• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance's Twit: how ironic

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
He has a great team around him now that couldn't wait until the end of this tour before walking.

Those of us that are a little more objective see things differently........

Contador was the GC leader of Astana until Lance came back and demanded to be leader/co-leader. This lead to friction between the two, for obvious reasons. Many of the Astana team were ex-Postal/Discovery riders who were loyal to Lance and the Hog. Contador had nothing to do with it other than being the strongest guy on the team and Lance resented that....

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:

Contador was the GC leader of Astana until Lance came back and demanded to be leader/co-leader. This lead to friction between the two, for obvious reasons. Many of the Astana team were ex-Postal/Discovery riders who were loyal to Lance and the Hog. Contador had nothing to do with it other than being the strongest guy on the team and Lance resented that....

+1

Also it doesn't matter what team Contador goes to - as soon as his signature is secured they are automatically a strong team. He will also insist on bringing some of his loyal lieutenants with him and he will be the sole leader for the Tour.

A

Anonymous

BTW, there is nothing ironic about the fact that Armstrong is a twit.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:

Bingo!

Did you see the post race interviews with LA? Give that man a tissue.

On the podium he looked as if someone had just shot his puppy. I thought he was here to fight cancer...

Super classy move to miss the team party and go out drinking too. What a professional.

LA is so transparent. I can't believe people still fall for what this guy says.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I have never called someone a hater. Find a single post. I will never resort to sophomoric forum nonsense.

I think Contador will be hard pressed to place himself in a good team situation. And will watch with interest. That's it!

Are you serious man. Alberto is the future and Lance the past. Right now he is a hot commodity. You will be in for a rude awakening with your pessemism. The new stars ar on the rise. According to Delgado all the little dwarfs started beleiving in themselves and realise that Lance is beatable. Now do you really think the 2010 tour will be anything like the 7 lance won? Bruyneels domination is about to come to an end without contador. Everything is for a time

May 10, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Bingo!

Did you see the post race interviews with LA? Give that man a tissue.

On the podium he looked as if someone had just shot his puppy. I thought he was here to fight cancer...

Super classy move to miss the team party and go out drinking too. What a professional.

LA is so transparent. I can't believe people still fall for what this guy says.

Hi rich,

Where did you read about Armstrong skipping the team party ?...I am curious to read the news about that...Many thanks

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Smera1 said:
Hi rich,

Where did you read about Armstrong skipping the team party ?...I am curious to read the news about that...Many thanks

He said it in his post-race interview on Versus. Not sure about a print version, sorry.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
Slow down on the new world order! Let him win a few first......

Let me think, he has two Tour de France titles, the Giro and the Vuelta What more do you want. Get in line its the new World Order and its the changing of the uard. Your man will have a hard time keeping up regardless of all the babysitters on the Radioshack team. Get with the program or be left behind as it cannot be business as usual

May 13, 2009
Visit site
He's been partying with the great one.
http://twitpic.com/brat7 - TdF done. Happy! Having some drinks with the greatest of all time, Eddy Merckx.
about 1 hour ago from TwitPic

19749499-40588df24f1a1ed2663a2687d9fdf6e3.4a6cf3a8-full.jpg

May 13, 2009
Visit site
jamfra67 said:
Let me think, he has two Tour de France titles, the Giro and the Vuelta What more do you want. Get in line its the new World Order and its the changing of the uard. Your man will have a hard time keeping up regardless of all the babysitters on the Radioshack team. Get with the program or be left behind as it cannot be business as usual

Its going to be entirely different next year. Different riders, different teams etc. The Kasaks are coming back, AC dont know what team he will be on, Radioshack, up and coming LiquiGas, the Schlecks. Not saying LA is going to win, not saying AC is going to lose, just saying there are going to be alot of changes next season that will have an affect on things.

A

Anonymous

hfer07 said:
But I though he would be "honoring the hard work done by his teammates & Alberto for winning the Tour".....
tasteless....

I certainly hope Contador withholds his portion of the FIRST PLACE prize...

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I have never called someone a hater. Find a single post. I will never resort to sophomoric forum nonsense.

I think Contador will be hard pressed to place himself in a good team situation. And will watch with interest. That's it!

From a phycolological point of view I think it is near impossible for Contador to place himself in a worse team situation than Astana (he himself said that he had to win 2 TdF this year, one on the road and one outside). All he has to do is find a team with decent TTT skills and he is good to go.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
That's not the point and you know it.

I know, just being stupid. No one knows if he missed the team party. I havent seen anything about it. I doubt he did. Maybe just didnt stay as long as usual. Wont know until some ahole journalist makes a big deal out of it.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
And deny the Livestrong foundation??

Donate to a poorly run charity, surely you jest? Hopefully, Contador will take that portion and donate it to a worthy charity.