• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Robert5091 said:
Chapeau Lutsenko! :) Left it late.
Clipboard.jpg

GC
GC.jpg

Re: Re:

del1962 said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
RedheadDane said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Nice little win by Lutsenko.
Hopefully he can play a big role in GdL.

That would be impressive, considering that GdL is on Saturday, and this race only ends on Sunday.
If he can activate his flux capacitor while going 88mph downhill me might just make it.

Only Evenepoel can do that

Evenepoel is Merckx! :D

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Watching the Tour of Turkey and even though last year was even worse, this race just sucks. It’s 5 stages that are won by practically the same second-tier sprinter and one uphill finish which is just riding en group until Ullissi starts sprinting with 400m to go. Why is this, and every irrelevant Belgian one-day race for that matter, WorldTour and all the beautiful fall classics in Italy are not?

Re:

Der Effe said:
Watching the Tour of Turkey and even though last year was even worse, this race just sucks. It’s 5 stages that are won by practically the same second-tier sprinter and one uphill finish which is just riding en group until Ullissi starts sprinting with 400m to go. Why is this, and every irrelevant Belgian one-day race for that matter, WorldTour and all the beautiful fall classics in Italy are not?
Because money talks.

2.15.192 Events registered on the UCI WorldTour calendar for the first time in 2017 and thereafter
shall ensure the participation of a minimum of 10 UCI WorldTeams in their events.
In case of failure by one of these events to ensure the participation of 10 UCI
WorldTeams during two consecutive editions, the registration of the said event shall be
withdrawn from the UCI WorldTour calendar.

there were 4 WT teams last year and only 9 this year, so unless there is a change in the rules Turkey should no longer be WT

Re:

Der Effe said:

Sam Bennett and Gaviria are not 2nd tier sprinters

Plus this race also gives a platfrom for Basque and other pro conti riders to shine

The Italian classics are the Italian classics...watch them if that is all you like ......Tour of Turkey is different

The number of half ars**d moaners on here that complain about everything is just painful

If you don't like don't watch but for me I am glad not all races are the same nor do I have an inflated sense of knowing best while calling for all races to be the same ...a slog out between Valverde and Pinot , etc :rolleyes:

Re:

roundabout said:
2.15.192 Events registered on the UCI WorldTour calendar for the first time in 2017 and thereafter
shall ensure the participation of a minimum of 10 UCI WorldTeams in their events.
In case of failure by one of these events to ensure the participation of 10 UCI
WorldTeams during two consecutive editions, the registration of the said event shall be
withdrawn from the UCI WorldTour calendar.

I also thought all WT races had to have live TV coverage, yet Guangxi is doing quite fine getting out on that one.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Der Effe said:

Sam Bennett and Gaviria are not 2nd tier sprinters

Plus this race also gives a platfrom for Basque and other pro conti riders to shine

The Italian classics are the Italian classics...watch them if that is all you like ......Tour of Turkey is different

The number of half ars**d moaners on here that complain about everything is just painful

If you don't like don't watch but for me I am glad not all races are the same nor do I have an inflated sense of knowing best while calling for all races to be the same ...a slog out between Valverde and Pinot , etc :rolleyes:

Cool story, but stopped reading after you said Bennett isn’t a second-tier sprinter.

OMFG :lol:

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Avoiding the best sprinters in practically every race you enter makes you a second-tier sprinter. The Giro sprinting field was horrid, Bennett would be lucky to top-5 in the Tour.

Cort Nielsen en Keukeleire won GT-sprints ffs :lol:

TRENDING THREADS