• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Grand Prix de Wallonie on Wednesday. I assume it's the same finish in Namur as usual? If so, lovely race to watch.
Yes it is! Same finish on the Citadel as always. Preview can be found here:
https://www.ciclismointernacional.com/gran-prix-de-wallonie-2021-preview/

Another interesting race today is the Giro di Toscana. With start and finish in Pontedera, just east of Pisa. The finale features a double ascent of the famed Monte Serra, well known as a training climb for cyclists residing in the area around Lucca and Pisa.

Last edited:
I have a very, very serious question!

Startlist for Coppa Sabatini - Gran Premio città di Peccioli 2021 (procyclingstats.com)

Cofidis isn't riding? Please tell me there'll me an Italian National Team, then. Otherwise... how else is Fabio gonna ride it?

He's actually only ridden it three times during his career (2006, 2007 and 2016). But it's no wonder cause the course doesn't really suit him. Do you also expect Pierre Latour to ride all races with "Tour" in the title?

Yes it is! Same finish on the Citadel as always. Preview can be found here:
https://www.ciclismointernacional.com/gran-prix-de-wallonie-2021-preview/

Another interesting race today is the Giro di Toscana. With start and finish in Pontedera, just east of Pisa. The finale features a double ascent of the famed Monte Serra, well known as a training climb for cyclists residing in the area around Lucca and Pisa.
Looks like the finish up to the Citadel today is not on the cobbled section this time.

Looks like the finish up to the Citadel today is not on the cobbled section this time.
I stand corrected, didn't read the preview thoroughly.

Are they doing it by choice or the renovations they did on top of the Citadel (I believe they were finished last year) make it unviable to keep the original route?
Don't know the exact reason. The organisation claims that the finale is more spectacular than before. We'll see.
https://www.rtbf.be/sport/cyclisme/...edynamise-entre-aywaille-et-namur?id=10841579

Last edited:
Slovakia stars this eveningh with a short prologue of just 1,6 km.¡ totally flat,, go and come back with a hard corner in the middle.
Sagan is penultimate to start, and Froome one of the last, with Lusenko just behind him. (no propblem for Froome becouse is a minute difference for just 1,6 km, he he)

Trolley railways and cobblestones are over there, but I think they miss them except in the corner...but that means a narrow path of about 1,5 metres.

TRENDING THREADS