• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2023 edition

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nice to see Daniel Federspiel doing better again. His mother suddenly dying in 2020 was a huge blow to him. His father abandoned them when he was 4, so they were really close. He and his GF are great people.

No idea who's gonna win on the Hinterstoder MTF, Ricci Zoidl vs Cabedo?
Jakub Otruba is pretty good uphill. Some of the youngsters could also go pretty far in this field. Hajek, Verstrynge or De Cassan, for example.

Reactions: Sandisfan
In Austria
Clipboard.png

Ok, how did Intermarche manage to lock up 4th-6th place with 3 riders in that group? That said, 4th is a really nice result for Francesco Busatto after winning the u23 version of LBL earlier this year. Also good to see Henok Mulubrhan finish 3rd after struggling a bit in the Giro.

De pretto who rode as a stagiare for Jayco in 2022 continues to clock up good results in the under 23's - My only query is that he has not competed in any stage races.

highlights are up on Rai Play. Looks like Henok thought he won

ToSxktf.png
How come he didn't wear the African Champions jersey in the Giro? (I am fairly sure I saw him onscreen, and am certain I would have noticed it)

• Wow
My suggestions are showing up one day early! :sweatsmile: Otruba, Verstrynge and De Cassan no. 2, 3 and 4 behind Kielich today.
I don't rate Verstrynge that highly, at least when it's only a single real mountain stage. Last year in the Giro del Friuli Buratti and Busatto put 20sec into him on the Zoncolan from Sutrio until the ski station (so no super steep final 3kms) mtf. He won the race because he was in that break on stage 2. I do get the feeling that he's a very consistent guy who doesn't really have bad days, but he's also never up there with the very best, at least until now.

I might be wrong, but my impression is that tomorrow will be Rapp vs Zoidl. I also wouldn't underestimate the Austrian climber Martin Messner, who was 6th in the Tour de l'Avenir in 2021. As far as I know he still hasn't turned pro because he's still studying at the Uni Graz.

I don't rate Verstrynge that highly, at least when it's only a single real mountain stage. Last year in the Giro del Friuli Buratti and Busatto put 20sec into him on the Zoncolan from Sutrio until the ski station (so no super steep final 3kms) mtf. He won the race because he was in that break on stage 2. I do get the feeling that he's a very consistent guy who doesn't really have bad days, but he's also never up there with the very best, at least until now.

I might be wrong, but my impression is that tomorrow will be Rapp vs Zoidl. I also wouldn't underestimate the Austrian climber Martin Messner, who was 6th in the Tour de l'Avenir in 2021. As far as I know he still hasn't turned pro because he's still studying at the Uni Graz.
If you're a cyclocrosser, you get free EPO in this race it seems. So Verystrynge gonna wreck everyone! :D

No, but in all seriousness, your favourite rating makes a lot of sense. I just chucked in a few more names who should be up there somewhere, considering good climbers are few and far between in this race.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS