• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

50tLMc3f_400x400.png

FODFEZ4XEAE30KK

1500x500

You know this race. The oldest classic, the sprinter's classic, except when it's not. Will Pogacar, Roglic and other all rounders manager to drop the sprinters on the Poggior or not? Time will tell!

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/milano-sanremo/2022/result/overview
https://www.milanosanremo.it/

EKoImWp.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport.

GBJm1R3.png

Full startlist (not yet final): https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/milano-sanremo/2022/result/startlist

Ew5-jj4WEAAQSdC

Last edited:
An interesting trivia, no Pogačar at local bookie's offer.
And there's only the winner to bet on.
Wonder if high odds can be gotten for a non-listed rider.

Racing wise, whether the Poggio is the place where climber(s) can drop the rest certainly is the day's enigma.

Reactions: Sandisfan
There is absolutely no way that a chasing group catches Pogacar, there is also absolutely no way that anyone not from Jumbo can follow him. That leaves us with three potential winners, Ewan's odds with the bookmakers are ridiculously short. Normally we get a thrilling, unpredictable final 20 minutes here, I don't see it at all this year.

• Wow
There is absolutely no way that a chasing group catches Pogacar, there is also absolutely no way that anyone not from Jumbo can follow him. That leaves us with three potential winners, Ewan's odds with the bookmakers are ridiculously short. Normally we get a thrilling, unpredictable final 20 minutes here, I don't see it at all this year.
Ewan was 2nd over the Poggio last year when they did it in 5'51.

I believe that positioning going into the Poggio is even more critical than normally

No JA really changes this race, he's always the one to blow it up on Poggio, and everyone is waiting for him. Pogacar will now probably attack earlier, but I think his best chance is a reduced sprint, no chance he drops everyone on Poggio.

Ewan was 2nd over the Poggio last year when they did it in 5'51.

I believe that positioning going into the Poggio is even more critical than normally
I can see Pogacar breaking the climb record if the tailwind is as expected. And as much as Ewan can peak for this race, replicating what he did last year will be difficult, it's comfortably the best he's ever climbed here or anywhere.

I can see Pogacar breaking the climb record if the tailwind is as expected. And as much as Ewan can peak for this race, replicating what he did last year will be difficult, it's comfortably the best he's ever climbed here or anywhere.
Yeah Id give Ewan an okay shot without a big tailwind. With it I think its very hard to crest the Poggio with Pog and WvA.

An interesting scenario could be Pog going early on the Poggio and WvA suckwheeling him and Pog then not really riding anymore. Roglic would be an asset to Van Aert in literally every situation here.

Finally I dont think Pog is likely to hold a gap of a few seconds on the descent over a guy like WvA

Reactions: Devil's Elbow

TRENDING THREADS