• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Coppi e Bartali starts tomorrow with a beauty of a route, a travesty that it still doesn’t have a live broadcast - now that Challenge Mallorca has finally stepped it up, this has to be the race where it’s most sorely missed. Field isn’t the best the race has had but we’re still missing out on seeing Pozzovivo’s debut for Israel and a whole host of Jumbo climbing talent, amongst other things. Another thing to note is that Tiberi has been removed from the startlist in spite of his suspension by Trek officially having ended, so it seems like there’s truth to the rumours of him being let go.

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2023-stage-1-profile-f0b4db4442.jpg

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2023-stage-2-profile-87479135f9.jpg

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2023-stage-3-profile-b762f72648.jpg

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2023-stage-4-profile-ecfc7b34b2.jpg

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2023-stage-5-profile-0f4d35538d.jpg

Not sure what's taking them so long, the current limbo helps neither the team nor the rider.
From my understanding the team management would probably give him a second chance but sponsors are pressing them to let him go.
I don't know if there's also a legal angle here, considering how difficult it is to fire workers in Italy (but it's an American company and he's a resident of San Marino so probably that doesn't matter).

Reactions: Devil's Elbow
From my understanding the team management would probably give him a second chance but sponsors are pressing them to let him go.
I don't know if there's also a legal angle here, considering how difficult it is to fire workers in Italy (but it's an American company and he's a resident of San Marino so probably that doesn't matter).
I assume the team already knew about it last year, but maybe the sponsors only knew it once it was in public.

Lipowitz on his way to his first pro win? Can I still delete my post?
You're lucky he was caught but perhaps he still has a shot?

At some point we'll need to start talking about Walter Calzoni, very consistent this year.

I assume the team already knew about it last year, but maybe the sponsors only knew it once it was in public.
I also assumed Trek knew but they keep saying both Tiberi and his agent Johnny Carera never said anything about it until the trial ended.

TRENDING THREADS