• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kennaugh

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Hayabusa said:
glassmoon said:
did some of the posts just disappear? or got deleted? including the one just informing about his break from pro cycling?

I believe the moderators deleted them - quite right too.

All the best to Pete and his recovery.
gotta be that. but why also the one which just stated, that he's taking a break? weird.
EDIT: maybe the "announcement" post also contained something inappropriate so it got rightfully deleted...

Peter has decided to take a break from professional cycling. His statement on instagram Can be read here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv3cWL1FCzk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mod hat on:

Hi all. Yes, some posts have been removed and a user suspended. I removed the post that led to the suspension and posts that quoted it. I haven't removed anything else. There wasn't an "announcement" post among them, I've just double-checked.

A general warning. We take a hard line when people belittle riders or celebrate when they suffer physical injury. We see this as being no different and will take the same action.

As a poster I hope Peter gets the same level of support that he would if this were a physical injury and we see him back racing bikes if and when he is ready to be. If not I hope he's back healthy and doing something he loves soon.