• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Samyn 2016 (1.1)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Lexman said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Hopefully it means that Terpstra will now have satisfied his own needs of a win and be ready to help his teammates in the more important races.

LOL it might be satisfied after he wins Paris Roubaix again you mean?
I just hope he will help his teammates if he's in a situation to do so and cannot win himself. Winning Le Samyn should make it more plausible as he already has a win. That's all.

Should he work for Vandenbergh or Stybar? They aren't faster than Terpstra in the end. Only Boonen would be an option for a sprint. But he is also getting weaker by the year. So I think Terpstra with an attack like this one is Etixx's best shot at Roubaix or Ronde.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Akuryo said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Lexman said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Hopefully it means that Terpstra will now have satisfied his own needs of a win and be ready to help his teammates in the more important races.

I just hope he will help his teammates if he's in a situation to do so and cannot win himself. Winning Le Samyn should make it more plausible as he already has a win. That's all.

Should he work for Vandenbergh or Stybar? They aren't faster than Terpstra in the end. Only Boonen would be an option for a sprint. But he is also getting weaker by the year. So I think Terpstra with an attack like this one is Etixx's best shot at Roubaix or Ronde.
Stybar is faster than Terpstra after a hard race.

Mayomaniac said:
Akuryo said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Lexman said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Stybar is faster than Terpstra after a hard race.

Yes, slightly. But not enough to beat the likes of Kristoff, Degenkolb or Sagan. So why not attack with Terpstra?

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
A bit of a breakthrough race for Thwaites.

Indeed. He's had some good placings since 2013 - a top ten in this race already and a podium at Nokere Koerse last year (beating Danny van Poppel among others in the sprint). But this feels like the first race where he's been a real player.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:

I actually think Terpstra is their strongest rider...

Akuryo said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Lexman said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Terpstra needs to be able to do make a such attack, and more importantly, he needs to be in a position to actually make such an attack. That is not guaranteed. I also think Stybar will be stronger than Terpstra.

Clipboard_zpsqeettjxk.jpg

TRENDING THREADS