• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Denver's secondary threw away a sure win.

Rushing three, eight in coverage and what do you get? Touchdown.

Crazy game. I guess weird stuff happens when it's this cold.

See how OT goes...

What an incredible game, and maybe the grittiest win of Ray Lewis storied career. We can talk about PMs last pass, but let's give credit to the Ravens, several times they looked like they were about left for dead, and they refused to quit and just willed themselves to fight on. Just an amazing win.

SF-GB very entertaining as well so far.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
OTOH, Peyton couldn´t even win with the help of 2 return touchdowns, but he choose to give BAL one too. ;)
And in the end he did a Favre like game ender: A stupid INT. Every rookie QB is told not to throw back across the field.
Peyton, i knew it, you are a playoff choker. :D
May he is not overrated (b/c of his regular seasons), but he certainly is overpaid by at least 12 million dollar per year. Even Tebow won his first PO-Game in DEN. I mean Tebow! :eek:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
This was one of those incredibly rare games where the word "awesome" doesn't even come remotely close to expressing what went down!! :cool::D

I have not enjoyed a game as much since the Skins blew out the Broncs in '88. I mean it! (I didn't see the '92 game). And I have never watched a game under anything approaching similar circumstances.

I left Amsterdam yesterday morning at 6:30 after three hours sleep, drove through four countries, saw bright sunshine on the way down and hours of snow on the way back, did 1390 kms in around 18 hours, staying just long enough in Strasbourg to have a local sauerkraut delicacy, arriving back home absolutely shattered and square eyed around 1 am this morning.

Went straight to the tivo without going near the web. I had programmed manually because previous games on auto record had cut off before the end and I wasn't gonna get fooled again. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

My extended recording stopped around five mins in OT - after the Ravens had tied it with that unbelievable bomb with seconds to go, I began thinking that some kind of divine intervention was going on here to help Ray Ray get to the SB, so I wasn't entirely surprised to see the result when I went to check. I tivoed the OT while I slept and watched that after I got up. I don't even feel bad about my picks being being 0 for 2.

Foxxy, can you explain this bet you had, I don't understand? I'm sure you enjoyed Peyton throwing the pick that led to the winning FG.:D

Finding it very difficult to work up any enthusiasm for today's games....last night truly had everything you could ever expect from an all time classic, including the insane temperature it was played in!

Of course, no one will give the Ravens any chance against the Pats but I'm now backing them to go all the way. They're on a mission for Ray.....

I for one give the Ravens a chance against the Pats. That win yesterday was something special. Ray Lewis is something special, and in the backs of their minds they have to feel they have unfinished business against New England from last year.

But first, the Pats have to get past the Texans.

Kaep was indeed impressive. Earlier in the season they showed him tossing a 50+ bomb and the speed on the ball was something like 65mph. That's a lot for a football.

Funny how the Broncos don't go any further in the playoffs with Peyton than they did with Tebow a year ago. :D

The coaching carousel is in full swing now that a few teams have been eliminated...
- Browns about to name ex-Bolt Norv Turner as their OC (old news)
- Cards looking at Broncos OC McCoy
- Chargers will interview Bengals OC Jay Gruden
But so far noone wants to take the Jets GM job. Hmmmm.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
I had programmed manually because previous games on auto record had cut off before the end and I wasn't gonna get fooled again. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

My extended recording stopped around five mins in OT

Foxxy, can you explain this bet you had, I don't understand? I'm sure you enjoyed Peyton throwing the pick that led to the winning FG.:D

LOL. Never forget OT possibilities, so better skip the 1st Qtrs. :D

Oh yes, i enjoyed it, since i basically saved face for yet another year, because for years i tell that Peyton is a big big playoff choker. He didn´t disappoint me. I was watching & thinking on every down in the OT: "Now comes the INT, now comes the INT (actually i took longer than i thought, so i had some nervous finger biting in between :D)".
Man, he was worse than expected. 3 turnovers, ill advised throws, wobbled balls, etc... Not even 2 return TDS could help him out. His effieciency was awful, he was sacked (on per play basis) more than in the RS. In short: He was as always in the playoffs: Bad.
Anyway, my bet was still kind of crazy, b/c i was betting straight. But i trusted myself. Straight means i didn´t pick against the line (AFIR, it was 9.5), but "just" an BAL win. That´s why i got that high pay-out quote (BTW, i was a little confused yesterday, i got "only" 1:3.2, not 3.8; that one i´ll get tonight for the Texans win).

Alpe d'Huez said:
But first, the Pats have to get past the Texans.

Kaep was indeed impressive. Earlier in the season they showed him tossing a 50+ bomb and the speed on the ball was something like 65mph. That's a lot for a football.

Yep. The game isn´t in the pocket. Brady isn´t the 2001-2004 version anymore. He´s more like PM since then (and everybody knows it, but won´t admit).

65 mph? Wow. That´s better than Toby Korrodi in his famous scouting combine showing. I love strong armed QB´s. He´s my new guy since RG3 is seemingly done.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Funny how the Broncos don't go any further in the playoffs with Peyton than they did with Tebow a year ago

Yep. I realized it too. Just funny. LOL.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Man, that was some last minute! Glad I wasn't a fan of one of the teams.

Wow! Watta thriller. And i had bet on SEA. :mad:
Anyway, still a good weekend for me (2 out of 3, plus last week 3.5 out of 4). Now the Texans will upset the Patriots.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Man, that was some last minute! Glad I wasn't a fan of one of the teams.

I am a Seattle fan and while my friends were jumping up and down I reminded them that a field goal was close. "If they don't harass the QB we will be killed by their tight end". Seattle's defensive coordinator retreated to the first quarter's strategy for 20+painfull seconds....Russell Wilson couldn't do all of it but he was definitely the best player on the field today.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Impressive: Brady throws a long TD, Belichik looks up 1 second, "thinks, hmm, ok", goes back to talk to his players.

Hope it stays like that and NE finally wins a SB as high powered offense. I´d love it...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
thirteen said:
no $hit!

who are we rooting for to play Ray and gang on our way to the SuperBowl?

My plan is to seriously root for two miracles - a minor one in Foxboro, call it 'revenge for Ray', and the major one that will be required for Atlanta to beat the Niners. Kaep is frightening, don't want to face that kid!

Four really good games, one of which was a classic, what more can a fan ask? (Ok, you can ask for your team to still be in it, but you all know what I mean.)

Ok, so then the Ravens face Atlanta and win the SB. That's the plan.:cool:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
My wish is New England vs. Atlanta for the SB. The two best coaches would meet.
But to save me from disapointments, i´ll bet heavily on BAL and SF.
Like i did last year with the NYG.
:)