• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 320 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

on3m@n@rmy said:
Nomad said:
Who's asking you to believe me? You're the pretentious one and the resident expert on all things NFL...right? But this is an example of your imperious attitude on a different opinion offered that doesn't coincide with your position..
Riiiight. Sounds like the pot calling the Kettle black. And those of us here in agreement upthread on Smith all disagree with you. So who's the one with imperious attitude on different opinion? You can check in your HS participation award from 4 decades ago in at your next logon along with your attitude.
My attitude? Too funny...you're the Internet NFL Commando. So, who uses this as a platform in demonstrating their superiority, professed knowledge, and as an opportunity to criticize someone with an opposing view? Hint: it ain't me. Lol. And "those of us here in agreement on the upthread on Smith?" Who's "all of us?" What...maybe 4 or 5 regular posters? That would be an example of "groupthink" among a close-knit group of posters. And there are people on other NFL discussion forums that think the gunslinger will get a chance to start sometime this year. Just imagine that; fans not happy with Smith. And now you have Kizer, a 2nd rounder, starting...which makes the situation in KC even more laughable. Real nice situation; Trubisky, Watson & Kizer will all be playing while the 10th OA sits behind the playoff choker. Lol. And what's with wisecrack on my HS playing days? I also played a few years of D-2 college ball before lnjuries ended it all...big deal. But I don’t come on here acting like pundit with a self-aggrandizing style.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
blutto said:
....two words....Cooper....Rush.....

Cheers
Wow. You called it. Just watched the rerun vs Raiders.

....yeah ....Dallas just may have hit pay-dirt again eh....he really seems to have adapted to the NFL speed and looks right on top of it ( which I think is what does in a lot of the great metrics but really can't play guys....that speed transition from college...)....

...btw if interested in this idea of how appropriate temporal abilities for specific tasks is the secret behind the superstars you may want to look up a book called The Sweet Spot in Time.....

Cheers

blutto said:
on3m@n@rmy said:
blutto said:
....two words....Cooper....Rush.....

Cheers
Wow. You called it. Just watched the rerun vs Raiders.

....yeah ....Dallas just may have hit pay-dirt again eh....he really seems to have adapted to the NFL speed and looks right on top of it ( which I think is what does in a lot of the great metrics but really can't play guys....that speed transition from college...)....

...btw if interested in this idea of how appropriate temporal abilities for specific tasks is the secret behind the superstars you may want to look up a book called The Sweet Spot in Time.....

Cheers
Well you piqued my curiosity with Sweet Spot in Time. Must check it out.

Back to Rush, DVR & fast fwd's great but not sure I saw all his snaps. The snaps I did see, there is only one throw that I thought he might want back. Otherwise, good decisions, pretty accurate, and the thing most impressive was placement with all those back-shoulder throws. Good pocket presence, plus he can scoot if necessary. And he looked comfortable. Kellen Moore has looked pretty decent when I've seen him, but do not recall Kellen looking that good. Put this way, if Rush does not make their roster (would surprise if doesn't) some team will likely pick him up. Not sure I can say same about Moore.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Blutto: bought the book, 2 bucks on Amazon.

Niners trade TE Vance McDonald to Steelers for a 4th round pick.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ded-to-pittsburgh-steelers-for-4th-round-pick

....cool....geez hope you like it.....btw was reading that book at the same time I was reading The Dancing Wu-Li Masters ( which is an interesting examination of the similarities btwn the mind sets of ancient mystic sects and modern physicists...in it there is this bit by David Bell and David Bohm where they talk about man's ability to perceive time....the two books clicked on that point....kinda hard to explain in a quick post so you may have also go get the other book too, sorry....but it is a great read and you should have that one too....bit of trivia Bohm/Bell "invented" tachyons in a thought experiment, tachyons being the mysterious things that pop-up everywhere in Star Trek ....)....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

movingtarget said:

....can kinda see his point and that is a pretty gutsy move....it certainly has soured my feeling about watching ....though not quite at the level where I'm calling it the National Concussion League, as some of my friends do, but....that being said not unlike a similar problem that is currently plaguing the NHL....and to put the souring comment into perspectice, a lot like the way the doping issues have impacted my interest in pro-cycling, I still watch, but don't seek it out as enthusiastically as I used to ( and at one point I was a pretty big fan...as I also was of football )....

Cheers

blutto said:
movingtarget said:

....can kinda see his point and that is a pretty gutsy move....it certainly has soured my feeling about watching ....though not quite at the level where I'm calling it the National Concussion League, as some of my friends do, but....that being said not unlike a similar problem that is currently plaguing the NHL....and to put the souring comment into perspectice, a lot like the way the doping issues have impacted my interest in pro-cycling, I still watch, but don't seek it out as enthusiastically as I used to ( and at one point I was a pretty big fan...as I also was of football )....

Cheers

Yes sport is best enjoyed when you are young and innocent, .........then reality sets in and it's never the same.

movingtarget said:
blutto said:
movingtarget said:

Cheers

Yes sport is best enjoyed best when you are young and innocent, .........then reality sets in and it's never the same.
Well, thanks for those posts & comments you two. Ballsy for sure & props for Ed taking a stand. Rules, the way the game is played, coaching, and maybe age limits for youth are going to have to change more. Lots of possibilities to consider. I would not say Ed's decision is the first domino to fall, but more like a beloved patriot at its base. Now many 7-figured salaried players walking away at once would be something.

Along with young & innocent, a word that could be added is invincible.

blutto said:
on3m@n@rmy said:
Blutto: bought the book, 2 bucks on Amazon.

....cool....geez hope you like it.....btw was reading that book at the same time I was reading The Dancing Wu-Li Masters ( which is an interesting examination of the similarities btwn the mind sets of ancient mystic sects and modern physicists...in it there is this bit by David Bell and David Bohm where they talk about man's ability to perceive time....the two books clicked on that point....kinda hard to explain in a quick post so you may have also go get the other book too, sorry....but it is a great read and you should have that one too....bit of trivia Bohm/Bell "invented" tachyons in a thought experiment, tachyons being the mysterious things that pop-up everywhere in Star Trek ....)....

Cheers
Time & space. Those are things I have casual academic interest in. Including quantum physics, entanglements (spooky action at distance), etc, but stopping short of belief in existence of alternate universes. However, I keep my mind open on that one too. Who knows? Maybe in some other universe there is a really bad version of guys like Brady/Rogers, LOL.

movingtarget said:
jmdirt said:
movingtarget said:
jmdirt said:
I wonder if Os regrets leaving Den?

A month ago he was expected to be the Browns starter.
Is that your answer? If I ask what your favorite color is would you say 4? :lol:

My favorite number is blue ! Yes I am sure he does regret it but money talks.
Mine is green. But I can see where he might regret it. I can also see how he would not regret it. Most NFL QBs are probably lured by the prospect of being the QB-1. He had an opportunity and so he took it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. He should have no regrets if he gave it his best shot, even though it did not work out in Houston or Cleveland. However as an option he could have swallowed his pride in Denver and ended up being the QB-1 there. Who knows?

Feel bad for Aguayo who was cut by the Bears. One of the most accurate kickers in college history. Something got in his head.

Watching a rerun of the Bears versus Browns preseason game, and the Browns sophomre quarterback Hogan who was from Stanford looked to be playing pretty well. That might have been part of the reason the Browns felt okay releasing Osweiller. And keeping Hogan as the backup.

So..... Osweiller back to Broncos?

on3m@n@rmy said:
movingtarget said:
jmdirt said:
movingtarget said:
jmdirt said:
I wonder if Os regrets leaving Den?

A month ago he was expected to be the Browns starter.
Is that your answer? If I ask what your favorite color is would you say 4? :lol:

My favorite number is blue ! Yes I am sure he does regret it but money talks.
Mine is green. But I can see where he might regret it. I can also see how he would not regret it. Most NFL QBs are probably lured by the prospect of being the QB-1. He had an opportunity and so he took it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. He should have no regrets if he gave it his best shot, even though it did not work out in Houston or Cleveland. However as an option he could have swallowed his pride in Denver and ended up being the QB-1 there. Who knows?

Feel bad for Aguayo who was cut by the Bears. One of the most accurate kickers in college history. Something got in his head.

Some team will probably bring Kaep in for a meeting then the next day announce they have signed Osweiler !

In the playoffs last season the Texan receivers let him down badly then he followed and his game fell apart. I'm still convinced that some of the rookie QBs that have looked okay in the preseason will not continue like that. But the consensus is that Goff is already looking better with McVey at the helm.

Re:

on3m@n@rmy said:
Not sure about Kaepernick but in case you have not heard the Broncos are signing Osweiller to the league minimum contract. Browns will pay the rest. Paxton Lynch will be out for 5 weeks with injury so I suspect Brock gets released when Paxton comes back I guess
BO gets $15.3 Mil from Cle and $750 K from Den not matter what. If TS goes down, and BO plays well, he might get the job that was offered to him in '15.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts