• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lloyd Mondory

May 19, 2010
Visit site
He's got a god chance to be the first cyclist to get the 2015 CODE four-year ban.

He had a contract through 2016. The Steve Houanard explanation wount cut it it this time.

Well, that was unexpected... Makes you really wonder who else does it.

Anyway, these fans deserved better from from him than that...:mad:

B_CbUx1XIAETFoR.jpg

Such a shame that he gets caught the one time he tried it. Those single moments of weakness have consequences.

Comment Checklist:

Vincent Lavenu will be disappointed and is certain that this is an isolated incident.

AG2R as a team had nothing to do with this renegade action and is committed to a clean team and peloton.

It's time to stop looking towards the past and embrace this new generation of riders that can win clean.

WildspokeJoe said:
Such a shame that he gets caught the one time he tried it. Those single moments of weakness have consequences.

Comment Checklist:

Vincent Lavenu will be disappointed and is certain that this is an isolated incident.

AG2R as a team had nothing to do with this renegade action and is committed to a clean team and peloton.

It's time to stop looking towards the past and embrace this new generation of riders that can win clean.

Check

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Vincent-lavenu-j-ai-honte/542096

In French, but google does an ok job to get the gist

Lavenu's interview:

?J?ai honte, j?ai honte, j?ai honte. Je crois que je ne suis plus capable de faire ce m?tier l?, dans ces conditions. C?est trop dur. Trop de travail. Trop d?investissement de toute une vie. Le v?lo c?est ma vie. Je ne peux plus, je ne peux plus. C?est un m?lange de honte, de trahison, l??quipe va ?tre salie, ce n?est pas juste. Il m?a appel?, il pleurait, mais ses explications ne me conviennent pas, je lui ai dit qu?il fallait dire la v?rit?, ne pas se r?fugier derri?re des excuses. Il ne faut pas que l??quipe arr?te car il y a des gens qui valent le coup, des sponsors exemplaires, mais moi, je n?en peux plus. C?est une trahison ? tous les niveaux. C?est un vrai ?chec. Ce sont des instants qu?on ne voudrait jamais vivre, on redoute ? chaque instant un appel de l?UCI (annon?ant une mauvaise nouvelle). Il peut tout arriver, le pire c?est que l??quipe explose.?

I'm ashamed...I think I can't do this job any longer...cycling is my life...I can't do this anymore...a mix of shame and treason...he called me, he was crying, but his explanations are not satisfactory, I told him to tell the truth

In a nutshell, the translation of Lavenu's reaction. After Houannard and Georges, the third case for AG2R. Yes Vincent, time to stop. And/or maybe time to speak.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
this is hillarious. another nail in the new clean generation coffin surely.

I mean, if a french nobody is doping in this day and age, why would anyone else be cleans.

TRENDING THREADS