• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Van Poppel beats Menten and De Buyst in Bora's homerace. Was a great race once again thanks to Bora making it hard. After 50km there was 35 riders left in the first group. In the end 12 (Groenewegen just missed it).

Menten lost too much ground in the last corner and came 10cm too short in the end.
Probably would've won if they let De Buyst do the leadout (if that wasn't the plan anyways), but for points this was probably the best choice.

Reactions: Didinho and Faserr
Merlier won stage six of the Four days of Dunkerque. Gregoire won the overall.

Over in Antwerp there's just over 50 Ks to go, and it seems stuff is happenening.

Guess I watched the wrong race then? :confused:
Yes, nice race to watch. Fullgas from the beginning and not boring like the Giro at the moment.

You lucky bastards had access to it on GCN+?

DeBuyst leads out Menten and Lotto get the win - Chasing points lookks good on the scoresheet but it costs you wins. Maybe Van Poppel went super early because he guessed that Lotto were focused on UCI points.

Jayco went to the wrong race - They should have been at the Antwerp race - And the team performance today was rubbish - Only two riders O'Brien and Groenewegen were in the split with 60kms to go

DeBuyst leads out Menten and Lotto get the win - Chasing points lookks good on the scoresheet but it costs you wins. Maybe Van Poppel went super early because he guessed that Lotto were focused on UCI points.

Yes, if they wanted the win the ideal scenario wouldve been De Buyst in front of Menten before the corner, but in the end the actual reason Menten doesn't win this is because his cornering there was horrible and he loses 3 bikelengths. That's probably also the reason Van Poppel went early.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Doesn‘t every rider have a mechanic?

I think they need to share them with their teammates.

You Danes still wanna reclaim all of Schleswig-Holstein?

I want to be the singular dictator of the World! Then I shall declare that all bike races* shall be available to watch everywhere.

*cat.1 or above. I'm not completely unreasonable.

TRENDING THREADS