• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kittel passes lie detector test, looks like he's clean!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
oldcrank said:
I really like Kittel, he's not afraid to speak his mind about
getting rid of the scum that is infecting pro cycling. He is
part of the new generation and not beholden to the Omerta.

Sure, then why has he not called out the big name like Contador? Why does he pick on the small guys who have no power in the sport. Either Kittel calls out everyone he thinks or shuts up. Sayer in Turkey, Froome on Ax-3 what's the difference?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
What kind of logic is yours?

Whether he can beat a lie detector is another topic but he is, at least, being consistent.
How is he being consistent? As benotti just said, Sayer in Turkey, Froome on Ax-3 what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Sure, then why has he not called out the big name like Contador? Why does he pick on the small guys who have no power in the sport. Either Kittel calls out everyone he thinks or shuts up. Sayer in Turkey, Froome on Ax-3 what's the difference?

He criticised Contador, Valverde, Sanchez and Indurain for their comments in reaction to Lance/USADA. How can you ignore that?

I don't how many times this needs to be said. A number of differences between Froome and Sayar. Torku aren't in the passport, did Sky have a positive when Wiggins won the Tour like Grabovsky in Turkey the previous year?, plus needle marks were spotted on his arms which brought suspicion on him.

I like Kittel and hope he continues to carry himself the way he doing now for the remainder of his career. I'd like to see more with his attitude.

Criticising someone for the sake of it is what I see here once again.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
He criticised Contador, Valverde, Sanchez and Indurain for their comments in reaction to Lance/USADA. How can you ignore that?

Would like to see that comment/s.

gooner said:
I don't how many times this needs to be said. A number of differences between Froome and Sayar. Torku aren't in the passport, did Sky have a positive when Wiggins won the Tour like Grabovsky in Turkey the previous year?, plus needle marks were spotted on his arms which brought suspicion on him.

Froome from grabbing motorbikes to podium, nothing to see for Kittel?

gooner said:
I like Kittel and hope he continues to carry himself the way he doing now for the remainder of his career. I'd like to see more with his attitude.

Criticising someone for the sake of it is what I see here once again.

I am all for riders calling out doping when they see it, but did Kittel not try a method of blood irradiation to gain an advantage?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
oldcrank said:
He did call out the low-life scum Contador and
that is what I was applauding him for. Most of
the new generation would like to see trash like
Contador gone, but Kittel is one of the few that
have the guts to say so.

i bet you were crying yourself to sleep after Kimmage questioned Brailsford on EBH though. :rolleyes:

anyway, mods?

I don't believe that lie detector tests are at all reliable, so I don't think that the result proves anything much. I do however appreciate the willingness of a rider who isn't in the firing line (ie facing an investigation or responding to a test) to risk one just to back his claim that he's clean.

So chapeau Marcel.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
You can see here.

Just one correction, he didn't mention Valverde but did criticise Contador, Sanchez and Indurain.

Cheers, wonder how he could forget Valverde? ah well will forgive that miss after naming the other 3.

Benotti69 said:
Cheers, wonder how he could forget Valverde? ah well will forgive that miss after naming the other 3.

So does this mean that you no longer think he's inconsistent, and that you no longer think he just puts the boot into the little guys?

Contador, Armstrong, Sanchez, Indurain in one tweet, and Vino and Astana in an interview, surely represents criticism of the upper echelons of the sport if anything does.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
So does this mean that you no longer think he's inconsistent, and that you no longer think he just puts the boot into the little guys?

Contador, Armstrong, Sanchez, Indurain in one tweet, and Vino and Astana in an interview, surely represents criticism of the upper echelons of the sport if anything does.

I am happy he called out some big names.

But i am not happy that he was manipulating his blood to gain advantage.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
I don't believe that lie detector tests are at all reliable, so I don't think that the result proves anything much. I do however appreciate the willingness of a rider who isn't in the firing line (ie facing an investigation or responding to a test) to risk one just to back his claim that he's clean.

So chapeau Marcel.

Pretty much nailed my sentiments on the matter.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It's brought the lot out. Betablockers, clenching, the shape of his brow clearly suggesting drug abuse. Make any wonder Sky don't release the data to the public when you've got "experts" like there are on here :). 9/11 was an inside job, right? :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
It's brought the lot out. Betablockers, clenching, the shape of his brow clearly suggesting drug abuse. Make any wonder Sky don't release the data to the public when you've got "experts" like there are on here :). 9/11 was an inside job, right? :)
that is just fanciful samerics. ask king boonen for the straight dope. sorry, wrong choice of words. ask king boonen for the down low. this is just phrenology BS

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:

Or to flip it -
Its amazing that Sky dont release their information to the millions of people who would appreciate it, including Scientists, physiologists, journalists etc by hiding behind the interpretations of less than 10 stupid people.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Scatto said:
Is this the clinic or the cynic?

At least he speaks out against doping.

In an annoyingly gratuite way.
sayer bad, froome good.
contador bad, wiggins good.
His pro anglosaxon bias ressmbles phat's

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Avoriaz said:
You know, there just may be a reason for that.

Two of the above are proven cheats, two aren't. Nothing to do with pro-anglo saxon bias

When Kittel had a go at Sayer he wasn't a proven cheat, but Kittel was doing what lots in the clinic do, called out an unbelievable performance.

Kittel was right about Sayer just like the clinic has a high rate of success. But it aint hard really, like shooting fish in a barrel.

TRENDING THREADS