• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2016

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Münsterland-Giro

1. John Degenkolb (Team Giant-Alpecin)
2. Roy Jans (Wanty-Groupe Gobert)
3. Pascal Ackermann (Rad-net Rose Team)
4. Matteo Trentin (Etixx-Quick Step)
5. Dion Smith (One Pro Cycling)
6. Alan Banszek (CCC Sprandi Polkowice )
7. Phil Bauhaus (Bora-Argon 18)
8. Gianni Meersman (Etixx-Quick Step)
9. Robin Stenuit (Wanty-Groupe Gobert)
10. Bert van Lerberghe (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise

Greipel? Kittel? Degenkolb is the man for Germany in Doha. :D

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Münsterland-Giro

1. John Degenkolb (Team Giant-Alpecin)
2. Roy Jans (Wanty-Groupe Gobert)
3. Pascal Ackermann (Rad-net Rose Team)
4. Matteo Trentin (Etixx-Quick Step)
5. Dion Smith (One Pro Cycling)
6. Alan Banszek (CCC Sprandi Polkowice )
7. Phil Bauhaus (Bora-Argon 18)
8. Gianni Meersman (Etixx-Quick Step)
9. Robin Stenuit (Wanty-Groupe Gobert)
10. Bert van Lerberghe (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise

Greipel? Kittel? Degenkolb is the man for Germany in Doha. :D

Only a small group at the finish.
Maybe they didn't want to take any risk? Don't think they were very keen on riding on wet cobbles 2 weeks before the Worlds.

I don't know if Naesen's whole comment has been published on the net, so scan from today's GvA

842513NAESENGvA20161003.png

Personal translation:
"I haven't often been so angry. This is just ridiculous, villainous. You may close the door a little but this? I had to do everything to stay right. At the end there was even a gutter which I had to jump over. If you are a bit of a rider and have class you should just admit that you made a mistake. But now? I've always found an idiot but now I think he is totally defective. What I told him after the race is not for publication. He was lucky there was a camera there. Just now that he's got a reputation. A bowling ball."

So I guess what he didn't like is not Groenewegen's move but his inability to admit it after the race. He's not always so hot-tempered and he doesn't think that the gutter was everything.

"The last 40 kms I was constantly chattering teeth. The fat was from the soup ( :p ). I was dead"

full quote:

Comforting? "yes, especially because in the end it was quite a hard day. Very cold and the pace was high. Especially in the end it was terrible. It was 8 degrees (celsius) but felt like freezing. Not really my favourite weather. This was the type that is impossible to simulate in training. 3 to 4 hours of a bloc (full gas) racing. The fact that I still felt relatively good in the end tells me my form is good. Only lacked a good sprint in the end." "I'm certainly happy that I still was able to get a result in these conditions. I did the best I could. Again the last 40 kms I was constatnly chattering teeth. The fat was from the soup. I was dead. Also I never thought we'd catch back up to Naesen, Lampaert and Wynants and wasn't planning to sprint (for 4th).

If he has recovered from the crash in Eneco: "Maybe I still feel it a little bit. But that is most likely because you're a little tighter on the bike due to the cold. But nothing compared to the uncertainty I felt immediately after the crash. Don't forget that it was once again a hard knock on the head. You know during the scans they discovered another small fracture from last years crash they had overlooked back then."

Re:

Billie said:
"The last 40 kms I was constantly chattering teeth. The fat was from the soup ( :p ). I was dead"

full quote:

Comforting? "yes, especially because in the end it was quite a hard day. Very cold and the pace was high. Especially in the end it was terrible. It was 8 degrees (celsius) but felt like freezing. Not really my favourite weather. This was the type that is impossible to simulate in training. 3 to 4 hours of a bloc (full gas) racing. The fact that I still felt relatively good in the end tells me my form is good. Only lacked a good sprint in the end." "I'm certainly happy that I still was able to get a result in these conditions. I did the best I could. Again the last 40 kms I was constatnly chattering teeth. The fat was from the soup. I was dead. Also I never thought we'd catch back up to Naesen, Lampaert and Wynants and wasn't planning to sprint (for 4th).

If he has recovered from the crash in Eneco: "Maybe I still feel it a little bit. But that is most likely because you're a little tighter on the bike due to the cold. But nothing compared to the uncertainty I felt immediately after the crash. Don't forget that it was once again a hard knock on the head. You know during the scans they discovered another small fracture from last years crash they had overlooked back then."
Thanks a lot! :)

Re:

Kwibus said:
I don't mind riders that aint mediatrained sheep, but oli only sounds like a childish crybaby, instead of an rogueish renegade ;)

If there wasn't a camera.... lol, still cracks me up. Highschool kid.
You having fun I see, lolling still? And what if that statement is genuine and Naesen just managed to better control his temper, unlike these two idiots?
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/729328461576294400
https://twitter.com/F3PoitouChtes/status/768479763031818240/video/1

TRENDING THREADS