suit.

What does that have to do with it? He didn't say AC should or should not be paid because he is clean or dirty. If you could snap your fingers and make PEDs disappear completely, this would still be an issue.

And, Froome has set the tone? What tone is that, the masochistic kind of tone? Post test results and then you get to listen to a bunch of yahoos pour over 8 year old pictures with magnifying glasses, spout conspiracy because of different photos showing shorts and bibs, whine about different photos showing one or two HR monitors, spout conspiracy about sodium patches, disect x degrees of separation of who knows who or who has worked with or near whom?

Posters her have done nothing but rip it to shreds ever since the partial results were published. I don't have a finger on the pulse of sport fans in general, but if I was in his shoes and wanted to post my results but felt the majority was like the clinic I would tell you to take your want for testing and stick it up your ass.

I would not even do it to begin with. What benefit is it of him or anybody to do something that is not formally required by all, in a controlled independent environment? He is just opening himself up to unnecessary scrutiny and criticism, alot of it just BS but gets out in public because of things like this forum or twitter that didn't exist years ago. He's an idiot for doing the testing.
I agree on the idiot part.

interesting comments on Rolland in JV's letter on the Cannondale site...
http://slipstreamsports.com/2016.html

Rolland is a greatly underestimated talent in the world of cycling. Revamping his training, aerodynamics, and focus has been a pleasure. The improvements made have been enormous, almost as if he was a first year professional learning about a whole new world. His open and fun attitude has been a great addition. I am certain Pierre will make our fans happy in the 2016 Tour de France.

Re:

Archibald said:

His open and fun attitude has been a great addition. I am certain Pierre will make our fans happy in the 2016 Tour de France.

Translation: guy's gonna suck but he'll pull off some epic suicidal solo break where he'll be caught 10k out or he'll crash on stage three and limp through the next four stages always fighting the cut-off.

fmk_RoI said:
Translation: guy's gonna suck but he'll pull off some epic suicidal solo break where he'll be caught 10k out or he'll crash on stage three and limp through the next four stages always fighting the cut-off.
I took it that he was saying Rolland will be far better than before, so watch out - a bit of a swipe at europecar saying they're rubbish at training riders. You know, despite Rolland having 3 top 10 finishes at the Tour, stage wins, white jersey and the remarkable performances from Tommy V

I also wondered at what could make such "enormous" differences through the "revamping"...

Archibald said:
fmk_RoI said:
I took it that he was saying Rolland will be far better than before, so watch out - a bit of a swipe at europecar saying they're rubbish at training riders. You know, despite Rolland having 3 top 10 finishes at the Tour, stage wins, white jersey and the remarkable performances from Tommy V

I also wondered at what could make such "enormous" differences through the "revamping"...
All Cannondale need to do is get Rolland through the first week without losing his usual 8-10 minutes. Then he might be able to use his crazy attacks to actually go for the win, rather than claw back time to only finish top 10 (or top 5 when he did the Giro).

Hopefully they do a better job of placing Rolland and keeping him focused than Europcar did. I'm going to miss the team hijincks he pulled with Gautier, Voeckler and co. though :( Hopefully Clarke is a suitable replacement.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

Archibald said:

Rolland is a greatly underestimated talent in the world of cycling. Revamping his training, aerodynamics, and focus has been a pleasure. The improvements made have been enormous, almost as if he was a first year professional learning about a whole new world. His open and fun attitude has been a great addition. I am certain Pierre will make our fans happy in the 2016 Tour de France.

Jaysus.

Reminds me of the Garmin website where JV's team admin profile boasted of his breakthrough training that allowed him the Ventoux ascent record.

Must be a steady influx of new cycling followers to allow such grandiose merde di torro to survive editing.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
was reading up on the Manning case and this aging clinic sending HGH to his home, and was reminded that William Pettis, ex-USPS doctor, has (or had until recently?) his own dodgy aging clinic in Hawaii, home of Hesjedal.

His personal website is now gone (or at least not working for me). webaddress: http://www.williampettis.com/
On the website it used to say: "Hormone & Blood Component Optimization (Oxygen Transport, Androgen, and Growth Hormone Regulation)".
Here's an earlier post on that: viewtopic.php?p=1547651#p1547651

Pettis is known to have worked with both Hesjedal and Hincapie in the early 2000s, allegedly only for 'recovery'.
http://www.bicyclepaper.com/news/6739-Tyler-Farrar-Tales-from-the-ProTour-Presentation-on-December-16th

I have a 100 dollar bill saying Hesjedal's wife is still on the receiving end of a monthly HgH supply.

More on Pettis:
viewtopic.php?p=1606759#p1606759
viewtopic.php?p=1547626#p1547626

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
was reading up on the Manning case and this aging clinic sending HGH to his home, and was reminded that William Pettis, ex-USPS doctor, has (or had until recently?) his own dodgy aging clinic in Hawaii, home of Hesjedal.

His personal website is now gone (or at least not working for me). webaddress: http://www.williampettis.com/
On the website it used to say: "Hormone & Blood Component Optimization (Oxygen Transport, Androgen, and Growth Hormone Regulation)".

Pettis is known to have worked with both Hesjedal and Hincapie in the early 2000s, allegedly only for 'recovery'.
http://www.bicyclepaper.com/news/6739-Tyler-Farrar-Tales-from-the-ProTour-Presentation-on-December-16th

I have a 100 dollar bill saying Hesjedal's wife is still on the receiving end of a monthly HgH supply.

More on Pettis:
hhehehehe

hessie
hezzie
hesjedal
perfect rider for garmin
he is still garmin right?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

blackcat said:
sniper said:

More on Pettis:
hhehehehe

hessie
hezzie
hesjedal
perfect rider for garmin
he is still garmin right?

Nope, joined trek-coffee.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The silence from Vaughters, a man who has dedicated his life to anti-doping, on his team rider, Tom Danielson's positive is deafening.

I see Garmin dropped Vaughters. Ouch!

JV's website has a letter to "the people who support us", selling more snakeoil.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cannondale manager Jonathan Vaughters has made statements about obsolete training methods that date back to "1975" and which have hampered the progress of his new signing Pierre Rolland. The response from his former manager at Europcar (now Direct Energie) Jean-Rene Bernaudeau who had Rolland in his team from 2009, was quick.

Clearly frustrated by the criticism, Bernaudeau responded with irony.

"It's great, I'm very happy for Pierre who probably is going to win the Tour de France this year," he told Sud-Ouest. Southwest. He also refers to Vaughters as belonging to the group of "people who know everything better than others".

Bernaudeau also denies any personal responsbility, claiming that Rolland was "working with Jean-Philippe Robert, his personal trainer who was paid by the rider."

Bernaudeau should get a bottle of JV's snakeoil....apparently the younger the vintage the better.

http://cyclingquotes.com/news/rollands_former_manager_reacts_to_vaughters_statements/#LKPjfiOiBlW0hJb8.99

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Bang on the money from Bernaudau.

Even JV's "dedicate my life to ... aggravating people with no sense of humor" sounds alot like "I decide what humor is and who has it and who not".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I love JV's elan, he has such an aesthetic sensibility, a little like David Millar's ability to work out stylish helmets from Giro. They are the ultimate athletic aesthetics the have created a neologism of their own making for their connoisseurship, for their brio and elan. they are aesthetes

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Mind you, JV was adamant another rider on his team was going to lose muscle and fat and increase absolute power but it did not eventuate.

I'd suggest waiting till the pudding is served before believing his tales of deliciousness.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
It's all fun and games in Colorado.

https://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/694698223919697920
@vaughters
Feeling old reading all this news "Darned kids! Back in my day we didn't steal parakeets to buy bike motors! We cheated the old fashioned way!"

Funny guy. Not long ago the very notion of motorized bikes was openly mocked.

Of course "the old fashion way" of cheating was to use the best and most effective methods of the time, while doing everything you could to avoid detection. Good thing that no longer happens.

Stealing small pets.
Cheating in cycling.
Interesting combination of behaviors.

TRENDING THREADS