• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 206 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After watching the Netflix docu and seeing Grischa Niermann answer the doping questions and seeing Jonas' reaction of his TTT (like "I was crazy quick on the flat"), I am really intrigued by the motor doping theory. What if Jumbo preps like the TTT bikes with some fancy new mega next level motor, that is undetectable, just for a few watts, and doesn't even tells it to the riders. That would be insane. But watch Grischa wenn he says "I would have to kill you" for the what's your secret ... I mean, he is no actor, his whole expression just looked super akward.
Just dropping it. It's a theory,,,

Nicholas Raudenski gets his snitch program - is there talk in the peloton?
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uc...owers-pro-riders-banned-from-under-23-worlds/
The UCI has announced that it will offer financial incentives in a bid to encourage whistleblowers to provide information on the use of motors in cycling.

The governing body outlined the details of its ‘rewards programme’ for information on technological fraud on Friday after the scheme was ratified by the UCI Management Committee at the Road World Championships in Zürich this week.

“The aim of the programme will be to encourage people with information on this subject to share it – confidentially – with the UCI in exchange for a financial reward,” the UCI said. A whistleblowing programme with possible financial rewards was previously initiated across all sports by the World Anti-Doping Agency in 2016. This new UCI policy, specific to technological fraud in cycling, was outlined in a document published on Friday, which stated that information to help target testing and investigations would be “facilitated through financial motivation, assistance, and/or reward for information".

• Wow
Reactions: Andre
They need informants? Just test the bikes no?
They do and often (see https://velo.outsideonline.com/road...ests-for-technological-fraud-and-anti-doping/ for example), but have n't found even a AA battery yet.

Maybe this is turning into one of those great "bogey men" scares that keep a few people in well paid jobs and always the threat of a possibility that someone stupid enough to try racing with a motor, will keep the UCI busy and "fighting the good fight" - "never found a motor!" :)

Reactions: Andre