• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O Gran Camiño 2024, Spain, February 22-25

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We used to have a lad who played up front for us in the under-14s team, over 6 foot, full beard, puberty had hit the kid like a wrecking ball, no matter how skilful the opposition were they would just bounce off the guy. Everyone who played Sunday league knew someone like this. That's who Tarling reminds me of, probably came out of his mother a fully-formed toddler, my dad would say 'he's been drinking his milk that one'.

It would just be for whoever wants the UCI points/a nice win.

I don't get the clamour–it's just a compromise to allow the stage to occur in some form or shape (saving money and creating an admittedly very low level of drama) while also giving riders chance to soft pedal it and stay safe. There's quite clearly no good solution to this situation, it's just a case of least had option.
Would it not have been a less bad option to say that if they don't want/need/have any meaningful chance of getting the prize money or points that they don't have to ride it?

We used to have a lad who played up front for us in the under-14s team, over 6 foot, full beard, puberty had hit the kid like a wrecking ball, no matter how skilful the opposition were they would just bounce off the guy. Everyone who played Sunday league knew someone like this. That's who Tarling reminds me of, probably came out of his mother a fully-formed toddler, my dad would say 'he's been drinking his milk that one'.
We could've asked his dad, but he was ridiculed away here

GG9UVPlWcAAlYq6

Reactions: proffate