• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 142 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Amador should be left out. Might need longer time to recover. Plus there is no TTT and he is not a pure climber. So there is not really a good reason to take him.
he sure as hell is better than ventoso in everything except sprinting. and he will recover. look at majka in 2014 tour

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:
Amador should be left out. Might need longer time to recover. Plus there is no TTT and he is not a pure climber. So there is not really a good reason to take him.
he sure as hell is better than ventoso in everything except sprinting. and he will recover. look at majka in 2014 tour

No he is not. Ventoso is better as a so called "bodyguard", the guy who protects leader from the wind, gives him shelter all the time, and pilots him in the real fast and flat stages, I guess him and Erviti are going to fill that role

Re: Re:

Mr.White said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

No he is not. Ventoso is better as a so called "bodyguard", the guy who protects leader from the wind, gives him shelter all the time, and pilots him in the real fast and flat stages, I guess him and Erviti are going to fill that role

Good point, but lets keep this in the Movistar-thread, guys.

Can't wait for Route du Sud. Fortunately its a MTF so he can go all out if he prefers.

While Quintana's principal rivals are battling their war of watts and words, and believing the opponent they're fighting against is July reference they're looking for, he can warm his engine up in peace.
Both Froome and Contador are in fallacy if they think the other one was the opponent to meet before the Tour. It would have been more useful for them if they've sized themselves up against Quintana.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be most unwise for them to seek out Quintana in the remote mountains of Colombia instead of doing the Dauphine, though you may well be right that those mountains make for a convenient location for warming up the engine in peace.

Quintana is a known quantity. He will likely be at least as good as last year. Froome has indicated that he aims to be stronger in the third week than he was previously. That's about all he can do.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
I think it would be most unwise for them to seek out Quintana in the remote mountains of Colombia instead of doing the Dauphine, though you may well be right that those mountains make for a convenient location for warming up the engine in peace.

Quintana is a known quantity. He will likely be at least as good as last year. Froome has indicated that he aims to be stronger in the third week than he was previously. That's about all he can do.
Froome and Contador may be making fatal mistake concentrating on each other, that's all I'm saying.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Coffee breaks Nairo style:

"Training with music from my homeland, thanks to these artists. They are also part of the #SueñoAmarillo"

coffeewithNairo_zpsupfjn2qn.jpg

(Apologies, can't embed it)

https://twitter.com/NairoQuinCo/status/740219135246934020

Just watched Sport Insiders... A nice insight in his background and significance for the people.
Maybe slightly PR oriented statements in interviews, but it's ES production and they have to build euphoria for their main July product.
I wonder how the hell preparing at home is preparing in peace besides all those fans?

Re:

sir fly said:
While Quintana's principal rivals are battling their war of watts and words, and believing the opponent they're fighting against is July reference they're looking for, he can warm his engine up in peace.
Both Froome and Contador are in fallacy if they think the other one was the opponent to meet before the Tour. It would have been more useful for them if they've sized themselves up against Quintana.

I like you, just my thoughts. Let them play their psychical, tactical and mental games, meanwhile Quintana will slowly get in the action in Sud and prepare meticulously without all the nonsensical Contador/Froome stuff.

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Valv.Piti said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
man nairo must be laughing his *** off in colombia right now, froome and contador trying to kill each other 4 weeks before the tour starts :eek:

And at Contador. He knows its a 2 man race.

Haha, exactly. Definitely a 2 man race.

Anyway i think that Nairo has chosen for the right TdF preparations. La Route du Sud is an excellent choice to warm up for the TdF. If he, and the whole Movistar for that matter, can keep Froome and his Sky quiet for the large part of the first 1 1/2 week or so things would startin lookin good. In the final and third week Nairo will destroy the whole field, i've got no doubts about that. He is looking so much more confident and stronger than last year..that final week is gonna be huge.