• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Klöden

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mrs John Murphy said:
I suspect that it is comedy old skool doping from them, rather than some new magic mix.
Yeah, that's what makes sense since it's a relatively small Italian team and Gianni Savio is in charge, but there's something fishy about a team with the record of doping cases and ridiculous performances of Androni that isn't made to fold or at least get rid of their team manager. They must have some friends at the Italian federation, CONI or higher up. I don't know. The mind boggles.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
1. Lemond wasn't race specific over his career. I used to think the same thing until I ran across some old classics footage with LeMond in the thick of the battle.

2. Kloden clobbered everyone yesterday. It was extraordinary. Is Kloden doping? Dunno. His history suggests he may well be.

3. This "proof" you and others demand in order to maintain the myth request is never well defined. Please specify the kind of proof you want.

If there's new PED's in the peloton, we'll see more breakout performances. I think that's the thing to watch for.

*** edited by mod ***
All I am saying is Horner and Kloeden are pretty darn consistent in their riding. Take this into consideration, with a cleaner peloton some riders like Kloeden, Leipheimer, Roessler, Rast, etc. may shine more brightly.
When I see people write things like trailer trash team, or associate certain riders with Lance it makes me sad, please boys move on, the witch is dead.
Proof of doping is a positive dope test or an annomally in the bio passport. Otherwise, get over it no one really takes bitter angry jealous indivduals seriously , only taken seriously by those few in the same mindset.

veganrob said:
Thanks for mentioning him. His transformation in the last few years of what should be the twilight of a nothing career is ridiculous.

Horner gets an easy ride because I think people want to believe that he hasn't gone over to the dark-side. He used to be quite anti-doping, people also see him as a nice guy (single father) etc etc. He gets cut a lot more slack than a lot of other riders.

But yes, if it was anyone else suddenly getting the results he's getting at pushing 40 then there would be a lot of fingers being pointed.

hrotha said:
Yeah, that's what makes sense since it's a relatively small Italian team and Gianni Savio is in charge, but there's something fishy about a team with the record of doping cases and ridiculous performances of Androni that isn't made to fold or at least get rid of their team manager. They must have some friends at the Italian federation, CONI or higher up. I don't know. The mind boggles.

Well, didn't they change the rules to keep Androni out of this years TDF? Savio is no different to Rihs, Riis, Gianetti, Jim O, Holm (and all the HGH management) etc. The only way you are ever blackballed in the sport is if you get caught big time by the police - ie Roussel and Saiz

Mrs John Murphy said:
Well, didn't they change the rules to keep Androni out of this years TDF? Savio is no different to Rihs, Riis, Gianetti, Jim O, Holm (and all the HGH management) etc. The only way you are ever blackballed in the sport is if you get caught big time by the police - ie Roussel and Saiz
Yeah, but they changed the rules because Androni is a small Italian team and nobody really wanted to see them at the Tour (except for some forumers who didn't stop to think the team would be spent after the Giro and they don't have enough good riders to cover two GTs, let alone three). Regardless, I don't think Savio's clout goes beyond Italy.

Anyway, I hope the carabinieri get on them this year.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
The way races are going this year it suggests that some teams: Cack, Saxo, HGH, Leopard are well ahead of the curve.

Didn't Offredo accusing Kloden of charging?

What lead you to say that Radioshack, SBS, HTC and Leopard are doping more than other teams?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Let's not forget that Kloden is perhaps the last of the GDR era riders riding so I am sure he could tell some tales going back to his very earliest days in the sport.

He makes Ricco seem straight-edge.

It's certainly an interesting career resurrection, and pretty amazing given the teams that he has ridden on that he hasn't been popped yet.

If you are saying that my dream woman Katerina Witt was a doper and yes she also was an Olympian and from the GDR as well as Andreas....why and where do you come from. What you say all olympians from the GDR are dopers.
Katerina Witt, my dream woman sob.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
TheDude said:
Klöden gets my full respect. He is either a superb rider or an expert doper, but either way he is first class.

The two are rarely mutually exclusive. ;)
Don't sell him short though, he very well could be both!

I don't know why, but I've always liked Klöden. I won't defend him for a second but I've always found him to be fascinating.
In so many ways, he is cycling.

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I don't know why, but I've always like Klöden. I won't defend him for a second but I've always found him to be fascinating.
In so many ways, he is cycling.

that comment just shook me. Couldn't have said it better myself, summarizes greatly my intrigue in Klodi all these years. well done!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Strange world this cycling is. Win and your a doper, lose and your clean. Is there any in between winning and being clean, losing and maybe you just got out-doped.

uspostal said:
Strange world this cycling is. Win and your a doper, lose and your clean. Is there any in between winning and being clean, losing and maybe you just got out-doped.
Nope, you don't get it. Winning or losing ultimately has little to do with it, it's all about having lots of previous history, being in one of the wrong teams, and performing above what's usually expected from you for a long while. I bet few people here thought Klödi was clean last year - unless you count those who thought he didn't want to take the risks associated with a deluxe program, what with the federal investigation and most of RS keeping it low profile (and, again, with him already having a contract for this season). Few people would be inclined to believe Popovych is clean (or, at any rate, clean of his own volition). On the other hand, most people are willing to think that, if there's any clean riders out there, Moncoutié has to be one of them, and he gets very nice results and some important wins.

flicker said:
If you are saying that my dream woman Katerina Witt was a doper and yes she also was an Olympian and from the GDR as well as Andreas....why and where do you come from. What you say all olympians from the GDR are dopers.
Katerina Witt, my dream woman sob.

She was on Stade 2 a few weeks ago to promote the German bid for the winter olympics. Her arguments were less than convincing, but she still looks great.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
She was on Stade 2 a few weeks ago to promote the German bid for the winter olympics. Her arguments were less than convincing, but she still looks great.

She was (is?) a beauty.

And Kloden looks absolutely stylish the way he rides. Rarely have I seen a rider which looks better on a bike. He could have "won" the 2006 TdF with better tactics. But of course, only with an asterisk to his name, like so many before (and after).

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack team-boss Gallopin apparently refuses to speak to the German press, as a result of how they (have) treat(ed) Klöden and Ulrich.

http://www.focus.de/sport/mehrsport...-triumphiert-nun-auf-die-tour_aid_617048.html

Der Bann reicht bis in die Mannschaftsspitze. Nachfrage am Sonntag beim Start von Paris – Roubaix in Compiegne bei Teamchef Alain Gallopin: „Ich rede nicht mit der deutschen Presse, weil ich der Betreuer von Andreas Klöden bin und weil Sie Jan Ullrich immer schlecht behandelt hat.“

slightly edited Google translate:

The ban extends to the top [of the] team. Demand on Sunday at the start of Paris - Roubaix in Compiegne by team boss Alain Gallopin: "I do not talk to the German press, because I'm the maintainer of Andreas Klöden, and because you always treated Jan Ullrich badly."

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Alain Gallopin is treating the German press exactly how they deserve to be treated, with silence. They have nothing to say, nice about anybody.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
**edited by mod ***

Exactly why Leipheimer and Kloden had bad days in the GTs, because they were, and are clean riders. Unfortunatly, lesser riders chose to get a little 'help'.No doubt about it. Don't get angry about it Berzin, take it like a man and accept the fact.
I know you are infatuated with my Lord Armstrong and I admire that in a man.(although I find it a little scary) We are not talking about Armstrong here, as much as you love him.
Now please excuse me I have to go do 100km, with some full threshold intervals.

TRENDING THREADS