• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow! Just recovering from Little Lenny's masterclass, and we're doing it all over again on Saturday at,
Tour du Jura Cycliste - Domblans to Mont Poupet (Salin-les-bains) 174.6 km (1.1 of course, the only races worth watching!) start 10.10 CET, TV from 11.15 (? not sure about that 11.40 CET on L'Equipe))

tour-du-jura-cycliste-2024-result-profile-n2-9909299e31.png

startlist at https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-du-jura-cycliste/2024/startlist (about the same as Friday's race) - Go Little Lenny M! :) Finish is a tough one -
Poupet.gif

We're doing it three days in a row. I think this series of one-day races is a little strange with only mountain top finishes when you basically don't have that in any one-day race for the rest of the season (apart from Mont Ventoux challenge).

Reactions: Sandisfan
We're doing it three days in a row. I think this series of one-day races is a little strange with only mountain top finishes when you basically don't have that in any one-day race for the rest of the season (apart from Mont Ventoux challenge).

And the Ventoux Challenge has been cancelled this year because they need resources for the Olympics. The Mercantour Classic will still take place, so there's at least one other race with an MTF.

• Wow
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I remember that last year it was all Pinot, Pinot and Pinot! This year it's all Lenny Martinez. Tour du Doubs on Sunday of course.

Huh?
Doubs got removed from the schedule on Discovery+. That doesn't make any sense; it's the same organisers as Besancon and Jure, why would they show two of their races, but not the third?
there's a cooperation, but Tour du Doubs is not organized by the same people as the other two.

As far as I can see, it's live on TV for the first time this year, and in France it's on the local France 3, while Besancon & Jura are on l'Équipe. So they probably made different kind of deals with Eurosport as well.

As far as I can see, it's live on TV for the first time this year, and in France it's on the local France 3, while Besancon & Jura are on l'Équipe. So they probably made different kind of deals with Eurosport as well.

It's not on Discovery+, so if there is a deal, it seems like it's "Only available for people who are happy with 10-minute add-breaks every 5 minutes", ie old-fashioned (Eurosport) TV.

• Wow
with "Eurosport" I of course mean the whole Discovery universe in general. Or Warner Bros., or whoever would be in charge to make those deals.

So, the deal would be not showing it...
The weird thing is; I'm 99% sure I did see in on the schedule on the Discovery+, but then when I went to check the schedule today, it had disappeared...
Maybe the people at Discovery+ just made the rather logical assumption of thinking they'd be showing all three races.

• Wow
So, the deal would be not showing it...
The weird thing is; I'm 99% sure I did see in on the schedule on the Discovery+, but then when I went to check the schedule today, it had disappeared...
Maybe the people at Discovery+ just made the rather logical assumption of thinking they'd be showing all three races.

Sometimes a person can survive not watching a lower categorised bike race.

• Wow
Is there anywhere online I can watch the Jura race finale??

Discovery+

Sometimes a person can survive not watching a lower categorised bike race.

But I was given the impression that I would be able to watch it! It simply never being on the schedule wouldn't have been as annoying.
It's also bit weird since Doubs is a Coupe de France race. You'd think those races would have pretty big priority for being shown...

I mean... I guess I've had to accept that I won't be able to watch Tour de Pologne for the near future...

Meanwhile, in the race that is actually being shown; Mini Martinez at the back of the peloton.

Discovery+

But I was given the impression that I would be able to watch it! It simply never being on the schedule wouldn't have been as annoying.
It's also bit weird since Doubs is a Coupe de France race. You'd think those races would have pretty big priority for being shown...

I mean... I guess I've had to accept that I won't be able to watch Tour de Pologne for the near future...

Meanwhile, in the race that is actually being shown; Mini Martinez at the back of the peloton.
Thank you