• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Yeah, no need to link to that garbage......it smells a lot like that disturbed guy who used to post here a bunch. Funny how they all have the same absurd talking points, it is almost like it is coordinated or something. Can't image rational people come up with that nonsense independently
I thought it was hilarious, an Armstrong Liar reviewing the Armstrong Lie. Brilliant.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Therein lies the answer... :)

Yup. he should write a story about how a no talent hack gets fired for screaming "Do you know who I am!?" at the wrong person.

He is quite legendary in the business.....not in a good way
 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Visit site
Interview with Alex Gibney.

Do you think Armstrong doped in the 2009 Tour de France?

I think it's likely. I took one step back, but if you look at the data, it's pretty convincing. I gave Lance his opportunity to say what he had to say. But as [author] Bill Strickland says in the film, it's hard to believe. And I think that Lance is still adamant that he didn't. But it's hard to believe.

Why?

He says this actually in the film – he said, "I came back and I intended to ride clean." He didn't say, "I rode clean." He says, "I intended to ride clean." I find that very interesting. And I think he did intend to ride clean. But when it came to a choice between being on the podium or using that bag that he had for insurance . . . Because you can't just decide to dope at the last minute. When you blood dope, you have to prepare for it in advance.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...es-a-lot-of-anger-in-lance-armstong-20130911?
 
LOL, you just can't make that stuff up. Just like the guy says, he doesn't believe Wonderboy, I don't think anyone here does either. 'Intended to ride clean", and actually "riding clean" are 2 different things completely. Because of Wonderboys arrogance, he couldn't help himself, and wanted more.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for him, and him going broke couldn't come quick enough for me and others.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Yup. he should write a story about how a no talent hack gets fired for screaming "Do you know who I am!?" at the wrong person.

He is quite legendary in the business.....not in a good way
He certainly looks like a Cycling Legend - in a Galibier sort of way.
fdezon.png
 
Merckx index said:
LMAO:

Sean Yates has said he still believes Lance Armstrong was a phenomenal athlete, despite the Texan's confession to doping, describing him as 'the biggest engine ever to get on a bike, apart from maybe Chris Froome."

from CN.

One of those, did he say what I think he said?

Given his close association with them both, I guess that he did and we can be comforted that any and all implications are explicitly supported.

Dave.
 
Zorotheslacker said:
I wonder how much he cared about a bronze metal.

It took him eight months to concede, and public humiliation from the new head of the IOC to goad him into it, so he must have cared about it a lot.

Not like he doesn't have dozens of highly paid advisors who can keep track of this stuff for him.

Dave.
 
Jul 19, 2009
949
0
0
Visit site
D-Queued said:
It took him eight months to concede, and public humiliation from the new head of the IOC to goad him into it, so he must have cared about it a lot.

Not like he doesn't have dozens of highly paid advisors who can keep track of this stuff for him.

Dave.
For sure, he would have dared another picture in front of that medal, but with all lawsuits on, he has just be able to understand that he should be a bit humble now.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
RR posted this on twitter, so sorry to jump him and post here, but it is interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-disgraced-Lance-Armstrong-over-life-ban.html

I will also say that if Armstrong would just get even 90% honest about what happened, and wrote a book, he'd make a fortune. Time to tell us where the bodies are buried Lance.

First, let me note that I am supportive of Cookson in the upcoming election.

Second, let me note that such support is not just an 'anyone-but-McQuaid' option. Though, to be honest, what other option is there?

I perceive this statement, however, to be 100% self-serving. He isn't offering Lance an olive branch, he is sliming McQuaid. Smart political move and definitely somewhat ruthless, but it is what it is.

Oh, and McQuaid deserves that and more. Yet, it does illuminate Cookson a bit more.

Dave.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
D-Queued said:
First, let me note that I am supportive of Cookson in the upcoming election.

Second, let me note that such support is not just an 'anyone-but-McQuaid' option. Though, to be honest, what other option is there?

I perceive this statement, however, to be 100% self-serving. He isn't offering Lance an olive branch, he is sliming McQuaid. Smart political move and definitely somewhat ruthless, but it is what it is.

Oh, and McQuaid deserves that and more. Yet, it does illuminate Cookson a bit more.

Dave.

not positively imo.
 
I'm not especially happy about that olive branch dangling...

Lance had his chance to confess before the reasoned decision.

He had the chance after as well.
He went on Oprah and soft balled the minimum confession he could reasonably get away with.

This ship should have sailed.

But if he comes in under oath and dishes a large amount of dirt, maybe just maybe there could be a reduction from life to say 8 years.

I'd not like it, but I could maybe live with it.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
I'm not especially happy about that olive branch dangling...

Lance had his chance to confess before the reasoned decision.

He had the chance after as well.
He went on Oprah and soft balled the minimum confession he could reasonably get away with.

This ship should have sailed.

But if he comes in under oath and dishes a large amount of dirt, maybe just maybe there could be a reduction from life to say 8 years.

I'd not like it, but I could maybe live with it.

I would accept a reduction from 'life' to 'half life' and give that Armstrong has potentially another good 30 years left, make the ban 15 years .:D