• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

Semper Fidelis said:
RedheadDane said:
You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

Dan, you forgot about 'Bridget', his "wife". :p
bridgid-was the best. She had to stand up for her man. I loved that thread.

What?! I must not have been too observant of the forum when this was taking place!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

BullsFan22 said:
Semper Fidelis said:
RedheadDane said:
You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

What?! I must not have been too observant of the forum when this was taking place!

Behold:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31005

lenric said:
RedheadDane said:

---

Dude, there's no need to (try to) be a smartass.
Obviously in my first post the meaning of "simultaneously" wasn't "at the sime time". I guess it was obvious, but not for you, apparently.

But like I said in my previous post, you can still use the same computer and post simultaneously without having tp log out. If you're ignorant about how to this that's ok, but that doesn't make it impossible.

I did indeed figure out that you didn't mean at exactly the same time. My point is that there is absolutely nothing - within the rules - that can be gained by creating sockpuppets.
Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.

Which reminds me, didn't the amazing saga which culminated in the inclusion of "Bridget" start because of a 24-hour ban? He could literally just have waited...

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Beech Mtn said:
BullsFan22 said:
Semper Fidelis said:
RedheadDane said:

---

Behold:

....oh thank you , thank you for dredging that up.....there is some seriously real comedy gold in there....SF, a question, whatever happened to Maggie, she sounded like such a peach, and was definitely a keeper.....

....and btw several keyboards have been awarded as result of comments in that thread, posthumously of could, 'cause the thread is long dead and buried ( but still hilarious, drink and post, love child , indeed )....

....nice way to start the day....

Cheers

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

blutto said:
Beech Mtn said:
BullsFan22 said:
Semper Fidelis said:
RedheadDane said:

---

Behold:

....oh thank you , thank you for dredging that up.....there is some seriously real comedy gold in there....SF, a question, whatever happened to Maggie, she sounded like such a peach, and was definitely a keeper.....

....and btw several keyboards have been awarded as result of comments in that thread, posthumously of could, 'cause the thread is long dead and buried ( but still hilarious, drink and post, love child , indeed )....

....nice way to start the day....

Cheers
Maggie let me go for bigger things in her life. She was a real nice gal. I was a bit shocked to see that she had posted in my defense.

But in the end it was not my choice to make.

RedheadDane said:
Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.
Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

kingjr said:
fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:
CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.

Netserk said:
kingjr said:
fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:
Yes, they most certainly did! On more than one occasion and in more than one thread too!

fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:

Suppose that's another way to troll the forums. Have it look like two (or more) people are agreeing with some completely stupid statement, hoping that the other posters will fall into the trap of feeling the need to correct "them".

BTW: Those things I'm posting... they're not suggestions!

masking_agent is banned for 1 week for repeated doping talk in the PRR forum.

Did he (or she, I suppose) try to mask it as not being doping talk?

Netserk said:
kingjr said:
fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:

In his defense, there are so many voices in his head he can't keep track

Forever The Best said:
LaFlorecita said:
Did Andro really get permabanned for his trolling in the Contador thread? Seems kinda harsh to me.
viewtopic.php?p=2130287#p2130287
Not your average trolling offense as RR says.
Ryo got 38 bans before finally being permabanned and posted worse things, I don't understand why Andro got banned after (I assume) 1 offence.
Anyway, the mods decide.

I wasn't a mod for Ryo's period on the forum so I can't comment on that.

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.

Re:

King Boonen said:

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.
You were a user though. Did you agree with the mods' policy in Ryo's case at the time?

kingjr said:
King Boonen said:

You were a user though. Did you agree with the mods' policy in Ryo's case at the time?

I didn't have much interaction with Ryo and I didn't read many of their posts, so I don't really want to comment on something I don't know much about. If comments similar to the one that Andro made were made (very specific and frankly disgusting attacks on a user) then I would say yes, they should have been banned long ago. I've very against bans and particularly perma-bans except in certain cases, the Andro one being a good example.

Remember that mods change, attitudes/opinions change, methods change and people change. What may have been let slip in the past might be stamped down hard on now and vice versa.

King Boonen said:
kingjr said:
King Boonen said:

I didn't have much interaction with Ryo and I didn't read many of their posts, so I don't really want to comment on something I don't know much about. If comments similar to the one that Andro made were made (very specific and frankly disgusting attacks on a user) then I would say yes, they should have been banned long ago. I've very against bans and particularly perma-bans except in certain cases, the Andro one being a good example.

Remember that mods change, attitudes/opinions change, methods change and people change. What may have been let slip in the past might be stamped down hard on now and vice versa.
I understand your point, but I think some people, if they are considered part of the forum's furniture, are given significantly more leeway than others. Not on purpose, but it seems that sometimes mods are subconsciously afraid of a backlash of said users' "fans" for lack of a better word, who will inevitably insist that the banned user was a vital part of the forum and without them the forum will die (this is the extreme scenario) or at least that it will be flooded by the (imagined) legions of mindless fanboys of certain riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS