• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Matyas Kopecky 5th. Best Novo Nordisk result ever?
No. They've had a lot of stage race top 10s which have paid more points, also some top 10s in 1.Pro races that have paid more. And Javier Megias had a podium in the 1.1 GP de Plumelec-Morbihan in 2012, so even in terms of pure placings in one-day races, it's not the best.

But it's definintely high on the list of good results by them, especially against European competition.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think Van Mechelen won Rucphen.

Couldn't quite understand the commentators...

Edit: PCS says Dorussen.
Funny to see a pro race on similar roads in North Brabant, like when I do Tour de Twente on my Holland bike! :D

The race itself was a bit boring without rain & wind. But still better than watching my wallpaper I guess.

Huub Artz looked strong here. Being in the escape the whole day and still have the power to sprint for a 2nd place.

Then again. If you remember how strong Hagenes road in Drenthe last year. It just shows in comparison how impressive the Norwegians performance in fact was!

I'm guessingSam Bennett thinks these races are beneath him.
With Sam Bennett it's like with soccer player Mark Uth from 1. FC Cologne. You know what was going on at BORA & Schalke when you signed him. It was known that his physical and mentality condition wasn't correct before. He was signed nevertheless.

Yes. Both should have retired if there's any character left. But for a big paycheck you can forget about sense of honor pretty easily. It might be the last you ever receive. It's not entirely on them. There were people stupid enough to engage them.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Coppi e Bartali will be live on YouTube.

Pesaro to Pesaro 109.7 km start 14.10 CET - Pozzovivo is on the startlist!
Statlist at https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali/2024/startlist

settimana-internazionale-coppi-e-bartali-2024-stage-1-finish-a6a59a977c.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
This is a great race for Guatibonza and Pescador to show Colombian cycling ain't dying just yet. Here's hoping Widar is free to race too.

Widar is scared. He can't stay at the front of the bunch for 5 minutes when it gets nervous. Not really that surprising as positioning was already a problem at junior level sometimes. Now he's riding with the big boys immediately.

Last edited: