• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Klöden

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kurtinsc said:
You don't understand. I believe every cyclist who acomplishes anything of note in a major event is a doper.

I'm saying what Kloden is doing isn't extraordinary as some seem to suggest. Pretty much everyone holds on until somewhere between 33 and 38... when declines hit. I don't think the ones that start failing at 33 are cleaner then the ones who start failing at 38. There isn't some magic number where if you are older than that and successful then you're proven to be a doper.

You're winning cycling events against other dopers... that's proof enough. The age of decline is still genetics in my mind... with a slight chance of having "better stuff".

I thought Kloden had started to decline last year. It appears not... but I don't think he upped his doping regimine this year or took last year off the juice... he just had a bad year on the same level of stuff he has been taking.

My point is access to better/more stuff helps to arrest the decline at which dopers on the normal mix would decline. The guys you cited are serious dopers as opposed to your normal peloton doper.

Hrotha - DM as with most things - is perhaps the exception to the rule.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
A dose of the PDMs.

'Stomach trouble'. It looks like the mix is good but it can have some side effects. Whether he's ended up constipated like LL I've no idea, but it wouldn't be the first time Kloden's been full of ****.

Sorry, dude, just tell me what you are on ?
You have no idea, we know. Not the slightest idea, cause your thoughts seem to be full of ****.
If you need some mental support, just notify us.
I hope it's ok for you when Andreas is healthy again soon. Take it easy.

Höhöhöhö
ma2db.jpg

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Von Mises said:
Zoetemelk won world championship at age 38 and AGR at age 40. Won tour and Giro at age 34, came 2nd at age 36.
And there have been others who have won GTs at age 34-35 (Gimondi, Magni for instance). Of course, Zoetemelk was doper too, but I doubt it was doping what made his career longer.

Though, I think that there is little doubt about Kloden as doper, age factor alone is not enough. There are other reasons (or additional reasons besides doping) why nowadays careers are longer, money is the first one.

The primary reason imo is that really good riders aren't forced to ride every two-bit event their DS can weasel an appearance fee from. They have time to better prepare for targeted events and more time to recover. In Olden Times the recovery method was kitchen-sink steroids and amphetemines which will kill a career in short order. The general preparation and thought process is the most professional part of the sport for really good riders. You can see it in the relative cost to invest in a good Doctor.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
A dose of the PDMs.

'Stomach trouble'. It looks like the mix is good but it can have some side effects. Whether he's ended up constipated like LL I've no idea, but it wouldn't be the first time Kloden's been full of ****.

I thought he might have suddenly decided he didn't want to be in Italy anymore with all the movements of NAS and the Guardia di Finanzia. So he might have literally shít himself :D

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
When i spoke with Klody at the podium on tuesday he looked good and then on Wednesday morning he was looking a little off .
As mentioned in "tourdafarce" there was an effort by the "speaker" to have the italian declared as winner thus uncertainty for a few minutes ! As to who the "speaker", Bruno (an Italian !) is to decide who wins the day defies logic since the electronic board showed Kloden No 1 on the line and those following were not as quick .
Looking over the shoulder i saw the tape print with Kloden 24.790 and the italian at 25.113 thus both were 25 in round terms and the italian was judged faster at the first time check .

Enough to turn anyone's stomach with the *****ing that would have gone on during the 2nd stage about the ITT !

gregrowlerson said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ucis-suspicious-list-leaked-from-2010-tour-de-france

Couldn't help but notice how Klodi flew under the radar again, escaping any mention in this article (apart from the number 7 at the bottom).

The Freiburg Phantom nickname remains a very apt one. :)

His TdS effort looks mighty suspicious. Great form all year now nothing during withdrawal week. Expect him to smash it come Tour time with the extra 800ml's.

No doubt the UCI will avoid testing him.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
His TdS effort looks mighty suspicious. Great form all year now nothing during withdrawal week. Expect him to smash it come Tour time with the extra 800ml's.

Another win-win situation

Klöden performs good -> wrong and suspicious :mad:
Klöden doesn't perform good (intentionally or not) -> wrong and suspicious :mad:

Thats the way how you successfully build your own world, with help of doublestandards. While it is well known that Klöden is one of the most tested and targeted riders along the season - and nothing came out of it. There shouldn't be much blood and pee left.

Good hog-post again. More suspicious than Klöden anyway.
Why not just say that Klöden is a doper ? Makes more sense.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Since when did the UCI protect german riders?* The way germany hurts the cycling business since 2006/07 the most!

* If they ever had reason to protect a german rider, it was Ullrich, of whom we all know had no lobby at all. And Klöden is a much smaller name...

Found this when following a link on another thread:

@andykloedi
Andreas Klöden jani rapid recovery,take you time with the family. i wish you all the best. health is the most important thing in life. Take care
Interesting advice from someone who has been labeled a "chaudière" by others in the peleton.

(I assume the twit was from Kloden, I have trouble figuring twitter out.)

TRENDING THREADS