• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Non-elite races World Championships Bergen 2017

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Lexman said:
samhocking said:
Yep, will race cross with Telenet-Fidea and he's just signed with Team Wiggins for the road.

so in a few years we will have a new Sky Train in the mountains and 5TdF wins with Pidcock... :rolleyes:

Depends what way Pidcock decides to go. He's certainly not rushing to be pro on the road if with Wiggins next year who switch down from Pro Conti to U23 Conti only for 2018.
James Knox went from Team Wiggins to Quickstep this year, so make of that what you will in terms of links with Sky as a feeder team?
 
Looked like he went too deep into the red on the climb trying to match Pidcock's split time perhaps or just inexperience of taking on a tough climb towards the end of a TT? He looked very strong until near the top of the climb I thought. I was convinced he had done enough by then for Gold.
 
Re: Re:

samhocking said:
Depends what way Pidcock decides to go. He's certainly not rushing to be pro on the road if with Wiggins next year who switch down from Pro Conti to U23 Conti only for 2018.
James Knox went from Team Wiggins to Quickstep this year, so make of that what you will in terms of links with Sky as a feeder team?

Wiggins were never Pro Continental. And there's no such thing as "U23 Conti".
 
I don't know for sure, but my guess is you move up from junior (U19) to senior the year you turn 19. So a guy like Bjerg, who's from November, will spend most of his first season as a senior actually being under 19.
And I'm pretty sure that once you've moved to the next age-group, then there's no turning back.
 
Re:

RedheadDane said:
I don't know for sure, but my guess is you move up from junior (U19) to senior the year you turn 19. So a guy like Bjerg, who's from November, will spend most of his first season as a senior actually being under 19.
And I'm pretty sure that once you've moved to the next age-group, then there's no turning back.

okay, that makes sense. Thanks :)
 
Re: Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
samhocking said:
Depends what way Pidcock decides to go. He's certainly not rushing to be pro on the road if with Wiggins next year who switch down from Pro Conti to U23 Conti only for 2018.
James Knox went from Team Wiggins to Quickstep this year, so make of that what you will in terms of links with Sky as a feeder team?

Wiggins were never Pro Continental. And there's no such thing as "U23 Conti".

Maybe OP means they'll stop attending professional races and next season only do U23 races?
 
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
samhocking said:
Depends what way Pidcock decides to go. He's certainly not rushing to be pro on the road if with Wiggins next year who switch down from Pro Conti to U23 Conti only for 2018.
James Knox went from Team Wiggins to Quickstep this year, so make of that what you will in terms of links with Sky as a feeder team?

Wiggins were never Pro Continental. And there's no such thing as "U23 Conti".

Maybe OP means they'll stop attending professional races and next season only do U23 races?

I just meant Team Wiggins are switching focus to being exclusively a feeder team of U23 riders only next year. The 'pro' bit was me typing and not thinking. I just meant they're switching down the team to U23 riders only, rather than have senior established pro riders like Tennant, Howells etc. They will remain Conti UCI level for 2018 obviously.