• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Non-elite races World Championships Bergen 2017

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DNP-Old said:
You know, just like that other massive Danish talent, Jakob Egholm. Whose best result in this past year has been a 16th place in a race called ''Hansa Bygg Kalmar Grand Prix Road Race''. :lol:
He is 19; not many 19 year olds do much. Also there was that guy, I forgot his name, I think it was Mance Pedersen? Mads? Maybe it was Petersen, I don't remember. But he he hasn't done anything either.

Johansen has a clear physical advantage to others, but the same cannot be said of Mikkel Bjerg who trounced people three years older than him.

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
You know, just like that other massive Danish talent, Jakob Egholm. Whose best result in this past year has been a 16th place in a race called ''Hansa Bygg Kalmar Grand Prix Road Race''. :lol:
He is 19; not many 19 year olds do much. Also there was that guy, I forgot his name, I think it was Mance Pedersen? Mads? Maybe it was Petersen, I don't remember. But he he hasn't done anything either.

Mads Pedersen? The guy who just won Tour of Denmark and Tour du Poitou-Charentes? I wouldn't say he hasn't done anything.

RedheadDane said:
Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:

Mads Pedersen? The guy who just won Tour of Denmark and Tour du Poitou-Charentes? I wouldn't say he hasn't done anything.
(I was joking)

Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
Pretty sure a lot of 19 year olds beat other 19 year olds. In reality, Egholm has more DNF's than results and can't even finish something like ZLM Tour.

DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Those Danes in the youth categories.. man I wonder if this one doesn't top out at 20yo
He'll be working as an accountant or mailman in three years.
whats your problem?
How can it be their fault that they are better?
How bitter can you be?
What do you want to do, disqualfy the scandaniavian riders because they are better when they are younger, or what is your soloution?

Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Those Danes in the youth categories.. man I wonder if this one doesn't top out at 20yo
whats your problem?
How bitter can you be?
What do you want to do, disqualfy the scandaniavian riders because they are better when they are younger, or what is your soloution?
I wouldn't mind that actually.

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
whats your problem?
How bitter can you be?

So we should disqualify Colombians to on mountain stages?

Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
whats your problem?
How bitter can you be?

They don't seem to hit their peak at 23, but go ahead, go on and propose it.

Working hard compared to the lazy young spaniards produces results. Until other means get so rampant that it is all about a lack of morality, hence the success of spaniards at the pro level.

Every scandinavian who started producing results at adulthood, had the morality of a spaniard (in retrospect).

DNP-Old said:
Brullnux said:
DNP-Old said:
Pretty sure a lot of 19 year olds beat other 19 year olds. In reality, Egholm has more DNF's than results and can't even finish something like ZLM Tour.

Again, it's hard to win if you're injured...

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
whats your problem?
How bitter can you be?

Then what category are they supposed to participate in? They have a lot of success in the U19/U23 classes, but tend to fade when they turn pro, so they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the classes they're good in?

(Thought that guy before looked familiar...)

Two more ceremonies now? As in, right now.

[
I wouldn't mind that actually.[/quote]

So we should disqualify Colombians to on mountain stages?[/quote]
They don't seem to hit their peak at 23, but go ahead, go on and propose it.[/quote]

No but it seems like yoy don't like it when riders have an advantage, so if scandaniavians can't ride the youth wcs, then with your arguements colombians shouldn't be a loud to ride mountain stages? Just give me one reason why they shouldn't be aloud to ride

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Wow that was so impressive by the Italians. 3 riders in 2nd, 3rd and 4th place with a few 100m to go, last 2 get caught and a 4th one emerges from the bunch to secure that bronze medal :) they could have won with better tactics.
Also, I'm so excited about Gazzoli, he is joining Contador's development team next year :)
Hell no they coulda have won with better tactics, Julius Johansen has an insane motor for a rider on his age and is just a beast. Aint nobody had any chances to catch him today.

Frankschleck said:

No but it seems like yoy don't like it when riders have an advantage, so if scandaniavians can't ride the youth wcs, then with your arguements colombians shouldn't be a loud to ride mountain stages? Just give me one reason why they shouldn't be aloud to ride
At this point, if you don't (or can't) understand my point, there's no point even responding. My problem is clear, my point is clear. The problem isn't ''being better''.

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:
[

They don't seem to hit their peak at 23, but go ahead, go on and propose it.[/quote]

No but it seems like yoy don't like it when riders have an advantage, so if scandaniavians can't ride the youth wcs, then with your arguements colombians shouldn't be a loud to ride mountain stages? Just give me one reason why they shouldn't be aloud to ride[/quote]
At this point, if you don't (or can't) understand my point, there's no point even responding. My problem is clear, my point is clear. The problem isn't ''being better''.[/quote]

Your point is not clear? Why should they not be aloud to ride? Don't say it is because they are better, thats not a valid reason

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:

At this point, if you don't (or can't) understand my point, there's no point even responding. My problem is clear, my point is clear. The problem isn't ''being better''.

It seems very much like your point is They're good in the youth classes, but not as pros; therefore they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the categories they have success in. If you're so sure they're gonna fade later on, then why can't you let them have some success while they can?

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:

Neither your problem nor your point makes any sense, but whatever floats your boat. Resentful human being.

Re:

quadrago said:
Working hard compared to the lazy young spaniards produces results. Until other means get so rampant that it is all about a lack of morality, hence the success of spaniards at the pro level.

Every scandinavian who started producing results at adulthood, had the morality of a spaniard (in retrospect).
What? Northern Europeans just tend to develop quicker. A lot of the most famous 'immoral' cyclists are scandinivians. As stupid an argument as dnp's.

Re:

Brullnux said:
On the contrary, many colombians seem not to progress as much as one might expect.
Except all of them have made progression throughout their careers, even Quintana, until this year.

gcwbmbJ.png

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:

Do you believe that Scandinavians are physiologically superior to Germans, Dutch, Russians, North Americans or heck even West Africans before the age of 23? This is a genuine question.

edit: anyways, just wait until next year. The Danes won't survive the first lap

DNP-Old said:
Brullnux said:
On the contrary, many colombians seem not to progress as much as one might expect.
Except all of them have made progression throughout their careers, even Quintana, until this year.
Henao (both) and Quintana definitely have not progressed as much as people had expected them to. Uran has stayed pretty constant since 2011, Gaviria isn't excelling that much, although it may be too early to say. For Bernal it is definitely too early to say, and Lopez has had an injury hit year and so it is also to early too say for him (either way).