• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 419 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For some reason I thought Wild Side was on the Dr. Feelgood album, but after checking it's not, it's on Girls, Girls, Girls. Regardless, Wild Side is a kickass song, as is the whole Dr. Feelgood album that came later. (Along with GNR's Appetite for Destruction and Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime Dr. Feelgood was in heavy rotation when I used to ride a stationary bike like mad back in the 80s. :tearsofjoy:)

Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
Out of all the metal/heavy rock bands of the 80s & 90s, Motley Crue was probably the one I listened to the most. In fact, I went to one of their concerts here in Denver, which was a little too "wild" for me. Lol.

Surprisingly enough, they've been touring the last couple of years headlining with Def Leppard in some cases. In 2022, legendary Mick Mars announced his retirement to health reasons & was replaced by renowned guitarist John 5, who played in Rob Zombie's band (though Mars has a lawsuit against the band for what he says was an unjustified firing).

TBH, the band's performance these days isn't all that great. Vince Neil sounds terrible & looks unhealthy. Tommy Lee & Nikki Six are way past their prime. IMO, John 5 & their "dancing girls" are keeping the band afloat. Lol

View: https://youtu.be/zeke12Hz2cM?si=7E10CxGKtrkEgUYg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Out of all the metal/heavy rock bands of the 80s & 90s, Motley Crue was probably the one I listened to the most. In fact, I went to one of their concerts here in Denver, which was a little too "wild" for me. Lol.

Surprisingly enough, they've been touring the last couple of years headlining with Def Leppard in some cases. In 2022, legendary Mick Mars announced his retirement to health reasons & was replaced by renowned guitarist John 5, who played in Rob Zombie's band (though Mars has a lawsuit against the band for what he says was an unjustified firing).

TBH, the band's performance these days isn't all that great. Vince Neil sounds terrible & looks unhealthy. Tommy Lee & Nikki Six are way past their prime. IMO, John 5 & their "dancing girls" are keeping the band afloat. Lol

View: https://youtu.be/zeke12Hz2cM?si=7E10CxGKtrkEgUYg
Agree Vince Neil looks like he could lose a few pounds, and Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx look like they fully lived the rock-n-roll lifestyle. Eh, at least they are still alive! lol

I've never been to a Crue concert (or any other big arena concert except for INXS and Lollapalooza back when Michael Hutchence and Layne Staley were both still alive)... I think Crue always had dancing girls, except they looked more raunchy and more like strippers back in the 80s? The current crop, while still sexy and sexually suggestive, seems a lot more coordinated and professional. (It's almost like I'm watching a Madonna video and I expect them to break into vogueing at any moment, or something like that. 🤣)

Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
Agree Vince Neil looks like he could lose a few pounds, and Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx look like they fully lived the rock-n-roll lifestyle. Eh, at least they are still alive! lol

I've never been to a Crue concert (or any other big arena concert except for INXS and Lollapalooza back when Michael Hutchence and Layne Staley were both still alive)... I think Crue always had dancing girls, except they looked more raunchy and more like strippers back in the 80s? The current crop, while still sexy and sexually suggestive, seems a lot more coordinated and professional. (It's almost like I'm watching a Madonna video and I expect them to break into vogueing at any moment, or something like that. 🤣)
Their ladies were called the nasty habits back in the '80s...the name says it all! I saw Motley several times between 85 and 89. The firs time with Ozzy in the old Spokane Coliseum.

Vince looks like he ate Vince now! Mick is in terrible shape due to his severe arthritis.

Were you at the gorge at George the year that it was REALLY dusty and hot...then they sprayed water and it was a mud pit? My favorite local band that year was Mojo Danger.

Their ladies were called the nasty habits back in the '80s...the name says it all! I saw Motley several times between 85 and 89. The firs time with Ozzy in the old Spokane Coliseum.

Vince looks like he ate Vince now! Mick is in terrible shape due to his severe arthritis.

Were you at the gorge at George the year that it was REALLY dusty and hot...then they sprayed water and it was a mud pit? My favorite local band that year was Mojo Danger.
Are you thinking Lollapoolaza 1993 when AiC (Layne Staley) still even halfway participated?

Reactions: jmdirt
Catching up on what I had missed when my friends and I left Lollapalooza early back in '93...

jmd, did you stick around or see AiC? (We stuck around for maybe a couple of songs and then we left.) Was Layne Staley drugged out of his mind? I think Staley definitely was the voice of AiC, but without Jerry Cantrell AiC wouldn't have been AiC either.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPizlmLHzQ

Reactions: Nomad and jmdirt
Catching up on what I had missed when my friends and I left Lollapalooza early back in '93...

jmd, did you stick around or see AiC? (We stuck around for maybe a couple of songs and then we left.) Was Layne Staley drugged out of his mind? I think Staley definitely was the voice of AiC, but without Jerry Cantrell AiC wouldn't have been AiC either.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPizlmLHzQ
LS was always drugged out of his mind, but he had a unique voice for sure.

LS was always drugged out of his mind, but he had a unique voice for sure.
I think you can definitely tell the doom rock influence on AiC from bands such as Black Sabbath and whatnot, but Staley did have a good voice of his own. I think he was actually a very good singer because he had the range and nuance (such as it was during the grunge years), too bad heroin did him in.

Reactions: jmdirt