• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why not? He will not be the most watched, he is likely to be among the strongest on the climbs, he can go solo, and he can sprint better than anybody except Van Aert.

I think it's 80% van Aert.
If van Aert should be too tired, finally, Fuglsang could win with his good Danish team because the route fits him like a glove, in my opinion. He's the current LBL and Lombardia winner (if I remember right, my result memory is very bad), at Strade he was strong but went too early alone. I don't believe in a bad form of his, he should be nearing his peak with the Giro coming. His finish at Flèche last year was quite something. He's my option in case the Tour riders should in fact be a bit tired.
If it turns out to be a complete climber's race Pogacar should have this, with his good sprint at the end and his time trial abilities for the last part. But what do I know about what Pogacar can do.
My climber's but not so very much climber's choice, if Pogacar is tired or rides for Roglic only, would be Woods, who, as a former runner, could be dealing well with a course that has hardly any pause. (Okay, honestly I don't know why I rate Woods highly for this. I just do.)
The Italians have quite some cards to play, if this becomes about team strenghts and tactics.

I would not really put it past Kwiatkowski, he's well suited to this race, I just can't see him getting past my favourites here. But prove me wrong, Michal!

:hushed:

Michal Kwiatkowski (Ineos Grenadiers) broke a rib three weeks ago at the Trofeo Laigueglia. The Pole announced this on Twitter. Kwiatkowski, like Andrea Bagioli (Deceuninck - Quick-Step), went down in the final of the one-day race and had to give up. "I mainly have abrasions and hopefully nothing is broken," said the 30-year-old at the time.

At first it seemed that way, after that he completed both the Strade Bianche - where he also did not finish - as well as Tirreno-Adriatico (51st place) and on Saturday Milan-Sanremo, where the 2017 winner at the same time as winner Jasper Stuyven ( Trek - Segafredo) arrived as the last rider in the top group and finished seventeenth.

Another examination on Monday revealed that Kwiatkowski had fractured his ribs at the start of the Italian season. “Since my fall in Laigueglia, it has not been an easy Italian campaign, physically and mentally. Sleep mode is best now, ”he continued.

:hushed:

Michal Kwiatkowski (Ineos Grenadiers) broke a rib three weeks ago at the Trofeo Laigueglia. The Pole announced this on Twitter. Kwiatkowski, like Andrea Bagioli (Deceuninck - Quick-Step), went down in the final of the one-day race and had to give up. "I mainly have abrasions and hopefully nothing is broken," said the 30-year-old at the time.

At first it seemed that way, after that he completed both the Strade Bianche - where he also did not finish - as well as Tirreno-Adriatico (51st place) and on Saturday Milan-Sanremo, where the 2017 winner at the same time as winner Jasper Stuyven ( Trek - Segafredo) arrived as the last rider in the top group and finished seventeenth.

Another examination on Monday revealed that Kwiatkowski had fractured his ribs at the start of the Italian season. “Since my fall in Laigueglia, it has not been an easy Italian campaign, physically and mentally. Sleep mode is best now, ”he continued.

Wait. Team Marginal Gains didn't spot he had fractured ribs?