• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 530 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
With Fournette likely done for the season Tampa Bay has signed Bell to make their own “Killer Bee Pirates”.
He used to be a huge threat receiving and running out of the back field though I don’t believe he can return to form. He will either be a McCoy or Fournette signing for them and I wonder who was pushing for Bell.

Evans is a week by week basis.

Tough loss and no ca for Seattle on Dallas. That’s called 9/10 times. Rams are threatening Cardinals for the division title. Then just since we talked about it the other day; Seattle had Michel with what looks like a tackle from three defenders holding him but he breaks out. If one of the defenders went low he would have went down and they would have prevented that big game, they chose not to try and put someone down and injury them and are rewarded with probably hearing an earful for it now.

SEA got screwed twice in a row: the "false start" that made 4th and 1 into 4th and 5 is never called, and then the CLEAR PI that is always called wasn't. But, there is no guarantee that they would have scored even if they get those calls.

KUPP!
Yeah it’s like they’ve been so flag happy and then don’t call a flag on something they’ve been throwing the vast majority.

Reactions: jmdirt
I wonder if the NFL makes money from the NFL network. It seems to me that they would have a larger audience if they had all of the games on broadcast TV. I suppose they are part of cable/streaming packages, but that can't be big money can it?
I’m not sure. I watch off the NFL app on my phone and that’s through my phone service. I am unable to watch some games, like this past TNF and Saturday games. I’m not sure how many people pay for the RedZone or GamePass. It would be awesome for them to show all of the games but their worry could be that teams are completely ignored. I’m also curious how they decide to zone the games since some can be weird. Maybe they could also do instead of the GamePass you can pay for a team you want to watch the whole season and it is cheaper.

The good news: Baker is playing. The bad news: he threw 4 ints!
His contract is up soon. The QB market is about to get interesting with a lack of depth at QB in the next draft. The Cowboys took forever to resign Dak. T here is no way the Browns would offer Baker a Dak like contract. Their third string Mullens looked much better than Baker, but I guess he has been playing injured. Teams like the 49ers will be offloading their QB while Russell is expected to move on. With Goff gone already, the NFC West is about to get a makevover at the QB position.

The Browns butchered another win. They had good field position with another set of downs and made a mess of it.

His contract is up soon. The QB market is about to get interesting with a lack of depth at QB in the next draft. The Cowboys took forever to resign Dak. T here is no way the Browns would offer Baker a Dak like contract. Their third string Mullens looked much better than Baker, but I guess he has been playing injured. Teams like the 49ers will be offloading their QB while Russell is expected to move on. With Goff gone already, the NFC West is about to get a makevover at the QB position.

The Browns butchered another win. They had good field position with another set of downs and made a mess of it.
The potential for a big shakeup is there, but I wonder how much will really happen? RW could end up staying (my hope), JG could also end up staying. CLE won't give BM a DP contract, but I bet they work hard to keep him. AR can't leave. Pit is the only team at this point that has to get a new QB (if BR sticks to his 'last season' word).

The potential for a big shakeup is there, but I wonder how much will really happen? RW could end up staying (my hope), JG could also end up staying. CLE won't give BM a DP contract, but I bet they work hard to keep him. AR can't leave. Pit is the only team at this point that has to get a new QB (if BR sticks to his 'last season' word).
Sounds like Ben will retire this time. JG will be traded it sounds almost certainly and the Niners could use the money they will save on him to fill other gaps. Russ as usual will be the question mark while Rodgers can move on if he wants after this season. The Packers have already told him that. What would be really interesting is if the Packers win another SB with Rodgers. That would muddy the waters for the Packers management even more.

Well, if someone needs to leave Seattle, I think it would have to be Pete. You can’t keep football from 50, 60 years ago and expecting to win a lot of games these days. He’s too stubborn to change his ways, especially at this point in his career, which is winding down. Sure, Russ has been injured this year, but Seattle’s inability to adjust to different opponents has to be Pete’s responsibility. The offense has mostly been subpar, sometimes terrible this season. I’ve said it before, and so have many, Russ’s top years were wasted.

Well, if someone needs to leave Seattle, I think it would have to be Pete. You can’t keep football from 50, 60 years ago and expecting to win a lot of games these days. He’s too stubborn to change his ways, especially at this point in his career, which is winding down. Sure, Russ has been injured this year, but Seattle’s inability to adjust to different opponents has to be Pete’s responsibility. The offense has mostly been subpar, sometimes terrible this season. I’ve said it before, and so have many, Russ’s top years were wasted.
Russ did win a superbowl and make it to another with SEA so I don't know how 'wasted' his years were. Could he have done more with a better O line, probably yes. Could he have accomplished more with better play calling, probably yes. But wasted years? Other QBs from that draft: Luck, RG III , Tannehill, Cousins, Weeden, Osweiler=0 superbowls. Others Foles with one. A Rodg only has one.

There is a rumor floating around that Pete might move into a front office job. The question though is, who is a better coach for SEA? Eric Bieniemy? We have no idea how any of the assistant coaches will be as head coaches. I guess we know EB's O mind, and he has learned under Reid, but that doesn't guarantee that he will be a good HC.

Reactions: movingtarget
Russ did win a superbowl and make it to another with SEA so I don't know how 'wasted' his years were. Could he have done more with a better O line, probably yes. Could he have accomplished more with better play calling, probably yes. But wasted years? Other QBs from that draft: Luck, RG III , Tannehill, Cousins, Weeden, Osweiler=0 superbowls. Others Foles with one. A Rodg only has one.

There is a rumor floating around that Pete might move into a front office job. The question though is, who is a better coach for SEA? Eric Bieniemy? We have no idea how any of the assistant coaches will be as head coaches. I guess we know EB's O mind, and he has learned under Reid, but that doesn't guarantee that he will be a good HC.

Russ did have a great rookie year, and two SB appearances, with one of those a title. He played better in 2015 than he did his first three seasons, 2016 was ok, but he had some nagging injuries that hampered his progress. 2017 was ok, 2018 was very good, and 2019 and 2020 he was solid. I think his middle years (so far in his career) were his best, even if he made it to the Pro Bowl every season except this season and 2016, so two seasons where he had to deal with injuries he didn't make the Pro Bowl. In 2016 he played in every game. This year the injury problem was significant enough to have him sit out games.

My point is that 2015-2020 the Seahawks had the team capable of making it back to the SB, with a franchise QB that is heading to the Hall of Fame when it's all said and done. They never had a decent OL and Pete's old school tactics prevented more success for the team. They missed opportunities to get at least another SB title, IMO. I think many would agree.

Texans and Bengals beat the crap out of the Chargers and Ravens.
Tough loss for the Vikings spotting Rams 7 from a punt return and 7 from refs calling forward progress within a second of contact and Kupp fumbling while letting a run go on for 5 seconds with the runner being covered by 3 defenders and pushed back. 12th straight Vikings game decided by 1 score.
Bucs offense was predominantly running and passing to AB with Grayson getting a big catch and Vaughn with a huge run.
Patriots allowed Bills back in the division race with Patriots having Jags and at Dolphins while Bills have Falcons and Jets.

Texans and Bengals beat the crap out of the Chargers and Ravens.
Tough loss for the Vikings spotting Rams 7 from a punt return and 7 from refs calling forward progress within a second of contact and Kupp fumbling while letting a run go on for 5 seconds with the runner being covered by 3 defenders and pushed back. 12th straight Vikings game decided by 1 score.
Bucs offense was predominantly running and passing to AB with Grayson getting a big catch and Vaughn with a huge run.
Patriots allowed Bills back in the division race with Patriots having Jags and at Dolphins while Bills have Falcons and Jets.
Texans are a weird team. They have four wins and two were against the Titans and the Chargers. The two intercepts cost the Chargers but I never would have expected the Texans to put 41 on the Chargers. The 49ers won't be taking them lightly next week and they have a playoff spot to be played for. The Vikings are also an odd team for different reasons. I wonder how much longer Zimmer can survive ? They are done for the playoffs unless a couple of other teams fall in a heap in the final two games and they win out

Last edited:
Every playoff fan in my opinion, the way Saints defense is playing no one will want to play them in the playoffs.
True they seem to demoralize the Bucs whenever they play. Another mediocre game from Russ, Foles looked the better of the two. Seattle are well off their game, they only seem to take it to the next level when they see 49ers jerseys..........Seattle have had a good run but they are edging closer to a rebuild. The other three teams in the NFC West have already been through that.