• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Conveniently, just as Cotter retires, Lara Gillespie has been 2nd, 1st, 1st and 2nd across the first four stages of the Giro Mediterraneo Rosa and leads the GC by three and a half minutes coming into the final day. The startlist is heavy on young talents in the Italian scene of which Gillespie at 23 is one of the older ones, but she's had a great week so far.

Saw from the TdFF post Lifeplus Wahoo had not got the wildcard this year, which part of me was disappointed with, but realised they've not made that much impression on races this year

but then checking the rankings Arkea are actually ranked below them currently...but are French of course

Thye might be close in the rankings, but their current riders are not better than Arkéa's. If there's one team that should feel snubbed it's VolkerWessels.

Thye might be close in the rankings, but their current riders are not better than Arkéa's. If there's one team that should feel snubbed it's VolkerWessels.
Oh yes, and I'm not saying I think Lifeplus should be there, apart from the Tour down under they've largely been anonymous in most wwt races this year, and they're not exactly tearing up the pro conti scene either, just hope it doesn't impact them due to sponsors longterm.

I just looked at it and thought they must have selected on rankings which seems fair enough

But then you look at them and think that doesn't make sense and yeah how do you overlook VolkerWessels, even before yoy consider its a race that starts in the Netherlands.

I know we joke about French race organisers favouring French teams, but that seems more than a bit blatant than normal.

Oh yes, and I'm not saying I think Lifeplus should be there, apart from the Tour down under they've largely been anonymous in most wwt races this year, and they're not exactly tearing up the pro conti scene either, just hope it doesn't impact them due to sponsors longterm.

I just looked at it and thought they must have selected on rankings which seems fair enough

But then you look at them and think that doesn't make sense and yeah how do you overlook VolkerWessels, even before yoy consider its a race that starts in the Netherlands.

I know we joke about French race organisers favouring French teams, but that seems more than a bit blatant than normal.

There's obviously no doubt that it helps being French and having a connection to a men's team probably plays a part, too. VolkerWessels do have the latter now though, but as long as the men's team is only a conti team and there isn't yet a step in-between UCI/Conti level and WWT team, they might not get more credit from the likes of ASO.

I hope Majerus will win today in Luxembourg.
The race should be live soon, even though it isn't listed on feltet.dk

View: https://vimeo.com/938547212

Petra Zsanko won this year's Kirschblütenrennen, and Corinna Lechner defended her lead on the last stage of Gracia Orlová, where Emma Jeffers won her second stage in a row.

I hope Majerus will win today in Luxembourg.
The race should be live soon, even though it isn't listed on feltet.dk

View: https://vimeo.com/938547212

Petra Zsanko won this year's Kirschblütenrennen, and Corinna Lechner defended her lead on the last stage of Gracia Orlová, where Emma Jeffers won her second stage in a row.
Thank you for the livestream. :)

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Marta wins again. She doesn't Lach sprint power.
yXhcTTsehxLutnjcDKwfYlbGusOuiWC-RoFXeB9doAu3PZLTjUoY3LEQsc0hdQ