• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Movistar

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Graham_S

BANNED
Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Lanark said:
No. Luckily we have plenty of other results that prove Movistar is a complete joke. The 2012 Tour had the effect that many of us feared.

I can understand results raising concerns, but they don't actually prove anything.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think there is no anti-doping control for Valverde after this race. Or ?

As some people noticed, he just put 15 seconds over 7km in to Sir Bradley :D

EnacheV said:

Sir Brad was done with road cycling by the end of 2012.

Everything normal with Valverde's performance.

Valverde: ''Primera CRI con la nueva cabra; estreno inmejorable'' which by other words means, Canyon > Pinarello.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
BigMac said:
Sir Brad was done with road cycling by the end of 2012.

Everything normal with Valverde's performance.

Valverde: ''Primera CRI con la nueva cabra; estreno inmejorable'' which by other words means, Canyon > Pinarello.

damn, i didn't thought about motors in bikes, nice catch :D

i think this competes for the lamest doping excuses thread.

EnacheV said:

Yeah or like that time when Cavendish won a 2km prologue with a few seconds. He would have won with more than a minute if it had been 50km

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Valverde has always owned these smaller Spanish races. Take a look at his palmares. This is a guy who even with a 2 year gap has amassed more cq points or uci points than any other active rider and iirc more cq points than anyone since records began.

Nothing new.

Pretty much thought the same thing. Just take a look at the last couple years of just this race. Valverde's won the overall plus stages. Plus it's February, not everyone's in form quite yet.

Valverde probably doping of course, but today's in no way a giant red flag of it.

Valverde is at his level. Nothing to question here. Sir Brad on the other hand is not. No surprise, it's the first race of the season. I really don't see the point in this topic.

As for Movi as a team, it remains to be seen if they applied the same advanced science and hard work as Sky and become a real contender in races that matter.

Rollthedice said:
Valverde is at his level. Nothing to question here. Sir Brad on the other hand is not. No surprise, it's the first race of the season. I really don't see the point in this topic.

As for Movi as a team, it remains to be seen if they applied the same advanced science and hard work as Sky and become a real contender in races that matter.

This post speaks the truth.

Rollthedice said:

Well they've been doing something right given that they won the World Tour last year and had strong performances in the grand tours. Dowsett said in an interview that he kept hearing the word ''Sky'' during last year's Movistar training camps and team meetings.

Brailsford has hinted in some recent interviews that other teams have caught up with them.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Rollthedice said:

how do you know valverde is at his level and wiggins is not ? you have a crystal ball ?

Idk, some climber putting 15 secs over a 7km prologue in to Wiggins seems to me like an extremely ridiculous thing. No matter at what levels they are.

EnacheV said:
how do you know valverde is at his level and wiggins is not ? you have a crystal ball ?

Idk, some climber putting 15 secs over a 7km prologue in to Wiggins seems to me like an extremely ridiculous thing. No matter at what levels they are.

What? Froome is a climber too, and guess what, he's a beast time trialist. Valverde isn't, but he is a decent time trialist.

To the bolded, I can only say: Precisely, it is just 7k!

;)

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Now i remember the ITT and GC destruction in San Luis early this year.

2014 will be the first year, after a long time, when a team wins 2+ GT's, and it won't be Sky :D

Rollthedice said:

^^^^^This^^^^^

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Mikkel Condé v2.0 @mrconde
Follow

You know Valverde is flying when he puts in 14 sec on Wiggins in a flat prologue, just coming off "some days with high fever after Dubai".

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:
Mikkel Condé v2.0 @mrconde
Follow

You know Valverde is flying when he puts in 14 sec on Wiggins in a flat prologue, just coming off "some days with high fever after Dubai".

no one thinks Valverde is clean.

now, maybe you could explain how this uberdoper Valverde got destroyed so badly by the clean Froome in the tour last year?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
no one thinks Valverde is clean.

now, maybe you could explain how this uberdoper Valverde got destroyed so badly by the clean Froome in the tour last year?

idk how doped was valverde last year

for sure he didn't obliterate people in flat TT's last year so i guess he wasnt doping so hard.