• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 91 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
don't worrie. movistar and quintana won't settele for 2nd place. also can anyone post the exact time of climb on tuesday? want to calculate quintana's watt per kg as that must've been sky high with him being 52 kg

Froomey 40'43" over 15.3km
quick calculation based on quintana being 60 kg including bike is 6,4 watt per kg weight!!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Netserk said:
ILovecycling said:
#TDF2015 Stage 10.
La Pierre Saint Martin (14.89 km, 7.72 %, 1150 m)
Nairo Quintana: 41 min 58 sec, 21.29 Kph, VAM 1644 m/h, 5.93 W/kg [DrF]

dont look at w/kg, I think he calculated it with 54 kg :D
DrF is standardized for weight...
yes, so they make every rider 70 kg which completely makes the whole calculation useless. they should do per rider weight then you get a much better picture, like I did

Quintana needs to step up his game in the 3rd week.With this type of accelerations Froome won't be dropped ever,not even G. I think he'll get better and Froome might fade a bit.But Movistar tactics aren't looking too impressive either,they should try something else.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With the long valleys, and the strenth of SKY it was right not to risk an early attack. Everyone seemed to be much closer to SKYs performance today, than they were at Saint Martin. With Contador, Nibali, Quintana there are three guys left that don't care for second place. Plus Valverde.

Nairo handled Froomes acceleration well, never lost his wheel. Surely he was careful, not to get counter attacked and maybe eased up early, when he saw Thomas chasing. I'm convinced SKY will fade in the alps and Nairo will outclimb everyone. Stages 18-20 will be fun.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Lol Ryo. Who cares what numbers you can do. It's about how fast you can go that matters. No one thinks a 50kg climber doing 0.05W/kg more than a 65kg rider, but climbing slower, is impressive.
obviously it matters because watt per kg weight means how strong you can climb, especially the steeper because of gravity

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Eclipse said:
He was good today but 3m is unassailable. Needed to actually take some time back
of course not. one relative bad day and 3 minutes are gone. they have valverde as extra joker and sky already were less today because no rest day and flat stage towards final climb

Re:

hrotha said:
It's tragic but hilarious that Ryo still hasn't realized how conservative Quintana and Movistar are.
I have said it from the beginning of the Tour. Quintana have said it as well in news in Colombia. At least that's what I have understood. Keep repeating the same. His plan is to be glued to Froome's wheel. And try to jump him if he can. That did not work out very well the first day. Froome was too fast. But he also said to be waiting for third week and see if Froome is weaker. He is probably going to try harder on the third week.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Eclipse said:
He was good today but 3m is unassailable. Needed to actually take some time back

With only two out and out mountain stages to come in the alps, his chance was today. Sky can control it from here. valderde has not be utilised to full effect as well. If Movistar thought they could bridge the gap they would have today. So long as Froome has Porte and G for support Quintana will struggle to break away.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
hrotha said:
It's tragic but hilarious that Ryo still hasn't realized how conservative Quintana and Movistar are.
pls tell me what they could've done today?
get rid of all Sky domestics except G and Porte on Lers, than attack like they did but on the bottom of Beille.

Good ride today tho.
VAMOS Nairito!