• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Flamin said:
I like Nairito a lot, but these excuses are getting kind of tiresome. He's been subpar all year so far compared to last year, simple as that.

subpar? did you see him in san luis? and he only did 3 races, which where in march, which is far from the giro.

Flamin said:
Again, no, that's not what I mean. I'm sure you would get it if it was Purito instead of Quintana though ;)
Then I would ofc be of the same opinion. I don't think it's an excuse that he had two broken ribs and thus did so bad before he retired. When you make stuff up, or make it sound far worse than it is, or just use it to cover for something else, then it's an excuse.

Netserk said:
Then I would ofc be of the same opinion. I don't think it's an excuse that he had two broken ribs and thus did so bad before he retired. When you make stuff up, or make it sound far worse than it is, or just use it to cover for something else, then it's an excuse.

Whether the illness is real or not, the point is that he's been ill for more than a week now (and we've been reminded to it every single day by his team), but nevertheless he has been climbing with the best riders.

If he was clearly hurt, fine by me, but he's not, so yes it's getting tiresome imo.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Just realised something:
Quintana is living (together with Sergio Henao) in a flat owned by Uran.
So... basically Quintana is in the process of ripping the Pink Jersey off his landlord!

The rent might go up a fair bit after today!