• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great ride. Glad that Cancellara this time decided not to go for a suicide last 2km attack, bringing Kwiatkowski back. Yes, I am still salty about MSR :D

Was he even scheduled to ride the Flanders? I think on the Sky website the lineup didn't include him. Hope I am wrong, or that they will change it now. He doesnt have much chance there, not with Fabian in monster form (and Boonen didnt look terrible today), but he can still put ona show

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Good ride by Kwiatko

I was worried he would focus too much on stage racing with Sky, but my fears so far seem to be misplaced. He's still racing smart, he's still doing well in the classics - even cobbled ones, and he's still attacking. What's not to like?

I think Cancellara is still a notch above everyone else, so de Ronde will be difficult this year, but at least Kwiatko showed he can compete with the best in Flanders now, fulfilling some of the potential he showed in his first Ronde. He's also showed to be able to handle a tough long race quite well in other races in the past, more so than e.g. Sagan imo, so he can be a real threat in anything with hills (with or without cobbles) the coming years! He can win in a sprint, he's a fair TT'r who can sustain an attack. He's just one of the best all rounders at the moment. :)

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Flamin said:
Very glad to see that a champion and beautiful rider like Kwiatek is also focusing on the most beautiful thing in cycling.
Gallopin's wife?

Oh my - if you start typing Tony Gallopin into google, the first suggested search that comes up is "Tony Gallopins wife"
I noticed that as well. Quite nice, she and PFP make quite the pair. Tony is a lucky man.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
damian13ster said:
Entertaining rider. Great show, but just not strong enough. Or he just really hates Kwaremont.
Might be too light for cobbles after all, but I hope he attacks and does something in LBL (attacking in AGR is pointless)
He is a class act. Him and Peter are the best thing that ever happened.

But Sagan is just a monster and would drop any rider today. Having said that, watch out for him at the Amster-FW-LBL week.

I hope Peter keeps his shape and goes there, as well. At least Amstel.

pedromiguelmartins said:
damian13ster said:
Entertaining rider. Great show, but just not strong enough. Or he just really hates Kwaremont.
Might be too light for cobbles after all, but I hope he attacks and does something in LBL (attacking in AGR is pointless)
He is a class act. Him and Peter are the best thing that ever happened.

But Sagan is just a monster and would drop any rider today. Having said that, watch out for him at the Amster-FW-LBL week.

I hope Peter keeps his shape and goes there, as well. At least Amstel.

Yes...Oh yes

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
damian13ster said:

?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
yaco said:
Cobbles are too much for Kwiatkovski in the best of company. Smart riding by Sagan to follow Kwia's wheel to make sure he dropped him on the cobbled climbs.

Kwait has not had a lot of practice that this level

I beleve he can win a cobbles classic....just needs more experience and stamina

He did win one :p

Sorry but this is 2016. Everyone specializes. Either he focuses completely on cobbles for few years, or just goes with hills. You don't win monument on your first try without much prep.

SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:

?

I just don't see a scenario in which a solo ride can win AGR. Not with this route. I think it will come down to reduced sprint with the rider who conserved most energy winning. Attacking in this case wouldn't be smart, and Kwiatkowski is one of the, if not the best, tactician out there.

Gloin22 said:
HelloDolly said:
yaco said:
Cobbles are too much for Kwiatkovski in the best of company. Smart riding by Sagan to follow Kwia's wheel to make sure he dropped him on the cobbled climbs.

Sorry but this is 2016. Everyone specializes. Either he focuses completely on cobbles for few years, or just goes with hills. You don't win monument on your first try without much prep.

That is what I said...are you contradicting me to then point out he same thing...he needs more practise
and this was in reply to those who said h shoul stick to the Ardeeenes
And he won a semi classic not a classic

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Gloin22 said:
HelloDolly said:
yaco said:

That is what I said...are you contradicting me to then point out he same thing...he needs more practise
and this was in reply to those who said h shoul stick to the Ardeeenes
And he won a semi classic not a classic

If E3 is a semi-classic, what is a classic? I realise it's gained a huge amount of prestige very recently, but cycling races have to get their prestige at some point, and E3's indisputably a major race now. If it's not, I can't see what is, unless it's used as a redundant synonym for monument.

TRENDING THREADS