• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National championships June 2021

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Norsgaard must be feeling blue now. Hopefully Dideriksen has found good shape following Trek's altitude training camp, so she will be ready for the Olympics. Longo Borghini got something out of the trip as well.

Christine Majerus did her usual thing on home soil.

Danish commentators explaining, that the reason so many WT riders are taking part in the championships, is because the Danish federation has put together a "WT package", that includes hotel, mechanic and car, in order to make it easier for the WT riders to take part, without having to worry about the logistics.

Meanwhile, Kron has attacked from the peloton, with 134K to go, in a group of 8 riders :eek:

Reactions: Sandisfan
Danish commentators explaining, that the reason so many WT riders are taking part in the championships, is because the Danish federation has put together a "WT package", that includes hotel, mechanic and car, in order to make it easier for the WT riders to take part, without having to worry about the logistics.

I guess that's why they didn't have money left for proper route planning :p
Hopefully the race will be hard, so there won't be a big group left to contest the finish.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Sone big engines in the break in Italy, but with those climbs still to come and under 5min of advantage with 110km to go they won't stand a chance:
Mattia Viel, Matteo Malucelli (Androni-Sidermec), Mirco Maestri, Alessandro Tonelli, Samuele Zoccarato (Bardiani-CSF-Faizanè), Simone Bevilacqua (Vini Zabù), Federico Burchio (Work Service-Marchiol-Dynatek), Matteo Baseggio (General Store F.lli Curia-Essegibi), Alexander Konychev (BikeExchange), Niccolò Bonifazio (Total Direct Energie), Daniel Smarzaro (D'Amico UM Tools), Edoardo Affini (Jumbo-Visma), Manuele Tarozzi

Intro interview with Mads P:

"The tough part of the route is the the first half, the second half is easier, but on wet, winding roads, it will be difficult.
"I dunno it is a big advantage to have 5 riders here (most of any WT team), as the Danish conti teams ride hard, and competing with a team of 15 guys is not easy".
"The finish is tailor-made for Kamp, so as opposed to last year, we are not only riding for me".
"Yes I want the jersey, but as long as it's a Trek rider, I am happy".

TRENDING THREADS