• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2021

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The profile of today´s stage in the Tour of Slovakia:
I´m absolutely convinced the final sprint will be decided between Bol, Hodeg and Sagan. Should be a good battle to watch.

Actually I fear Hodeg won't make it over the hills (and maybe Bol not either...) Hope I'm completely wrong of course which is likely because I'm so bad with reading profiles...
In any case I don't see DQS giving their all to keep Hodeg in the mix for the final... their focus will be on Steimle I think. (I wish I could really cheer for Steimle, as a German, and there's nothing to be said against him, but compared to him Roglic has the charisma of Freddie Mercury.)
All in all... this looks like a really good stage for Sagan and it also would be nice for him in his country.

Actually I fear Hodeg won't make it over the hills (and maybe Bol not either...) Hope I'm completely wrong of course which is likely because I'm so bad with reading profiles...
In any case I don't see DQS giving their all to keep Hodeg in the mix for the final... their focus will be on Steimle I think. (I wish I could really cheer for Steimle, as a German, and there's nothing to be said against him, but compared to him Roglic has the charisma of Freddie Mercury.)
All in all... this looks like a really good stage for Sagan and it also would be nice for him in his country.

Roglic seems much more charismatic now than he has done hitherto in his career, though.

But I wouldn't know how Freddie Mercury was.

Hodeg should be fine, unless DQS decides to start going hard through the hills in order to get rid of Sagan and give a better position for Steimle in the overall classification.

Hodeg should be fine, unless DQS decides to start going hard through the hills in order to get rid of Sagan and give a better position for Steimle in the overall classification.
I dont think Steimle climbs better than Sagan. Bora should make a hard final climb to eliminate sprinters as much as possible. The last climb is not very hard, but enough to elimnate several sprinters. There will be 40 km to the end, but with some small climbs, so no easy to come back if one team want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and ij74

TRENDING THREADS