• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bushman said:
I think this was better than what we are used to see from him. Has he been in the top five of a longish World Tour tt before?

But that's true of quite of lot of the top 10 finishers today, a few lesser names.

I'm excited to see him climb. Good but not too good hopefully.

TDF expectations for him? I'm assuming he'll have a free role with Velits trying to help a little on the climbs?

rghysens said:
Is he racing the tdf? I read in an interview that he would skip the tdf this year and aim for the tour of Poland. I can be wrong, though.

That was his plan before the season to focus this summer on the TdP only. But it changed, he said yesterday for a polish webite, that he wants to ride the Tour de France. It is not yet 100% but lets say 90 % :D

With the Omega TTT power the yellow jersey is possibe for him in the first week. Something more, GC fight ? I do not know, Michal is still unproven in the mountains. But if he can keep the Tirreno climbing level + his TT and TTT ... maybe another great race for us polish fans :)

Fingers crossed for him. Talked once with Michal during Polish national championships, he is a great down to earth, friendly guy.

Of course we shouldn't.

I think Michal must make a choice, about his future, and decide what is best for him. This year he was great in:

- hills ( AMstel, Fleche)
- TT (Dauphinee, ALgarve, San Luis)
- mountains , in his one and only mountain top finish with the best climbers he was only beaten by Froome, and two seconds behind Nibali, beating a lot of great climbers:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24107-
-cobbles (one of the strongest in Flandres)

That is to much , he must focus on something

sucotash said:
Of course we shouldn't.

I think Michal must make a choice, about his future, and decide what is best for him. This year he was great in:

- hills ( AMstel, Fleche)
- TT (Dauphinee, ALgarve, San Luis)
- mountains , in his one and only mountain top finish with the best climbers he was only beaten by Froome, and two seconds behind Nibali, beating a lot of great climbers:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24107-
-cobbles (one of the strongest in Flandres)

That is to much , he must focus on something

Yes, he should become a sprinter if you ask me... :p

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
This is his first race back. We may have expected more, but it's only natural to see him struggle a bit.

Can't see any point comparing it too his Tirreno result, before Tirreno MTF he had around 13 race days, which always help massively.

Michal said that took it quite easy yesterday, and did not ride close to his limits. He said thet ha went the final climb with his own pace, and he is able of much more ;)

Even for those watching the stage, crossing the line he looked easy and relaxed. For sure not like a rider who gave it all.

And also he said, that race after race he likes climbing more and more. I am confident that july in France, Italy, Poland he will be among the best riders.

sucotash said:
Michal said that took it quite easy yesterday, and did not ride close to his limits. He said thet ha went the final climb with his own pace, and he is able of much more ;)

Even for those watching the stage, crossing the line he looked easy and relaxed. For sure not like a rider who gave it all.

And also he said, that race after race he likes climbing more and more. I am confident that july in France, Italy, Poland he will be among the best riders.
If true, that is good news. And yes, he did not look like he was really wasted when he got dropped.

TRENDING THREADS