• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis "retires", done with cycle racing

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Clearly Unstable said:
Doesn't Floyd rhyme with unemployed?

Once Armstrong is on his way down the *****er Landis will be seen as a courageous beacon of integrity. He'll be able to command an income on the speech making circuit if he wants.

I think Floyd will just stay out of the limelight and enjoy a more simple life. Good luck to him.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
"I think Floyd will just stay out of the limelight and enjoy a more simple life. Good luck to him. "

Please explain why Floyd isn't in jail??

If you or I scammed that many people out of that much money, we'd be in the slammer for 5-10 years.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
"I think Floyd will just stay out of the limelight and enjoy a more simple life. Good luck to him. "

If you or I scammed that many people out of that much money, we'd be in the slammer for 5-10 years.

i see you did the search i advised.....

ps trolls are spotted very quick in here...;) just saying:rolleyes:

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:

Then, I guess that means Armstrong is in a boat load of trouble.

Besides, most of the money donated to the FFF came from "rich Armstrong hangers-on wanna-bes". I'm thinking those people are much more upset with Armstrong as of this morning.

A

Anonymous

MR_Sarcastic said:

Hmmm. 5 - 10 years for a couple of million?

I'm no math wizard but Lance has scammed how many hundreds of millions?

How long should his sentence be?

A

Anonymous

MR_Sarcastic said:
"I'm no math wizard but Lance has scammed how many hundreds of millions?"

For his own pocket??

Ok, I'll be kind.

Please do some research (this clinic would be a great place to start) then come back and discuss what you find.

Or not.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
[quote

For his own pocket??[/QUOTE]

yes. he certainly is not poor.

Anyone with a brain would have realized Floyd was doping. Just looking at the rogues gallery of tour winners should have told them that.

Floyd was actually pleading for the same sort of mysterious exemptions allowed for Armstrong and the others, disguised carefully as outright innocence. i mean, everyone involved knew he was only doing the same as others.

If he had told the truth back then guys like you would have crucified him ten times harder than now.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If your allegations are true, wouldn't you think that the IRS would be hot on Armstrong's heels?

Getting back to my original question.....

1) Landis collected money by claiming that he was innocent.
2) Landis admits that he wasn't innocent.
3) People go to jail for that sort of thing.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
If your allegations are true, wouldn't you think that the IRS would be hot on Armstrong's heels?

do a search or be labelled a troll.

MR_Sarcastic said:

Why hasn't someone raised a case against him if it's so simple?

Of course no one would want to admit that they were so stupid to believe Floyd didn't use PEDs...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
I guess anyone who questions Saint Floyd is a Troll?

anyone who comes in here 7 months after Floyd spilled his guts and doesn't do a search thinking these questions haven't been asked by LA fanboys, trolls etc is either a new recruit at public stratagies, naive or a new troll and as Jimbo said the done been walked.;)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
I guess anyone who questions Saint Floyd is a Troll?

You have to love desperate Floyt to be accepted by forums aces. Good man, good mate.
A real man who reflects all the good in the world. :D

I wish him all the best for his future. He sounds like he has suicidal tendencies.
Problem is that people love betrayal, but not the betrayer

In this case, the clinics "good people" love both, because they love Lance.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Of course these questions have been asked. Many of the answers have been taken as fact, without basis. (without basis= concrete proof)
Fan boys of professional cycling often get their undies in a bunch over opinions. I try to keep an open mind.

Did Armstrong dope......Don't know
Did LeMond dope......Don't know
Did Landis dope.......Yup
Did Landis cheat......Yup
Did Landis scam people......Yup.

It will be interesting what FACTS come out about Armstrong. Until then, I will neither support or condem him.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
Of course these questions have been asked. Many of the answers have been taken as fact, without basis. (without basis= concrete proof)
Fan boys of professional cycling often get their undies in a bunch over opinions. I try to keep an open mind.

It will be interesting what FACTS come out about Armstrong. Until then, I will neither support or condem him.

dont let the door hit you on the way out....;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Did Armstrong dope......yes. more and better than anyone else.
Did LeMond dope......Absolutely not. Even Lance knows this. Not one shred of evidence, even when The Sociopath was offering big money for allegations.
Did Landis scam people....we can perhaps rephrase this question as follows:

Did idiots throw their money away on something that was truly ridiculous?

Whats also funny is that most of the gimps who believed Floyd and gave money are also Lance fans....you know, fairly new to cycling and Anglophone etc.

Now Floyd's "scam" is just another birch for the back of the man who spilled the beans on lance and is therefore "ruining cycling" for them....

pretty sad really.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
It's great to see Floyd going out into the "real" world and getting a job. Maybe now, he can begin to pay back the money collected in the Floyd Fairness Fund,........ unless he changes his story again, and says that he didn't dope.

(Most people who do what he did, end up in jail)

Floyd could be a doorman at Dunkin Donuts, Bronx,NY

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
jimbob_in_co said:

A lance fan definition of facts:

riding up climbs beforehand means you can ride up them faster than anyone else
Lance trained harder than anyone else
Lance was most tested athlete ever (even if he wasn't)
lance never failed a test (even if he did)
Lance has a heart the size of a rugby ball
Lance produces freakishly low levels of lactic acid
All Lance's rivals were lazy Europeans who spent all winter drinking beer and swallowing sausages without chewing
Drug tests always magically catch anything bad, under all circumstances - even drugs noone knows about yet, so if you pass them it PROVES you didn't take anything, ever.
It isn't possible to sabotage, delay or avoid a drug test. This has never ever happened.

etc etc yawn yawn

A lance fan definition of "hearsay" and "lies"

Sworn eyewitness testimony
opinion of medical experts like Dr Ashenden
positive tests (that Lance doesn't agree with and the UCI "redefine")
Confessions of others that implicate Lance
positive tests of lance's teammates
Dr ferrari
Documentation seized by police

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
SI is a "fact" finding journal?

"Fair and Balanced"?

I'm sure that the Feds plan on using all the "facts" in the article against Armstrong.

from what I heard the feds actually provided some of the facts to the SI journalists.

MR_Sarcastic said:

your "open-mind" is selective at best.

TRENDING THREADS