• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 379 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
How are we going to forget the Four hobbits that saved Middle Earth!
I don’t remember why this numerology thing came in the Nairo thread, but it got me thinking about which number is most representative of various sports. In that regard there’s nothing like the magical number 3 in American baseball:
3 strikes is an out, 3 outs per inning, 9 innings, 9 players to a side, 90 feet between the bases, 60 feet, 6 inches between the pitcher’s mound and home, and probably some others I’m forgetting . . .
ed. Circumference of a baseball = 6 inches

Last edited:
I don’t remember why this numerology thing came in the Nairo thread, but it got me thinking about which number is most representative of various sports. In that regard there’s nothing like the magical number 3 in American baseball:
3 strikes is an out, 3 outs per inning, 9 innings, 9 players to a side, 90 feet between the bases, 60 feet, 6 inches between the pitcher’s mound and home, and probably some others I’m forgetting . . .
The biggest 3 in baseball

9225d7eaf76d87098cab683f3ee5d1d5.jpg

Pellizoti is one I think. I am sure there are quite a few more.

I don't think ProConti counts.

Danilo Hondo did it before the WT existed.
Ángel Vicioso rode for a few teams in-between his time at Kelme and Katusha. Rubé Plaza also rode for a conti team in-between his two Abarca stays.

Ion Aberasturi also returned to the WT after 8 years of waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS