• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

National Football League

Page 532 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Down 24-10 to the Jets and AB quits on the team.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ZacOnTheMic/status/1477733340325335041?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyMills_NJ/status/1477733928400216068?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

All I can say is a man bent over backwards to help you and then you do this on too of the lying. He was questionable score the game with an injury but this is ridiculous.

Edit: Rumor is AB was furious for being benched and close to all three of his incentives with Arians saying after the game he is no longer a Buc.

Almost huge win for the Jets who played their heart out.

Miami got destroyed by Ten who retake the one seed with Bengals beating Chiefs. Then the Rams with a good comeback to beat the Ravens.

Then you want to talk about bad refs, people on both sides upset about Chiefs vs Bengals and Ryan gets a touchdown called back because they rule he is giving himself up when he is running for a touchdown and going low to avoid the defender hitting and stopping him.

View: https://youtu.be/PQAqzIWnr4s

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
Big win for the Cardinals and they hope next week Niners can beat Rams again so they win the division and Niners off to the playoffs. Seahawks looking to spoil that after their huge point score against Lions.

I wonder how many teams next week will rest their starters after the first half if unable to move up in their placings.

GB beating Vikings down and one of those games at q
10 degrees that I feel like Vikings wanted to go home at halftime and I wouldn’t blame them. Then I think Rodgers secured MVP if they don’t hold the covid status against him. Hopefully Jones is fine later after the low hit he took.

Bell did decent in his debut; 3/3 got 30 yards receiving while being the top Rb target, 3 for 5 yards rushing, and they trusted him with the two point conversion. With the other receivers having a good game and showing a lot of speed.

Edit: packers just said they’ll rest Rodgers next week. Hopefully no rust for them in the divisional round from resting that has plagued other teams though he showed this year coming back after not practicing for a month he is still good.

Last edited:
Down 24-10 to the Jets and AB quits on the team.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ZacOnTheMic/status/1477733340325335041?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyMills_NJ/status/1477733928400216068?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

All I can say is a man bent over backwards to help you and then you do this on too of the lying. He was questionable score the game with an injury but this is ridiculous.

Edit: Rumor is AB was furious for being benched and close to all three of his incentives with Arians saying after the game he is no longer a Buc.

Almost huge win for the Jets who played their heart out.

Miami got destroyed by Ten who retake the one seed with Bengals beating Chiefs. Then the Rams with a good comeback to beat the Ravens.

Then you want to talk about bad refs, people on both sides upset about Chiefs vs Bengals and Ryan gets a touchdown called back because they rule he is giving himself up when he is running for a touchdown and going low to avoid the defender hitting and stopping him.

View: https://youtu.be/PQAqzIWnr4s
Ah the refs...........AB is mentally ill, Brady said he needs the right help.........no doubt...........his career is done, don't see a team taking him on again. Cards win next week and the Rams lose they can still take the NFC West. Don't know when Henry might be back but I still think the Titans and Bengals are the sleeper teams in the AFC. If anything the NFC is even closer matched. The Rams have been winning but not always convincingly, there are questions about the Cowboys, Bucs and Cardinals. GB probably deserve to be top seed while the Niners and Eagles go into the playoffs possibly, with young QBs, one a rookie and the Saints will possiibly get through with their defense as their offense is none too convincing especially against the best teams. Niners need to beat the Rams again or hope the Saints lose. The 49ers losses to the Hawks and Titans may come back to haunt them with poor second halves in both games.

Arians side of the story is he told AB 3 times to go in the game and he refused and finally told him to get out. AB’s side is his ankle injury(that had him out the previous games and was on the injury report again for this week) put his health in jeopardy and told coaches he was too hurt to continue playing.

Whatever the truth is between those lines, both could have handled it better but one has consistently making poor choices for a long while.

If this is Big Ben’s last home game hopefully it goes out with a bang for him.

Arians side of the story is he told AB 3 times to go in the game and he refused and finally told him to get out. AB’s side is his ankle injury(that had him out the previous games and was on the injury report again for this week) put his health in jeopardy and told coaches he was too hurt to continue playing.

Whatever the truth is between those lines, both could have handled it better but one has consistently making poor choices for a long while.

If this is Big Ben’s last home game hopefully it goes out with a bang for him.
AB didn't look too injured during his exit celebration.

AB didn't look too injured during his exit celebration.
Exactly and that’s where I have a hard time believing that. Whatever happened between their talk and was said, AB then took it several levels higher with his actions after that moment. He could have easily sat hit butt on the bench or walked back to the locker room without what he did and to talk to the coaches after the game. that’s his fault and part of his character. He looked back three times to see if anyone would stop him seeking attention and they all ignored him like they should. And now he retired himself since if a Belicheck and Brady can’t contain you no one will want you. The only thing we can do is hope he gets the help he needs and doesn’t harm himself or others.

Yesterday was one of the most interesting football days in memory..Chargers looked like another team? Playoffs up in the air entire day.
Read more about Antonio Brown and wow that was like a silent movie, w three different text versions..now they are saying he had a naggy injury week of not practicing,and half practicing..and when he felt he was sub standard,that he wasn't fit to play..the coaching staff felt otherwise, and the , " do what I say,now or else! " between Brown and the coach played out in realtime video

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
On the good side Steelers are winning 10-0 at halftime with Ben throwing a touchdown. On the bad he’s 20/34 for 96 yards and a touchdown with their rushing 14 times for 72 yards.

Ben didn’t have the passing stats but the whole team played their heart out in all the phases. Harris ran over the Browns defenders while their front 4 and secondary ate the offense alive. Only better would Ben getting a touchdown that last drive.

Last edited:
On the good side Steelers are winning 10-0 at halftime with Ben throwing a touchdown. On the bad he’s 20/34 for 96 yards and a touchdown with their rushing 14 times for 72 yards.

Ben didn’t have the passing stats but the whole team played their heart out in all the phases. Harris ran over the Browns defenders while their front 4 and secondary ate the offense alive. Only better would Ben getting a touchdown that last drive.
The Browns are almost impossible to predict week to week.............

Emotional finish to the game: Big Ben takes final lap around Heinz field:

View: https://youtu.be/omgsP9CPJ-0

An End of an Era.

One if my favorite QBs: I remember back in the 04 draft the Steelers in the 1st rd taking the 6'6" 240 lb big man from little "Miami of Ohio." I hadn't seen him play at all at Miami nor even heard much of him & wondered what the Steelers had seen in his potential. Well the rest is history:

2x SB Champion
6x PB
Rookie of the year
5th all-time passing leader (63,844).

18 great years all with Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
And it was touching at the end that Tomlin called a timeout with 3 seconds left to either give Ben more time on the field or one last throw but the players came onto the field so he said forget about it. It would be great if they get all the luck to get into the playoffs for a maybe cheeky run but a win next week will be just as good.

Edit: and if Steelers beat the Ravens they have a good chance as colts haven’t won since 2013 in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt and Nomad
Super Bowl 53 episode and we get Gronk and Guerrero. Gronk basically about how he went to Guerrero since he was tired and sick of being injured then that the suspension for hitting White while uncalled for and not right of him was a blessing in disguise since he needed a break from football, mentally and physically. Brady shouldered all the blame for the loss by him and leaving none to the defense from him dropping the catch and not getting the check down that was open and instead looking for the deep ball leading to the strip sack.

Oof. What a mess before playoffs and one that can have some big complications from the NFL and NFLPA if true.

Someone has already said they’ve looked at the All 22 and there are no angles of the Bucs sideline for the majority of it to see Brown and Arians interaction. While I find it hard to think that Arians would not want to play one of his players while injured as he is known as a players coach and that can very well make him lose the locker room, I can also see that he was fed up with Brown. Especially after the vaccination situation. On the other side, they were getting their butt’s kicked at the time by the Jets so Arians would want his best talent on the field. In Arians interview on Monday or Tuesday, he avoided the questions of Brown being injured as much as possible and said he didn’t believe he was injured, no he did not have any knowledge of an injury, and pointing back to Brown’s actions when he left the field. Though I can no longer find the video to add of this interview, again Brown was on the injury report again leading up to the game, missed practice, and was a game day decision so he can’t say he didn’t believe or know he was injured.

While I can understand Brown’s frustration if what he is saying is true, I still don’t think it condones the way he acted on the sideline. Both Brown and Arians are very, emotional and hot headed. Any disagreement always has the potential to escalate. Brown still could have taken the higher road knowing he is injured and right. Brown could have easily just walked out and bolstering his side without the drama. Which very well could be what Howard and/or Evans told Brown.

Even worse, let’s say Brown’s side is the truth about the majority of what happened. His track record of behavior before this and the scene after paints him like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. If this happened to Evans, Kupp, Adams, etc. more people who be on his side and supportive.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1478908618212884483?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Video explaining how AB’s behavior while leaving the game could happen despite having pain and adrenaline.
View: https://youtu.be/TSYeQkRPkNQ

Last edited:
Entertaining Bronco game (attended the game as some cheap tickets were available. Lol). What a game changing play with the scoop & run by Bolton off the Gordon fumble near the goal line. Below average passing performance by Lock but he showed his mobility by rushing for 35 yds & two scores. Really not a bad performance by the Broncos considering the Chiefs were playing meaningful football in pursuit of the #1 seed.

Now the clock starts on Fangio - will he be fired or retained for another season?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS