• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've only watched the sprint from Scheldeprijs, so I don't know what happened in the race other than some crashes. Barbieri delivered Kool well once again, but she can't match Wiebes at the moment. Balsamo had nothing left for the sprint this time around.

Micky Drummond missed De Ronde due to sickness, but today she showed good form by winning the Pays de la Loire one-day race, although the field wasn't exactly the strongest.

Reactions: awavey
Clipboard.png

Thanks Samu - I fixed it this way

Tour of Britain Women 2024:
Stage 1 – Thursday 6 June 2024: Welshpool to Llandudno
Stage 2 – Friday 7 June 2024: Wrexham
Stage 3 – Saturday 8 June 2024: Warrington
Stage 4 – Sunday 9 June 2024: Greater Manchester

No actual routes published yet just stage hosts

Britain's Lizzie Deignan says she has been "told to push through pain" to get mobility back after breaking her arm.

The Lidl-Trek rider crashed heavily during the Women's Tour of Flanders race in March.

"I've been told to push through certain levels of pain, particularly because of the injury I've had," Deignan said.

The 35-year-old returned to cycling last year following a sabbatical in 2022 after the birth of her second child.

She added: "To get full mobility back, I have to push myself to straighten my arm more than I want to. I am struggling to know what is a good level of pain.

"So I'm figuring out my limits in terms of pain of a broken bone. I've not done that before."

"I've never broken a bone in my life before, so I didn't know what to expect. Luckily, my husband [ex-Team Sky rider Philip Deignan] has broken several. So he has been guiding me through it," she added

"The main problem is [now it is] Olympics selection time, I missed a good chunk of races I was peaking for in terms of getting selected - there's actually plenty of time for competing [in Paris].

"But selection is harder than it's ever been. So that's bad timing for me."