• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races results 2013

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dazed and Confused said:
Here is another fact. After six stages the team classification looks like this:

1 (1) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 61:46:22
2 (2) Crelan-Euphony 0:34
3 (3) Ukraine 0:49
4 (4) Drapac Cycling Team ,,
5 (5) La Pomme Marseille 1:13
6 (6) CCC Polsat Polkowice ,,
7 (7) Burgos BH - Castilla y Leon ,,
8 (8) Team Novo Nordisk ,,
9 (9) Champion System Pro Cycling Team ,,
10 (10) Synergy Baku Cycling Project 1:17
11 (11) Rietumu - Delfin 1:41
12 (12) Team Quantec - Indeland ,,
13 (13) Arbö Gebrüder Weiss - Oberndorfer ,,
14 (14) Max Success Sports ,,
15 (15) Atlas Personal - Jakroo ,,
16 (16) Hong Kong China ,,
17 (17) RTS Racing Team ,,
18 (18) Qinghai Tianyoude Cycling Team ,,

So either every single team have taken vacation or the parcours simply doesn't allows for differentiation.

Stage 7 result:

1 BOS Theo [www.procyclingstats.com] Belkin Pro Cycling Team 30 5:13:57
2 BOOM Lars Belkin Pro Cycling Team 18 ,,
3 HOFLAND Moreno Belkin Pro Cycling Team 12 ,

Order pretty much restored. Froome wins in Japan, Bos in China. Yes sir.

Moving on we will take on this:

Tour-of-Hainan-Stage-8-1382349837.jpg

Probably the best chance to make a race.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Beating up on continental riders is now good for confidence

It shows the shamefully low level of the race when a 7 rider team who have led for a week can finish 1-2-3-4

This is not a ssr, this is a sssr.

For a rider like Hofland this is a good race, apart from that it indeed shameful.

roundabout said:
Beating up on continental riders is now good for confidence

It shows the shamefully low level of the race when a 7 rider team who have led for a week can finish 1-2-3-4

This is not a ssr, this is a sssr.
Boom isn't talking about his own confidence, but the confidence of a neo pro who is about to win his first HC race. Or the confidence of another neo pro who has to control a 100 man peloton all day on his own.

Who was complaining when a seasoned pro like Iglinskiy won here last year?

roundabout said:
2012 Hainan thread got a total of 11 posts.

And let's ask this guy how winning 6 stages and the overall translates to the real world

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=4826
I'm not saying anyone cares about this race, even though it's HC. But for a neo pro to win it is a fine performance, regardless.

Shpilevsky is in the race this year as well, and gets a regular beating by Belkin.

And the Tour of Belkin continues

Tour of Hainan (2.HC)
Etappe 8: Dongfang › Danzhou (172km)
1. Moreno Hofland (Belkin Pro Cycling Team)
2. Vitaliy Buts (Oekraine)
3. Lars Boom (Belkin Pro Cycling Team)

Algemeen klassement na etappe 8
1. Moreno Hofland (Belkin Pro Cycling Team)

This is the kind of thing I used to dislike about HTC (among many, many other things) - sending strong squads to races they can absolutely obliterate, just so they can pad their number of wins out and point to sponsors to say "we won this much". But even HTC never had a race quite like this :eek:

Libertine Seguros said:
This is the kind of thing I used to dislike about HTC (among many, many other things) - sending strong squads to races they can absolutely obliterate, just so they can pad their number of wins out and point to sponsors to say "we won this much". But even HTC never had a race quite like this :eek:

name me please one example of HTC riding such a low level race....there are shiity races and there is tour of hainan

jens_attacks said:
name me please one example of HTC riding such a low level race....there are shiity races and there is tour of hainan

Hence why I said HTC never had a race quite like this, as this is despite being 2.HC a whole other level of one-team domination.

Tour of Turkey 2010 was pretty bad, and the 2009 Tour of Britain. The endless TDU parades were interminable. They won a bunch of GCs in flat races with a sole TT to decide the mix with guys like Martin, Rogers and even Rabon. But Hainan here is a whole other level of barrelled fish-shooting.

TRENDING THREADS