• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The ratings issue is complicated because of how they are calculated and the terrible broadcasting deals NBA have. I wouldn't be surprised if the same number of people are watching but many are now doing it through feeds that aren't counted as it's the only way the can watch some games. Get rid of blackouts, they're stupid. If teams struggle to fill arenas then they need to address that with ticket prices etc. They need to sort out the tip off times too. Starting Western Conference games at 10pm on the East Coast removes a huge part of your potential market.

The game also needs to change. The current rules around guarding have made it pretty much impossible to guard 3-point shots unless you're already close to the player and taller, and even then it's extremely hard. Why wouldn't teams jack up 50+ 3 pointers if they know that the guy shooting will draw a foul for any contact, even after the ball has left their hands? It's turning games into shoot-arounds. Bird averaged 1.9 3pt shots a game and is widely recognised as one of the greatest 3 pt shooters of all time. Reggie Miller was 4.7, Ray Allen was 5.7. Now look at the current players and Steph Curry is 8.6, Lillard is 8, Harden is 7.7, and was at 13.2 in 18-19!. Kyrie is 5.6 but has been at almost 7 for the past 4 years. Durant is 4.9 and has been as high as 6.7 in the past. LeBron is 4.4 but has be 5+ the last four years.

It looks like Brooklyn is going to cruise to the conference finals even without Harden. Philly should get there as well.
Phoenix looked good against Denver. This could have been a way better series with Murray in last year's playoff form there.
Not sure if it is a good sign for Utah they only just won game 1 when the Clippers had way less rest and both stars (especially PG) underpeformed.

It looks like Brooklyn is going to cruise to the conference finals even without Harden. Philly should get there as well.
Phoenix looked good against Denver. This could have been a way better series with Murray in last year's playoff form there.
Not sure if it is a good sign for Utah they only just won game 1 when the Clippers had way less rest and both stars (especially PG) underpeformed.
Utah looked rusty and Conley was out. I think they will improve. Mitchell and Gobert saved them in game one. Could be a long series. I think Denver can still push Phoenix to a long series. 76ers should win if Embiid is on the court. Be surprised at this point if the Bucks series went more than four. Once again the Bucks look underwhelming after the first round.

its hardly a failure when you have so many injuries, on the other hand, they could have been swept if they played a competent team (which luckily there isnt one in the east anyway :D), i kinda feel bad for Durant, he was great even tho its his fault to tie himself to a human ball and chain (irving)

hoping for 76ers in conference finals to pair with bucks - i really dont want to see more of bad trae young haircut - two teams that cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot, ultimately tho you can hardly not to cheer for Pandemic P and the Clippers, with kawhi and cp3 out he actually might be the best player left in the west, i would like Clippers to win it all, followed by bucks,76ers and suns

76ers go out, another disappointing loss for them. You have to wonder what the future for Simmons is at the 76ers. If Harden was fit I have no doubt that the Nets would have progressed. Kyrie missing is not unusual, he misses a lot of games and usually at the worst time. Phoenix had a good rest and seem to be the form team at the moment and no Kawhi just makes it easier for them. It will take a very good team to beat them. Don't see the Bucks losing to Atlanta.

TRENDING THREADS