• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Intxausti, Nieve and probably the Henao bros. to help Mikel Landa in his assault to Il Giro d'Italia.

I personally think that the parcours will be fantastic and that the superstars will be alone in the important situations of the race, but...

¿How do you rate Sky's Giro team compared to Astaná's? ¿On the same level maybe?

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Since when is Landa supposed to be a classics rider? There is one thing he is doing well and that's climbing.

'cause Nibalis is ? :rolleyes:

i think this Lombardia suits a lot for climbers , and that's the reason 'cause nibali is the favorite. anyway, also Landa
could have its say in an another team, but he will work for Nibali

I still dont see this as a fantastic move for Landa, they allready got König, Froome, Roche and Thomas. In the end he will still end up domestieqing for Froome in the biggest races.

Hypothetically, if Landa does the Giro, he will be the new Porte for Froome in the Tour, after that he is in no shape to fight for the GC in the Vuleta.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
I still dont see this as a fantastic move for Landa, they allready got König, Froome, Roche and Thomas. In the end he will still end up domestieqing for Froome in the biggest races.

Hypothetically, if Landa does the Giro, he will be the new Porte for Froome in the Tour, after that he is in no shape to fight for the GC in the Vuleta.

He gets leadership for the Giro, gets to learn under the best GT rider in the world at the Tour, and a huge wage. It's a fantastic move with the only possible downside that the doesn't fit in with anglo centric Sky. But they've got some Spaniards there as well so it should be ok.

There's no team that would have made him the leader, with a committed team and no Tour duties, at both the Giro and the Vuelta.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Rollthedice said:
Since when is Landa supposed to be a classics rider? There is one thing he is doing well and that's climbing.
He's pretty punchy.
Contador is too. Yet he's never won Lombardia.

Let Landa first prove he can handle a tough finale after such distance.

Re:

Rollthedice said:

He is a pure climber, that is true, but he was second in Estella, just Dani Moreno beated him, and he was 5th in San Sebastian. He was young an now he is better, so I think he can do very well in Lieje, but mainly in Lombardia. He dont like short climbs.. so, if he managed to be second in Indurain, he can be much better in Lombardia, with Ghisallo plus Sormano

Re:

staubsauger said:
Michele Ferrari states on 52x12 that Landa holds the record time on the Colle delle Finestre as he topped the Di Luca - Simoni - Rujano time of 27.20 by 45 seconds!?

On climbing records Rujano is listed with a record time of 1:02.09!

Who is right!?

Most of mito"s ascent times are wrong. Trust him only in his domain...
Of course in this case, he only timed a section of the climb so he might be right about that...

Re: Re:

jens_attacks said:
staubsauger said:
Michele Ferrari states on 52x12 that Landa holds the record time on the Colle delle Finestre as he topped the Di Luca - Simoni - Rujano time of 27.20 by 45 seconds!?

On climbing records Rujano is listed with a record time of 1:02.09!

Who is right!?

Most of mito"s ascent times are wrong. Trust him only in his domain...
Of course in this case, he only timed a section of the climb so he might be right about that...
Yeah. Maybe he only timed the gravel part!? Which would still surprise me as Di Luca simply killed it there back in 2005!

Re:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1829551#p1829551 said:
staubsauger[/url]"]If he peaks for T-A, Basque, Giro and still does the Tour afterwards, he would be dead meat anyway.

Better to use the shape for Suisse or rest and rebuild for the Vuelta.

I don't think he'll peak for TA ecc . He 'll ride like Burgos .
Only Trentino and Giro he'll in top shape