• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Jean-Luc Picard said:
Some overexcited people here.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that Lance should propose a debate. That would be silly. But if a reputable third party independently contacted Tygart and Lance and said, 'hey, guys, we would like to have a general discussion here, are you interested?', I think they should both jump at it.

That's all I'm saying.

Such as Oprah?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Now a federal judge will decide just how much that matters. Should readers of his books get refunds after discovering they've been duped?

Or does the First Amendment protect Armstrong's right to lie in his memoirs?

U.S. District Judge Morrison England will consider the matter at a hearing here Thursday – part of a potential class-action fraud lawsuit against Armstrong and his book publishers. England could throw out the case, based on the cyclist's freedom-of-speech argument. Or the judge can let the case proceed, which Armstrong's lawyers say would be unprecedented. Such a decision might encourage similar claims and lead to a larger debate about the free-speech rights of those who sell falsehoods disguised as truth.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2013/08/07/lance-armstrong-books-doping/2629895/

Zweistein said:
...All the comments at the Ragbrai website on the page mentioning that Armstrong was going to ride this year disappeared except for the one claiming that Livestrong donated 500 million to cancer research. So, the one post they leave up is a big fat lie....
That could be true...

...if it was Zimbabwean dollars. At today's (black market) rate, comes to $200 and change.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Something I have been thinking about lately - it's pretty obvious he was a on a heavy program pre cancer. Why then was his results so average and why were they so good post cancer? Even more dope? More protection = greater freedom? Dr F? better training in combination with better dope?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Something I have been thinking about lately - it's pretty obvious he was a on a heavy program pre cancer. Why then was his results so average and why were they so good post cancer? Even more dope? More protection = greater freedom? Dr F? better training in combination with better dope?

It has been discussed ad nauseum in here. Monkeymouth is just one tumour that has been removed from the sport. He is no longer important.

Should he wish to do something positive for the sport, all he has to do is call Tygart. But he wont so lets leave him in past, known as the greatest sport fraud.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
His results pre-cancer weren't average, they were very good. And in 1996, when he started working with Ferrari, he looked like a future GT rider (not to win 7 Tours, mind, but to be a regular in the top 10).

A future GT rider in '96?

5b4bpl.jpg

Dude was pretty thick back then.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
His results pre-cancer weren't average, they were very good. And in 1996, when he started working with Ferrari, he looked like a future GT rider (not to win 7 Tours, mind, but to be a regular in the top 10).

He wasn't a future GT winner then no way. I'm not wanting to discuss Armstrong per se, more how the doping affected his performance, he was clearly doping pre tour wins and yet this didn't turn him into a contender at all.

Not all doping is the same. As for the picture posted of Armstrong at the 1996 Olympics, it's clear he wasn't targeting the major three-week tours.

Once his racing priorities changed, Dr. Ferrari altered his program. The testosterone was utilized more for recovery than for muscle-building.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
yep

a cadel evans.

mediocre in his excellence

TRENDING THREADS